Review Cats rout North by 62 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Result sounds better than the reality

Took the foot off the pedal for sure and the piss farting around to get 2E a goal was s**t to see really - in the 2nd 1/4 there is no room for that.

Atkins, Miers, Close, Stengle, Stewart, Bowes all very good today.

2E gets game 265 to be the most games played by an Irish man.

Blew the game open in the first 1/4.

Blitz subbed for rest for than anything and it seems like no injuries

PFD got a sore knee perhaps but it didnt seem really bad.

IF we expect to win next week playing like this will lead to disappointment but this week we got the 4 points and thats what we needed

TO next week with work to do

GO Catters

Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

Great work Zac 2E with his speech on the ground after the game.

Very classy regarding Jim Stynes

GO Catters

Bahaha Subtitles struggling to interpret Zac- "I'm all over the police at the moment."
Congrats Tuohy, taking the 10 goal win.

However lacklustre a few here thought it would be closer.

Last edited:
Solid win v a very poor team as expected.

No injuries (by the looks of it) is nice.

Hard to make out too much from it... North is just that bad imo.

Take it and move on to the Dons next week.

Just what we needed. Had the game won by 1/4 time, coasted a bit, avoided injuries, and had the opportunity to drill the gameplan. Letting the Irishmen Three have some fun in 2E's milestone game was nice too.

Stengle's set shots. What more can you say?

Blitz getting subbed off wrecked our structure. He's unbelievably important to us. Cotton wool was a wise call.

Very much so mate. Did enough, but really just played to par. And all the things we are doing and not doing which cause us problems against good teams were still there.

In better news though, we will be unchallenged in the Guarding Grass Premiership 2023. 🏆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to get the win and hopefully we can start to build some momentum soon. We will need to be a lot better next week though. I think we were pretty sloppy at times, hopefully some personnel changes will help with that too.

Happy with the win that puts us back into 8th. As I said pregame, it was the type of game we needed to put some players back in form. Nice to see Stengle and Henry kick a bag and great to get the win for Tuohey.
7th for the next 2 quarters of Bombers/Croms.

Is there a way both teams can lose?

Typical Geelong game against crap opposition. Do enough in one quarter and blue the s**t out of us in the others.

I actually reckon it's pretty disrespectful to the opposition to play the way we did for some of that game.

The messing around with it in front of goal I just hate to see in professional sport.

Having said that, you'll always take a 60pt win. Just wasn't great how we went about it. I had feelings of an upset before the game so it was nice to have that put to bed by quarter time.

Reckon you guys put the cue in the rack at half time. Should've been 80+.

We deserved to be crushed by how shameful we were at times. Anyway, good luck for the rest of the year.

Bad luck today, been a tough period to be a North supporter; hopefully with Wardlaw, Sheezel and a few others coming up things can turn around sooner rather than later. Good debut from Boomer Harvey's kid today.

Bad luck today, been a tough period to be a North supporter; hopefully with Wardlaw, Sheezel and a few others coming up things can turn around sooner rather than later. Good debut from Boomer Harvey's kid today.
Cheers mate but I'm struggling to see how our senior players can support our young kids. I think we were let down by turnovers from our senior crop that should know better. Stark contrast to your group that hit targets repeatedly.

Cooper has a bright future ahead that's for sure.

Cats rout North​

That title is hilariously bizarre. In this instance the term 'rout' is best described as "to force out as if by digging".
What a terrible game.
Oh, Mullin was exceptional! Seriously, Geelong has to beat at least 6 teams currently in the 8 after Nth to make a reasonable position on the ladder for the finals, so they pick Mullin to Gel with the group. He has no idea at present and won't for the remaining season.
Ratugolea is already playing for Port.
Dangerfield still injured.
Hawkins has only one job now, and that's to teach everything that he can possibly articulate to Ollie Henry. It's like watching an Elephant travelling towards it's grave.

Given the competition is expanding with with the addition of a Tasmanian team, you really have to wonder what it means for sides like North and West Coast.

The draft pool will get weaker and sides like this aren’t moving up the ladder any time soon.

Eagles have a support base, and cash from WA commission. North have neither cash or supporters, which is why they should have relocated to TAS and changed from North to South.

Not sure what they really stand for.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back