Competition CCCC Round 13: St Kilda Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

St. Kilda Saints Football Club + Southampton Football Club = Southampton Saints FC

Connection: Both teams are nicknamed the 'saints'.

tumblr_ljfo1xapcZ1qfvqs2o1_500.png

Home jumper modeled on this / light clash modeled on this.

Come on, you can do better than that link - how about "Molly Meldrum is a prominent fan of both teams"? Or (technically) both clubs have won just 1 premiership ;)
hahaha good piont. I just wanted to post the designs, i couldnt be bothered searching for a decent connection ;);)

Oaklahoma City Saints
St.Kilda Saints + Oaklahoma City Thunder

Connection : Both teams made the Finals/Playoffs in 09' 10'

gngh.png

Home : Based on the Current St.Kilda Clash but with Thunder Colours
Away/Clash : based on st.Kilda's current home but the Stripes are cut off by the thunder bolts on the Oaklahoma City logo and then the rest is white
Heritage : Based on the 2000 St.Kilda Home but with Oaklahoma City colours

St. Kilda Angels

Teams: St. Kilda Saints (AFL) and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (MLB)
Connection: Saints and Angels are both common Christian symbols

I made this one up months ago, not so much of a fan of it now (particularly the back of the away), but it's something different, for sure.

Click on the preview for a full-sized image.

hahaha good piont. I just wanted to post the designs, i couldnt be bothered searching for a decent connection ;);)

I find I start with a connection - it's what decides whether I do the merge or not. I tend to use Wikipedia to do my research. My next criteria are whether the other team has an interesting design or set of colours, whether I can blend the two suitably etc. I don't care much for doing logos because a logo shouldn't be the overriding part of the design (and it feels like more trouble than it's worth sometimes). I've become a bit lazy recently as I'm not as inspired to do footy jumpers as I was last year. :( (You can only do so much when you use a touchpad on a laptop)

And because it wasn't a typo by you but a genuine error: it's Oklahoma. :thumbsu: You're confusing it with Oakland (and Oakleigh for that matter).

Similarly to Omega, I think of a few teams with connections that I can think of, then go through and see who has a good layout and/or colour scheme to work with the current AFL team.

St.Kilda Broncos
St.Kilda Saints + Denver Broncos

Connection: for both teams the 60's were a very important time with the Broncos Forming and the Saints had their first and only premiership

fghgk.png

HOME : based on the saints current home but with added logo on the front (west coast inspired)
AWAY : a white version of the 2000 saints home jersey but cross replaced with broncos logo

St. Kilda Devils
St. Kilda Saints and AC Milan
Connection: Both teams colours are red, black and white.
Home:
stkildaacmilan1.png

Home: Preety easy to understand.
Away: Based on the right side of AC Milans logo.

CCCC: Round 13
St.Kilda Lions
Clubs: St.Kilda Football Club + England National Football Team (Nicknamed lions/3 lions)
Connection: England won the FIFA World Cup in 1966, the same year St.Kilda won their one and only Premiership.

Logo:
StKildaLionsLogo.jpg

The logo is basically a combination of the England National Football Team Logo and the St.Kilda logo.

Home Jumper:
StKildaLionsHome.jpg

This jumper is based on the St.Kilda 2011 Pre-Season Jumper and features the St.Kilda Lions logo in place of the regular logo. The Red cross can also be linked to the National Flag of England.

Clash Jumper:
StKildaLionsAway.jpg

This jumper is based on this England 'Road/Clash' kit http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=hig7exlernt1v27nfyag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow guys, awesome jerseys all round. Gonna have a look through some of the older comps now just based on these great designs.

St.Kilda Indians

Teams: St.Kilda (AFL) + Cleveland Indians (MBL)
Connection: Went for something different here, Cleveland is in the Cuyahoga County of Ohio. One of the closest cities to Cleveland is Brooklyn, OH (not to be mistaken with Brooklyn, NY) In Brooklyn is the 'Memphis Kiddie Park', an historic amusement park. The connection for the Poll is, both St.Kilda and Cleveland are located near historic amusement parks.​

Logo:
StKildaIndiansLogo.jpg

Home:
StKildaIndians.jpg

Clash:
Went for something different here, got a bit creative :D
StKildaIndiansClash.jpg

Lots of Rugy league ones :), sharks, panthers and the storm.

St.Kilda Storm
St.Kilda Saints + Melbourne Storm

Connection : both teams are in Victoria

nhjm.png

Home : based on the current St.Kilda home but with some extras
Clash : based on St.Kilda's 2010 clash
Heritage : Based on the 2006 Saints Heritage

I'm not sure how this competition usually works and what not, but wouldn't that storm logo change the "Melbourne" to "St Klida"

St.Kilda Indians

Teams: St.Kilda (AFL) + Cleveland Indians (MBL)
Connection: Went for something different here, Cleveland is in the Cuyahoga County of Ohio. One of the closest cities to Cleveland is Brooklyn, OH (not to be mistaken with Brooklyn, NY) In Brooklyn is the 'Memphis Kiddie Park', an historic amusement park. The connection for the Poll is, both St.Kilda and Cleveland are located near historic amusement parks.​

Logo:
StKildaIndiansLogo.jpg

Home:
StKildaIndians.jpg

Clash:
Went for something different here, got a bit creative :D
StKildaIndiansClash.jpg

Looks great IMO.

I'm not sure how this competition usually works and what not, but wouldn't that storm logo change the "Melbourne" to "St Klida"

i would if i could but i dont have PS i have paint and the oldest version of it, and it would take hours to just change one word.....so stuff it :cool:

St Kilda Saints & St Louis Cardinals (MLB)
ST KILDA CARDINALS

stkildacardinalslogo.png

Both St Kilda and the St Louis Cardinals are based in locations beginning with 'Saint'. Also, cardinals - as well as being birds - are religious figures, just like saints.

stkildacardinalshome.png
The St Kilda Cardinals home jumper is based on St Kilda's clash jumper in the Cardinals' colours - cardinal red, navy, and white.
http://www.bomberblitz.com/~rmered/images/StKilda-Clash-2011.gif

stkildacardinalsclash.png
The clash jumper is also based on St Kilda's clash jumper.

stkildacardinalspreseas.png
The preseason jumper is in the style of recent "mascot head jumpers".

stkildacardinals.png

St Kilda Saints & Sydney Roosters (NRL)
ST KILDA ROOSTERS

stkildaroosterslogo.png

The St Kilda Football Club or St K.F.C. shares its acronym with a chain of famous fast food chicken restaurants. A sporting team that has a chicken as its mascot is the Sydney Roosters.

stkildaroostershome.png
The home jumper is based on the Roosters' home jumper from 1953 to today, in St Kilda colours - red, white, and black.

stkildaroostersclash.png
The clash jumper is based on the Roosters' alternate jumper. There are also similarities with St Kilda's 2010 pre-season jumper - a horizontal tripanel with the team logo in the middle.

stkildaroosterspreseaso.png
The pre-season jumper is not based on St Kilda or Sydney Roosters jumpers, but is instead based on recent "bird's head" jumpers.

stkildaroosters.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back