Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
OGUOIpJ.png

It has been a little over a year (due to me being overseas during January), I was going to hold the competition off until its normal slot in late 2020 or early 2021, but with the current world situation it was decided that instead of waiting until next year to run the competition, it would be brought forward to now to give people something to design to take their minds off everything going on. So welcome to the Cross-Code Rugby Championship season 4.

The Cross-Code Rugby Challenge (CCRC) is this boards Rugby based league competition.

There are some changes to the competition again this year to simplify it and make it easier for people to get entries in without having to worry about issues with team locations or designs. These changes have been made not only for the prior reason, but also due to the fact that while I was looking through designs for real world teams this year, as well as the design from the last season of this competition, there is far less difference between Rugby League and Union designs.

This thread is for franchise commitment posts and pre-season discussion. The season will start within the next few weeks after I feel we have enough entries, with entry confirmations and designs being accepted from now.

Previous competitors will still have preference to locations and their previous franchises. No confirmation of franchises are required, if you want to change your franchise location, then follow the following entry confirmation structure to allow people to know where teams are to be located.

New designers please also post in here for your entry using the format below.

The majority of entries will be accepted, so long as they are legit and are based in a location where a major team would be located (Capital city or large population area).

This year will also see no specified conferences from the outset. Depending on teams I will split them into conferences if needed based on geographic locations. As such the competition logo will be the only one used for this year on kits. With this 2 versions of the logo will be available for teams to use to give teams the choice of which to use for best integration onto kits.

Also this year the kits required have changed. You will be required to submit a Home, Alternate, and Retro/Heritage kit. As mentioned above League and union kits are starting to blur the lines and this was noticed during season 3 of the CCRC, so the "League based" and "Union based" kit rules have been dropped for this season. Magic Weekend has also been replaced with a Retro/Heritage design.

All entry details/rules are listed below.

Entry confirmation structure

Team Name- (e.g. Royal Glasgow RFC)
Location of team - (e.g. Glasgow, Scotland)
Colours- (e.g. Blue, Purple, Gold and White)

Competition Rules

You must create a
- Home Kit - Light or dark, must contrast with alternate.
- Alternate Kit - Opposite of Home (so if home is dark, alternate must be light and vice versa), must contrast with home.
- Retro/Heritage Kit.

All jerseys must contain the following:
- Sponsors: Compulsory (Front, Back - above and below numbers, right facing sleeve, shorts - left facing), Optional: Sternum, Collar, or any location sponsors may appear on a jersey.
- Manufacturer logo visible on the front of the jerseys in any normal manufacturer location including placed on shoulders, but part of the logo must be visible (jock tag does not count). Also on shorts (right side facing)
- Team logo on the right facing chest.
- League Logo on left facing sleeve. (There are 2 versions of the logo, a light and dark background version, either may be used).
- League logo to be placed on shorts (right facing), can also be used on jersey jock tag.
- League logo cannot be recoloured.
- Shorts and socks are mandatory.

Kit example from season 3 with locations for logos (note: manufacturer does not need to be on chest and shoulders this season, can be either or any other location a manufacturer logo appears {except jock tag}):

aDtJQuf.jpg

Season Structure

Will be determined when the number of entries is known.

As with previous seasons, wins will be worth 4 points, the bonus point system from season 3 continue. Wins by (TBD) or more votes will earn a team 1 bonus point, as will losses by (TBD) or less votes. This will mean that even losing teams could potentially earn points from games, and these points could be vital at the end of the regular season.

Last edited:

Have never had the time to get around to submitting something in this comp before but don't think I'll be having that issue this time

Team Name- Club Atlético Buenos Aires
Location of team - Argentina
Colours- Black, White and Sky Blue

Last edited:
Team Name- Harbour City Rugby Club
Location of team - Sydney, Australia
Colours- Navy, Volt and White

Team Name- Free State Rhinos
Location of team - Bloemfontein, South Africa
Colours- Black, Azure

Common people lets get the creative juices flowing and some more teams happening.
This is a bad idea since I can't find a good template, but I guess I should find something in the lead-up to Can-Am. Too bad I don't watch Rugby.

Team Name- Hartford Zebre
Location of team - Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Colours- Black, White, Sky Blue

It is interesting that not that many have thrown a hat in, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Craegus, can I just update my team name to Bloemfontein Rhinos instead of Free State? Everything else will remain the same.

My template and dark kit are basically complete, just need to do a club logo. That's usually the first thing I do when coming up with a new identity so it's been a bit backwards.

Craegus, can I just update my team name to Bloemfontein Rhinos instead of Free State? Everything else will remain the same.

My template and dark kit are basically complete, just need to do a club logo. That's usually the first thing I do when coming up with a new identity so it's been a bit backwards.

All good.

We currently have 8 teams submitting entry confirmations and 3 full submissions (one being a team not listed in this thread, for a total of 9 teams).

I am thinking I will allow entry confirmations until all current teams designs have been submitted. The quicker this happens the quicker the competition will start.

Should anyone else want to enter please put in your entry confirmations in here and this will then extend the deadline (for a reasonable amount of time).

Ok so I have 4 out of 10 entries submitted. So I would like to see all entries by this time next week (22nd April) if possible, with a full deadline of Friday 24th April.

If you would like to still enter, please get the design to me by the above date and make sure that you let me know that you are planning on entering as if all known entries are in by the 22nd then I will start and you may miss out.

Ok so I have 4 out of 10 entries submitted. So I would like to see all entries by this time next week (22nd April) if possible, with a full deadline of Friday 24th April.

If you would like to still enter, please get the design to me by the above date and make sure that you let me know that you are planning on entering as if all known entries are in by the 22nd then I will start and you may miss out.
In the interest of full disclosure, while researching for my heritage design I've discovered there is a rugby club called the Beirut Phoenicians in Beirut, wearing similar colours. Let me know if my entry is still valid or not please.

In the interest of full disclosure, while researching for my heritage design I've discovered there is a rugby club called the Beirut Phoenicians in Beirut, wearing similar colours. Let me know if my entry is still valid or not please.

Your team has a different name, pure coincidence that the colours are similar, especially as you would not have known as they are not a well known club. So I have no issue with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back