Celtic Fans to Boycott AAMI Park F & B

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no opinion on that as I don't care. Nothing to do with my statement either. If the stadium doesnt allow it and you think it's more important than the game then do what you want.
To me it not turning up because you cant have your streamers and banners seems very childish. Stay at home then with them as they are more important to you and there is no need to tell the world about it either.

Why has the stadium not allowed streamers though Ernie? That is the issue.

When someone does something that has no obvious reasoning behind it, you don't just sit in your corner and accept it, you ark up and ask why? Accepting political correctness and stadium paranoia will kill this league.

P.S. Have you picked a team yet Ernie?:)

Streamers have been banned from venues in Melbourne since the mid 90's. Docket rolls were and are commonly used as streamers and can become a dangerous projectile if not used correctly.

Unfortunately we live in a world of lawyers who look for any opening to launch a lawsuit and cash in.

As for the banning of banners I have no idea why that would be. Banners of some sort have been allowed in to AAMI Park previously.

Rojas is going to earn the victory a mint. Loved watching him play tonight, he's going to produce some great highlights this season.

Rojas was brilliant!

Great touches, good pace, great vision as well.

A few peach crosses which should have been put away

Let me join in the chorus of praise! Made the Celtic Defence look non-existent. That kid is an absolute star and I'm genuinely excited about watching him play this season!!

You'll Never Walk Alone was sooo cool. Great atmosphere.

I dont ever watch SPL and didn't know Celtic did that- who started first Liverpool or Celtic? Always liked Celtic better than Rangers for some reason but after hearing that I'm swaying :p

Also- with the fapfest over Rojas I forgot to mention how good Foshcini and Tando were. If they are capabale of playing to that sort of level all season that will really, really help us. :thumbsu:

Was also happy with Ferreria and Solorzano looked likely when on- will only get better.

I dont ever watch SPL and didn't know Celtic did that- who started first Liverpool or Celtic? Always liked Celtic better than Rangers for some reason but after hearing that I'm swaying :p

Also- with the fapfest over Rojas I forgot to mention how good Foshcini and Tando were. If they are capabale of playing to that sort of level all season that will really, really help us. :thumbsu:

Was also happy with Ferreria and Solorzano looked likely when on- will only get better.
I hear Celtic started it first, but the clubs are forever linked due to their Irish backgrounds.

When they played each other in the UEFA Cup, at Anfield and Celtic Park, the entire crowd sung YNWA, spine tingling.

happened to flick to 3aw this morning. surprise suprise, mitchell had someone from vic police on talking about last nights game. 14 arrests/ejections out of 20,000 which the copper said was an excellent figure.

could tell mitchell was trying to get the copper to bag the event/sport. didnt work. he even brought up the story (earlier this year) when one cop said a league fans were the worst behaviour wise. cop bloke didnt bite.

dunno why its even an issue (last nights game).

Copper responded well tbh, NOTHING happened last night, not a lot of seccos and coppers around in Victory end especially and it was a great vibe as a result, a good game of football too.

The Celtic fans were pretty bloody drunk by the time they got to the ground so no surprises they found 14 ejections out of 20k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caught the 6am horror back this morning and already straight to work on hardly and sleep and hungover due to only having one day off. ****ing worth it though. :thumbsu:

-AAMI Park is brilliant. Well done on having such a great stadium for kickball.
-Well done to the Victory fans for trying to match us despite being outnumbered.
-Riot police outside the Pint on Punt where the Jock Stein CSC were having their prematch booze up. Completely unnecessary but made a few neds and bandwagoners who have never seen us (or any team for that matter) play in Europe feel like they were in football factory. Can't wait to be back at the Jock Stein in August for a match.
-Rojas isn't half bad.
-Tando is keeping up the fine tradition of Glory players going to another club and finding a higher gear.
-Simple goal to score really for Skoosh.
-Chinatown at 2am isn't as dodgy as the the Chinese resturant area in Northbridge back here
-At least no one pissed on their seat like some woman did at the State of Origin. Nice try Mitchell :thumbsu:

Been a hell of a 10 days with the Bhoys in Perth and Melbourne. HAIL HAIL!!!

Anyone else see the business about VicPol tweeting the "eviction" scores? Incredibly unprofessional and now, laughably, they're trying to tell supporters to "move on" :rolleyes:

I think Mitchell may have made a mention of it on air at some point.

http://www.sports.news.first.com.au/articles/2011/07/14/toughen-up-soccer-fans-victoria-police/ / (sports.news.first should be all one word)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...on-fan-evictions/story-fn7x8me2-1226094434465

Caught the 6am horror back this morning and already straight to work on hardly and sleep and hungover due to only having one day off. ****ing worth it though. :thumbsu:

-AAMI Park is brilliant. Well done on having such a great stadium for kickball.
-Well done to the Victory fans for trying to match us despite being outnumbered.
-Riot police outside the Pint on Punt where the Jock Stein CSC were having their prematch booze up. Completely unnecessary but made a few neds and bandwagoners who have never seen us (or any team for that matter) play in Europe feel like they were in football factory. Can't wait to be back at the Jock Stein in August for a match.
-Rojas isn't half bad.
-Tando is keeping up the fine tradition of Glory players going to another club and finding a higher gear.
-Simple goal to score really for Skoosh.
-Chinatown at 2am isn't as dodgy as the the Chinese resturant area in Northbridge back here
-At least no one pissed on their seat like some woman did at the State of Origin. Nice try Mitchell :thumbsu:

Been a hell of a 10 days with the Bhoys in Perth and Melbourne. HAIL HAIL!!!

Nice work Bojangles, you'll have to come back for the Glory away game. I am sure that RoseMVP and BarklyStreetEnd would be more then happy to have a few beers :)

Did you know who was booing MVFC in the Celtic end? Bunch of bitter Hearts fans perhaps? I wasn't happy when some of our boys started booing Celtic in return though, especially during YNWA.

You are right about the policing situation, mostly caused by false media reports of football violence spread by media outlets who have AFL connections (3AW, Herald Scum, Channel 9 etc etc). Just to let you know I was at Geelong vs Hawthorn and witnessed an all in brawl between about 50 spectators who turned on security guards trying to break it up, didn't get a single second of airtime.

Damn, wish I went just so I could've sung YNWA. Sounded immense in that video. :thumbsu:

Laughed at how the dropkick Melbourne supporters tried to drown out the song by booing and failed miserably.

Really hope Liverpool can come down here and play in the next few years.

YNWA

[youtube]Ff_rWEvItIU[/youtube]

The goal

[youtube]L5umiI0a77Y[/youtube]

Fk me I was about 2 rows in front of the camera (excellent footage BTW).

Great night, really pleased with the Victory's performance.

As for the food boycott, it was almost all gone on the Eastern side food outlet we went to in the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back