A-League Grand Finals To Be Played In Sydney Has Been Revoked! Replaced By 'Unite Round'

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

She's a superstar. She should be the chair for the APL
Wasn't she one of the one's that backed the hatchet job on Alen Stajcic?

If only we new what Lucy new.

Well I know that was a FA sh!tshow and she helped cause it. Just because she is correct now does't make up for her failure with Stajcic.

Not happy about this statement at all, but it's only 3 seasons, not locked in for 50 years plus, like the AFL GF.

As long as City Members get significant/equal number of tickets allowed to a GF in Sin City, I don't care. Definitely going to fly up if we make it (got plenty of Rellos I can crash with up there)

Disturbing to read how skint the APL/A League is for money though.

The FFA and Lowy's McDonald's franchise prophecy has come true it seems.

Justice for @SMFCMike and the rest of the NSL bitters, they were right all along.

And to think, some clowns here think we could have been better (mens) World Cup Hosts than Qatar.

Australian Football is a joke, the arrogance and hubris to think that we could have been decent Hosts for the 2022 World Cup is absolutely breathtaking lol

Melbourne City’s press release is utterly pathetic. Accuses the club of cyber-bullying the players and blaming the decision on Covid!

Surely they are the last club that can be talking about financial difficulties been the driver.

Yep. So many lies flying around the place, it's a full time job trying to shut them all down!

APL want their grand final in Sydney.

Fine. They must provide return airfares and one nights accommodation for up to 15,000 fans from each club who qualifies for the GF outside of NSW.

They could even charter Bonza airlines to do it! Win win for all.
Same for the AFL then?

Never thought I would actually soften to Western United, but they've definitely got my respect for their strong stance.

Watch City's supporters go 'West' now and away from the CFG 😅

I'm a proud western suburbs guy and have been on city/heart since inception (50% because of Muscat, 50% because of pity lol) and would have loved to jump on board WU but everything about them screams incompetence (no stadium, horrific logo, etc).

Not happy about this statement at all, but it's only 3 seasons, not locked in for 50 years plus, like the AFL GF.

As long as City Members get significant/equal number of tickets allowed to a GF in Sin City, I don't care. Definitely going to fly up if we make it (got plenty of Rellos I can crash with up there)

Justice for @SMFCMike and the rest of the NSL bitters, they were right all along.

And to think, some clowns here think we could have been better (mens) World Cup Hosts than Qatar.

Australian Football is a joke, the arrogance and hubris to think that we could have been decent Hosts for the 2022 World Cup is absolutely breathtaking lol

That statement just shits on all the City members and fans. In an era where you guys should be hosting Grand Finals regularly you should be disgusted that City voted for this. I couldn't give a sh!t if they will fly me business class and offer me accommodation at a five star hotel I will not give these greedy goons the satisfaction. You can't bribe me by pissing on my back and telling me its raining. One of the best atmospheres in any sporting event I experienced was the 2015 Grand Final close to 30k Vuck fans creating a cauldron of noise and colour so much so I couldn't wait to experience it again and again. Sadly this will not be the case for the foreseeable future.
This decision is a kick in the balls to us hardcore and regular fans that stuck around when the league was on its knees, especially during all the sh!t stains we had to put up with the FFA and their intent to destroy the fan culture. We all could have easily walked away than but didn't because we all love the game and want it to succeed in a country that keeps kicking it while its down but also in spite of a governing body that keeps shooting itself in the foot time and time again. Well I think that final straw for a lot of us now has been pulled. How many more kicks in the balls do we need to receive to finally say f@ck this sh!t and just walk away for good?

Last edited:
That statement just shits on all the City members and fans. In an era where you guys should be hosting Grand Finals regularly you should be disgusted that City voted for this. I couldn't give a sh!t if they will fly me business class and offer me accommodation at a five star hotel I will not give these greedy goons the satisfaction. You can't bribe me by pissing on my back and telling me its raining. One of the best atmospheres in any sporting event I experienced was the 2015 Grand Final close to 30k Vuck fans creating a cauldron of noise and colour so much so I couldn't wait to experience it again and again. Sadly this will not be the case for the foreseeable future.
This decision is a kick in the balls to us hardcore and regular fans that stuck around when the league was on its knees, especially during all the sh!t stains we had to put up with the FFA and their intent to destroy the fan culture. We all could have easily walked away than but didn't because we all love the game and want it to succeed in a country that keeps kicking it while its down but also in spite of a governing body that keeps shooting itself in the foot time and time again. Well I think that final straw for a lot of us now has been pulled. How many more kicks in the balls do we need to receive to finally say f@ck this sh!t and just walk away for good?

Like they said in the FVS pod it's only the rusted ons left. The last of the casuals dropped off when the game went to Paramount. The last few years have been tough, not just as a Vuck member while we were at our lowest point in a long time, but just the league in general. After the pandemic and the sad state of the league I felt like they needed us members and rusted on types and I was willing to let stuff fly because it's A League and A League is often a meme of itself. This is different though. On Monday I was angry, wanted to disable my auto payments and vent at the club. I told myself to sleep on it because I was just angry and don't do anything irrational. A couple days later and while the rage has subsided I just feel done. Us rusted ons are the last ones left and they've just kicked us in the balls and the latest press release from APL last night to double down on this s**t idea is laughing at us after being kicked in the balls. I understand these business things take time so I'm going to give it until the new year. Unless either Danny Trainwreck resigns, the APL reverse the decision or there is serious and public heat from all of the club's then I'll be cancelling my membership payments in January and cancelling my Paramount renewal. I hate to punish the club for it but if enough members walk then it's going to force every club to make a stand. I might have to start following Bentleigh at this rate.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where to from here for professional football in Australia? Like, how does it come back from this?

Does the second tier become a breakaway comp with a few of the A-League clubs joining in with South Melbourne, Sydney United, etc?

Where to from here for professional football in Australia? Like, how does it come back from this?

Does the second tier become a breakaway comp with a few of the A-League clubs joining in with South Melbourne, Sydney United, etc?

I can't even see a second division getting up and starting let alone succeeding.
A break away? Wouldn't know how that would work does The APL now hold the rights to all the clubs intellectual properties? I don't know if they do if so a break away would be difficult next to impossible to achieve.

CCM chairman statement, wow.

Absolute rubbish to suggest that it was locked in and the NSW government wouldn't work with them to pull out of it. Surely it's clear to the govt they aren't going to make any money out of this so better to look like the good guys and cancel it.

This whole scenario just keeps getting worse for everyone. The league have ****ed themselves and the clubs are ****ed because they either can't legally push for the outcome they want/need or they have to do one thing and say another. Big Fitzroy energy in all of this. The fans are seething, the players are bewildered and the clubs are doing and saying what they can with their hands tied behind their backs and guns to their heads. The blood of the clubs, players, fans and officials is on APL's hands and they somehow have come out and made matters even worse for their reputation as this whole thing has unfolded.

Absolute rubbish to suggest that it was locked in and the NSW government wouldn't work with them to pull out of it. Surely it's clear to the govt they aren't going to make any money out of this so better to look like the good guys and cancel it.

meh.. CCM are essentially a Sydney based club Gosford is only an hour up the highway their ground isn't suitable to host a GF regardless.

The statement is a joke and I'm embarrassed that City has missed the point so badly. It reinforces stereotypes about the club. It also, more importantly, goes against what its marquee player was saying on social media earlier this week.

Australia is and always will be a miles better host for international sporting events than a human rights abusing oil money funded soulless Qatar whos national team was a disgrace to the world cup.

Australia is and always will be a miles better host for international sporting events than a human rights abusing oil money funded soulless Qatar whos national team was a disgrace to the world cup.

Yet Qatar have also produced the most interesting/even and fascinating series of results at a World Cup in probably decades

Depends what you are looking for at a World Cup Host I suppose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back