Central Murray FL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey lads, not sure if this post will work as i'm an old fella who isn't great with technology. Anyway rumours out of the dees camp that Grenfell is playing in a practice game against ultima tonight. How many will he kick do we think?
Yep, was left unsatisfied from the Irympal hit out I've heard. Wants to kick a big bag and hit the ground running in round 1 against Koondrook.

Well I always thought a good coach has a pretty good awareness when they played, he's coaching record is first class no doubt, so is coatsys, won flags here and for strath
Don’t know how to compare the 2.
Coates has had a core group of local players that have played together for a long time. Throw in a few juniors coming through and top up with recruits to fill the gaps. He has been able to keep the same core group of players motivated for a long time and is a great planner and reader of the game.
Not sure what Helmets did before coming up here but since he has arrived he has takes Lalbert from being near non existent to a quality team and the club is back in a strong position again.
He wasn’t at Tooleybuc long enough to achieve anything up there and has taken on another rebuilding challenge again.
2 completely different coaches in completely different circumstances.

Have heard reports that the Lake Boga recruits have done a back turn and decided to stay in Melbourne.
Hope there's genuine reason. Absolutely s###ts me when clubs plan and get what they can only to be left high and dry with no time to replace them. I don't know if I missed any other recruit announcements but it's going to be like an under 19s side and Aaron Lonergan. 2s could battle too so hopefully they've been getting numbers to commit.

Hope there's genuine reason. Absolutely s###ts me when clubs plan and get what they can only to be left high and dry with no time to replace them. I don't know if I missed any other recruit announcements but it's going to be like an under 19s side and Aaron Lonergan. 2s could battle too so hopefully they've been getting numbers to commit.
Couldn't agree more. Players don't seem to respect the contract they sign anymore. Whatever happened to having dignity?

No sighting of the big man mountain out at nyah tonight.
Murphy held up signs again, red to indicate slow ball movement and green to indicate fast movement, not the start of quarters. I initially thought these were used to give players time indication.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel Campbell spent a little time in the forward line tonight. Does anyone see this happening? Could see him doing the Tom Hawkins role in the ruck inside 50.

Joel Campbell spent a little time in the forward line tonight. Does anyone see this happening? Could see him doing the Tom Hawkins role in the ruck inside 50.
Playing against ultima colts? perhaps the move was just a little bit of fun.

Yeh I’m not sure that slow ball movement is part of nyahs repertoire anyway? They tried that at the shaft of last year and when they released the shackles the young kids run and pressured sides into the ground.
Hard to maintain for 4 quarters but they seemed to manage it last season

Slow ball movement? When you've got a gun forward I'd think the plans gotta be get it in quick, not wait for the opposition ruckman to sit in the hole in front of him
The chaos ball movement may not suit him Trent hence why they may have to know when to have fast play and slow play. Maybe this is also a reason why the red and green signs have been introduced, quite smart from the coaching team.

Yeh I’m not sure that slow ball movement is part of nyahs repertoire anyway? They tried that at the shaft of last year and when they released the shackles the young kids run and pressured sides into the ground.
Hard to maintain for 4 quarters but they seemed to manage it last season
Slow ball movement? When you've got a gun forward I'd think the plans gotta be get it in quick, not wait for the opposition ruckman to sit in the hole in front of him
So 5 points up with 2 minutes to go with ball in hand deep inside your defensive 50 and you want them to move it fast?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back