Politics Centrelink

Over The Post

Quarantine Chimp
Nov 17, 2007
Bikini Atoll
AFL Club
Richmond
18 months ago Sarina Russo refused to change me to another provider. I went to Centrelink and complained and they referred me back to Sarina Russo. I forget what I did to actually convince Centrelink to move me to the Salvos but I was pretty ******* ropable at the time.

Goroyals22

Team Captain
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Your story is changing again.
Before ..jobseekers don't need approval they can just change....
Now..."I've never heard one denied"

So all those people that have been told they have to comply with Mutual Obligation or their payments will be cut, even though Mutual Obligation has been suspended, should just engage with lying "job consultants" who are only interested in getting their little kickback for sending people to do "courses"?

Why would that hurt someone who clearly takes pleasure in denigrating vulnerable people?
The mentality of "job consultants" that you have displayed in this exchange is a cancer that runs through the whole Job Network and one of a thousand reasons it needs to be closed down immediately.
Your good at trying to get gotcha moments ill give you that. Obviously was referring to when forms were a thing

if they have been told about mutual obligations when they have been suspended id love to know who the providers were and they should be shamed..
Here we go personal attacks again.. More than happy with how I do my job.. As in all fields theres good and bad . I already said ive worked for two providers that were terrible and left due to how the conducted themselves.

Number37

Anyhow, have a Winfield 25.
Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
18 months ago Sarina Russo refused to change me to another provider. I went to Centrelink and complained and they referred me back to Sarina Russo. I forget what I did to actually convince Centrelink to move me to the Salvos but I was pretty ******* ropable at the time.
Did you "engage" with your provider?
Apparently it's all your fault and if you "engage" then "consultants" don't have to behave like DHs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number37

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Your good at trying to get gotcha moments ill give you that. Obviously was referring to when forms were a thing

if they have been told about mutual obligations when they have been suspended id love to know who the providers were and they should be shamed..
Here we go personal attacks again.. More than happy with how I do my job.. As in all fields theres good and bad . I already said ive worked for two providers that were terrible and left due to how the conducted themselves.
Forms are still a thing because not everybody can navigate the jobsearch website to find the online form.

Imagine how bad those providers must have been for someone like you to leave.

Over The Post

Quarantine Chimp
Nov 17, 2007
Bikini Atoll
AFL Club
Richmond
Did you "engage" with your provider?
Apparently it's all your fault and if you "engage" then "consultants" don't have to behave like DHs.
I engaged with my provider quite positively until it became apparent they weren't the slightest bit interested in me except in ticking boxes until I got a job for myself, when they would obtain a chunk of money from the government. One "consultant" confided in me they had to spend way less than 10 minutes with each "client" else they didn't meet their KPIs. The final straw was turning up for their "job club" (Meeting room? Tea and bickies and discussion after a presentation from someone with a whiteboard? Mutual support?) which consisted of half a dozen computers in a row facing a blank wall, upon which you had to apply for five jobs before being allowed to leave.

I told them the last time I did detention was in high school 40 years ago and walked out before I smashed every piece of sh*t PC through the wall.

Number37

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
I engaged with my provider quite positively until it became apparent they weren't the slightest bit interested in me except in ticking boxes until I got a job for myself, when they would obtain a chunk of money from the government. One "consultant" confided in me they had to spend way less than 10 minutes with each "client" else they didn't meet their KPIs. The final straw was turning up for their "job club" (Meeting room? Tea and bickies and discussion after a presentation from someone with a whiteboard? Mutual support?) which consisted of half a dozen computers in a row facing a blank wall, upon which you had to apply for five jobs before being allowed to leave.

I told them the last time I did detention was in high school 40 years ago and walked out before I smashed every piece of sh*t PC through the wall.
I have heard so many stories of people choosing to live on the streets rather than have to deal with "job consultants" and Centerlink.
It's ridiculous in our country in 2020.

Number37

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Someone like me? oh your a such a keyboard hero.
9 years, 4 providers... you've been a hero to jobseekers who don't have a job, like you.
How awesome are you compared to someone who doesn't have a job.

Why is my 'a such' a keyboard hero?
What is my 'a such'?

NSWCROW

TheBrownDog
Sep 16, 2006
NW SYNNEY
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
STURT - LIVERPOOL
Ive worked for four providers. Two good, two absolutely garbage... Best bet go for the non for profit providers. They are more interested in assisting people and less in the budget. One American owned company is an avoid at all cost.
It takes a MAXimum effort to be as bad as that certain mob you mentioned.

Chief

Electric Boogaloo
Dec 1, 1999
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goroyals22

Team Captain
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
9 years, 4 providers... you've been a hero to jobseekers who don't have a job, like you.
How awesome are you compared to someone who doesn't have a job.

Why is my 'a such' a keyboard hero?
What is my 'a such'?
I have a job idiot...
And actually I have been a hero to many a job seeker but hey we cant all be good at our job.

Over The Post

Quarantine Chimp
Nov 17, 2007
Bikini Atoll
AFL Club
Richmond
Look at these two ******* smug campaigners. Waaah waah poor company can't compete with below-poverty-level benefits. NSW agriculture minister says people sitting at home "earning very good money" so why would they work. "Either JobKeeper and JobSeeker needs to be tweaked, so we remove that financial disincentive, or we bring in some plane loads of extra people from overseas, or we do a bit of both."

How about paying a reasonable wage first for those jobs you pieces of sh*t. God I'm annoyed.

Chief

Electric Boogaloo
Dec 1, 1999
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Look at these two ******* smug campaigners. Waaah waah poor company can't compete with below-poverty-level benefits. People sitting at home "earning very good money" so why would they work. "Either JobKeeper and JobSeeker needs to be tweaked, so we remove that financial disincentive, or we bring in some plane loads of extra people from overseas, or we do a bit of both."

Or pay a decent wage?

NSWCROW

TheBrownDog
Sep 16, 2006
NW SYNNEY
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
STURT - LIVERPOOL
Look at these two ******* smug campaigners. Waaah waah poor company can't compete with below-poverty-level benefits. NSW agriculture minister says people sitting at home "earning very good money" so why would they work. "Either JobKeeper and JobSeeker needs to be tweaked, so we remove that financial disincentive, or we bring in some plane loads of extra people from overseas, or we do a bit of both."

How about paying a reasonable wage first for those jobs you pieces of sh*t. God I'm annoyed.

BUT MUH CAPITALISM !!!!

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)

The thing about abattoir work is that it pays a fairly low wage, it's both physically and psychologically stressful, and many of the abattoirs are in regional areas to boot.

Colour me surprised that Australians, particularly those with families, don't take up those jobs in their droves.

BTW Number37, the bloke you're speaking to thought back in August that lowering the dole would be a great idea (because it would stop those damn bludgers from taking it, or something - and then conveniently and no doubt coincidentally reduce his workload in the first place), so I'd treat him with all the seriousness that you'd treat someone like, say, Tony Abbott.

Over The Post

Quarantine Chimp
Nov 17, 2007
Bikini Atoll
AFL Club
Richmond
The thing about abattoir work is that it pays a fairly low wage, it's both physically and psychologically stressful, and many of the abattoirs are in regional areas to boot. Colour me surprised that Australians, particularly those with families, don't take up those jobs in their droves.
You forgot the bit about how a single covid19 case spreads like wifi through those places.

Number37

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
BTW Number37, the bloke you're speaking to thought back in August that lowering the dole would be a great idea (because it would stop those damn bludgers from taking it, or something - and then conveniently and no doubt coincidentally reduce his workload in the first place), so I'd treat him with all the seriousness that you'd treat someone like, say, Tony Abbott.
Just another "job consultant" who likes belittling vulnerable people at the same time as whinging about having to do their job.

Top Bottom