CEY

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
OK, he hasn't played a lot of games. Walsh backed him in prior to an injury that destroyed his career (campo). Played well then and also played really well when covering in 2016 for 2 games. Thommo was carried for 20 touches throughout 2/3's of 2016, whilst CEY would have provided more. The beast showed his value. Him and Thor are superb. Get Brad back in and we're huge.

But our coaches learned that we can win without Mackay. Seriously, hes a liability. We suffered injuries, but when he went off and we only had footballers left, turns out his running patterns aren't that important.

He really found some form as the game went on.

Few stupid decisions, they will always be part of his game.

But as it stands atm he'll be playing a lot of games at least until our injury list gets shorter.. and after that it'll be down to how he proves himself with this chance he has gotten.

Sorry, he got a lot of the ball (according to AF stats) but he wasn't very good. He turned the ball over too often without pressure and his lack of pressure or urgency when the ball as leaving a stoppage was non existence.

Got to go

Unless he is elite at something else, that's not good enough. It costs too many goals

Agree, I don't think he's ever going to be a clear best 22.

But frankly if he performs like he did tonight I'll take him over Mackay, at least he has the body size for AFL.

The handball to Martin was a shocker but outside of that I liked him.

Does look slow at times and gets caught, sometimes not the worst thing where there was a couple of times tonight he could have had a handball which would have gone straight to a Tiger but instead just got tackled.

Good size, works pretty well in traffic to get a handball, can be a target up forward so I do like assets of his game and certainly worth investing in ahead of a Hampton type who I see very little return for in his game. I've been a CEY fan for a while though so perhaps I have some coloured glasses on with my opinion of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he’s too slow of mind, but he’s a good backup option.

Tough and grunty, lot to like but reckon his decision making limits him

Really glad to see him do well tonight though

Somewhat disagree. Super strong in the guts of it. Gets hands out and doesn't really miss kicks. Need him working through the mid/fwd line. I'd dump Lynch, as long as JJ plays as a genuine KPD. RUNNING POWER IS THE KEY. I just hope that our ciaches realise that.

Think he’s too slow of mind, but he’s a good backup option.

Tough and grunty, lot to like but reckon his decision making limits him

Really glad to see him do well tonight though

Don't disagree about his speed of mind. But when they come at you, and your strength allows extra time to give, we can't expect much more than getting the nut into the right spot. As i said from his first moments years ago, CAN PLAY.

Agree, I don't think he's ever going to be a clear best 22.

But frankly if he performs like he did tonight I'll take him over Mackay, at least he has the body size for AFL.
I'd take McKay last week over CEY tonight

*I feel so dirty saying that

He is a solid back up option, but no more.

There really isn't enough to his game to be a regular, unless he is playing for a s**t truck club. He is very good depth though.
Solid back up if Mouch, Brouch, Douggy, Greenwood and Hampton aren't playing...but then, where are we!

Solid back up if Mouch, Brouch, Douggy, Greenwood and Hampton aren't playing...but then, where are we!

Oh absolutely. I wouldn't be against him getting another contract to be this back up player either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back