Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dixie Marshall had a better voice than any of the women on the coverage today

Compare 7's 1988 commentary team to today. Poles apart.
For all the talk about professionalism, quality etc. the 1988 team absolutely runs rings around anything from the past decade

I actually liked Channel 10's team at the end, minus Luke Darcy who is the absolute epitomy of what's wrong in commentary today. An overbearing adherence to all forms of political correctness, fence-sitting with no personal viewpoints of substance, or when interested in anything it's only because it's popular at the time. Consequently, he's prepared to change it at any time. There is no actual true substance to his views.

I enjoyed listening to Matthew Lloyd a decade ago on Ten. He has viewpoints without being the turdburglar that Kane is.
From being a mumbling village idiot in the early 2000s, he became quite articulate by the late 2000s as part of Ten's team. I thought he deserved another run as a game-day commentator

Unfortunately, 7 is more interested in gender-quotas than quality. IMO, it has been to the detriment of the TV viewer

Ah yep those gender quotas that keep BT, Darce-hole, Lingy, Jobe and Nathan Jones employed by 7.

Fox made contact with duncan therefore Duncan didnt make contact with Fox. “FMD”
Youy seem to understand that there was contact between the two but then don't seem to accept there was contact between the two.

Regardless, the post was light hearted but you had to be a f###wit about it. FMD indeed.

FFS Channel 7, you really are taking the p*** with Darcy. Called Brodie Grundy Max Gawn during a centre circle ball up during the first quarter. Enough of the inflicting this peanut on the viewing public. If this sort of performance keeps up tonight, I am turning off and listening to the radio. Tell that to your advertisers.

FFS Channel 7, you really are taking the p*** with Darcy. Called Brodie Grundy Max Gawn during a centre circle ball up during the first quarter. Enough of the inflicting this peanut on the viewing public. If this sort of performance keeps up tonight, I am turning off and listening to the radio. Tell that to your advertisers.

Getting those two mixed up is pretty tough but Darcy managed it. Well done, 'Duke'.

Noticed recently and last night as well that Ch7 commentators often refer to Cotchin as 3-time premiership captain. Yes, that is correct, but they never seem to call him 2012 Brownlow medalist though. Because Jobe is one of the team perhaps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticed recently and last night as well that Ch7 commentators often refer to Cotchin as 3-time premiership captain. Yes, that is correct, but they never seem to call him 2012 Brownlow medalist though. Because Jobe is one of the team perhaps?
I dont know what I'd like more... Cotchin to join Jobe on the Ch 7 team, or Cotchin to replace Jobe on the Ch 7 team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back