Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who also adds nothing?

The boundary rider/special comments role hasn't added value for years. Richo, Selwood, Abbey etc. Get rid
Na she knows her stuff and relays it to the audience well. She's got a great cadence and tone of voice is not unbearable. She's good on Triple Ms daily podcast 'footy talk' too. But I can appreciate your opinion 👍

Keep the Boundary Rider, but they are to concentrate primarily on injuries and interchange.

Basically anything that can't be seen or heard from the booth.

Getting them to mention random stats is not what they're there for.
But they barely add anything there either

Richo: "Looks like a leg injury" as we see a player stretchered off clutching their knee

Or his effort last week "could just be a stinger", "what's a stinger Richo" "I have no idea, I've heard others say it"

Selwoods big insights "Footy at the G, eh?" ...awkward pause assuming that's not all he's saying...

But they barely add anything there either
That's the problem - the role of the Boundary Rider (and others) that has been determined by the moronic producers / director of Ch7.

Dare to say we all know where it's going wrong.

To add, it makes it even more obvious that good players and good commentators don't always go together.

Abbey Holmes I think is pretty good. Erin Phillips not so (and that's due to being thrown in the deep end - she's not ready yet).

I just switched on - running a bit late today - and BT is talking to JB about catching prawns in the Swan River with some kind of net that Geelong's defence has formed.

If ch7 weren't so out of touch they'd allow BT and JB to actually be themselves. Which anyone who has ever listened to them on radio would know are completely different to TV. People would still hate them.but more people would enjoy the commentary than they do now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who came up with the idea of t-shirts and suit jackets?

I know casual wear is much more acceptable these days but it just appears lazy on a broadcast. It looks like they've turned up late, thrown a jacket on to give a hint of professionalism and switched the camera on.

Given the quality of the broadcast this it probably true regarding the level of prep put in by the commentary team.

If ch7 weren't so out of touch they'd allow BT and JB to actually be themselves. Which anyone who has ever listened to them on radio would know are completely different to TV. People would still hate them.but more people would enjoy the commentary than they do now.
Radio has never really translated to TV. I offer the Bearded Burbler as Exhibit A

Who came up with the idea of t-shirts and suit jackets?

I know casual wear is much more acceptable these days but it just appears lazy on a broadcast. It looks like they've turned up late, thrown a jacket on to give a hint of professionalism and switched the camera on.

Given the quality of the broadcast this it probably true regarding the level of prep put in by the commentary team.
Probably the same person who told the commentators to wear shorts with white business shirts on the Big Bash. I swear Ch7's wardrobe policy is "just wear whatever your wife thinks looks nice".

1711618967045.png

'Ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball', 'ball'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back