Unofficial Preview Changes for Round 13 (21 June) v Hawthorn @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Who that currently isn't getting a game in our 22 is missing out because of Embley? I don't think Embley has been playing at all good, but who on our list is really missing out?

Conditions of missing out are: Not being Hams/Razzle, not being injured, and actually showing some effort when previously selected (not Smith).

I think as lot of us would rather get games into shep before embley. He may have kicked two goals against the saints but he looked slow and turned the ball over too many times.

I love embers, selwood etc. They've been great servants for the club, but there comes a point where these guys getting games is detrimental to the club going forward. I fear we'll be left with too many inexperienced players when the current batch of veterans call it quits within a short time period (1-2 years).

Thread got weird.

Embley can still play a role in the team weather it can be on the wing, down back, up forward or even as a sub. He should be playing up forward as he can be another target and should be the 3rd tall option and is still capable of kicking for goal on the run 50 out like he showed last week.

Players like Shep have to prove they can step up and keep Embley out of the team and so far he has shown glimpses but needs to be consistent to keep him in the team. I really do hope Shep can step up and be an awesome player and its a shame he got dropped as i think he could contribute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think as lot of us would rather get games into shep before embley. He may have kicked two goals against the saints but he looked slow and turned the ball over too many times.

I love embers, selwood etc. They've been great servants for the club, but there comes a point where these guys getting games is detrimental to the club going forward. I fear we'll be left with too many inexperienced players when the current batch of veterans call it quits within a short time period (1-2 years).

Yeah Shep is the only one I could really think of too, as Cripps is still improving and learning in the WAFL. But even then, Shep has played some games, so while not being a regular he hasn't been starved.

If that's all though that we have kicking the door down to take Embleys spot then it's not the worst crime ever for him to keep playing really.

Against hawks:

Brennan glass schoefield
Waters Mackenzie hurn
Rosa priddis sheppard
Mcginnity darling shuey
Lecras Kennedy cox

Nat s.selwood(c) kerr

Embley(sub) butler hutchings masten

Rotate hurn through midfield at centre bounces, darling up on the wing

Of all the teams in the AFL - we need Brown against the Hawks

With Franklin, Roughead, Hale and Gunston - we need three guys who can play on the talls.

Glass and Schofield aren't genuine key defenders and neither are really equipped to take on Franklin and Roughead.

Of all the teams in the AFL - we need Brown against the Hawks

With Franklin, Roughead, Hale and Gunston - we need three guys who can play on the talls.

Glass and Schofield aren't genuine key defenders and neither are really equipped to take on Franklin and Roughead.

Schofield I'll give you but Glass not a key defender?

Would make Hale/Gunston piss.

Schofield I'll give you but Glass not a key defender?

Would make Hale/Gunston piss.

Yep - and neither are key forwards.

Glass is no longer a key defender, hasn't been for 2 years. That's not to say he couldn't have a crack at the job, but yes he is far more likely to take Gunston than Roughead or Franklin. So if Brown isn't playing - who takes those two .....

I heard Pantskylie's been killing it in the Mod WAFL ready to take someone's spot in the seniors.

Is he taller than McGovern?

even old and slow embers is a class above them. He is also big bodied and has used this well in the past. Snow White isnt the only member of the MC!
Sorry but i disagree. Embers was a class above most players in the past but now he doesnt really do enough to justify his spot. He didnt even do enough in his wafl games to earn a recall (ask Swannies), but he got straight back in on reputation and what he used to be able to do.
IMO its about time we got a bit creative while blooding some young players in the spots they were recruited to play in. For example, bring in Hutchings and play him in the guts, Kerr to forward pocket to preserve his body and use his creativity around goal as a crumber with stints in the middle when required, and shift Hill to the wing etc. Another option is to give Priddus a rest, let Hutchings play his inside mid role, and bring in Shep, Cripps or Newman for a few weeks and see what they can do on a wing or half forward, but dont drop them straight away for old guys who's best footy is behind them. If they dont show enough then look at moving them on. I also wouldnt mind seeing McGovern geting a game to see if he can take the next step as he's been good in the WAFL (before being injured) and in the NAB games, so put him in darlings spot and rotate Darling in the guts for a game. Its worth a try IMO. Flame on..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back