Preview Changes for the SF v Brisbane: Friday 9 September, MCG, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Salem out, Bowey in. Salem holds his spot if/when Harmes gets done.

Also need a second forward target. Ideally TMac, but they could also go for Smith. Possibly ANB goes. It won’t change the result anyway. If we lose, it won’t be because of a risk

If Melbourne bow out, be it next week or the prelim, and it’s due to a disfunctional forward line again it might be another 2018 preliminary final loss moment.

That was the one where it became apparent the backline needed a major overhaul. Will it be the forward line this off season?

I’d love for them to chuck JVR in, but you know they won’t.

If Melbourne bow out, be it next week or the prelim, and it’s due to a disfunctional forward line again it might be another 2018 preliminary final loss moment.

That was the one where it became apparent the backline needed a major overhaul. Will it be the forward line this off season?

I’d love for them to chuck JVR in, but you know they won’t.
Goes to show the value of free agency. Tigers picked up Lynch for nothing in that offseason and he was pivotal to them winning two flags.

We had to give up pick 6 for May which was obviously worth it but it came at the expense of turfing our KPF and the pick that was used on Ben King, who kicked 47.25 in his third year in a bottom side. Would be handy for us (ACL aside). Of course we might have taken Butters with that pick anyway but it goes to show. We haven’t got anything like that kind of value out of free agency (just Tomlinson and Dunstan)

Like Goodwin will roll the dice hahaha
Correct. He wont do it. But he should.

If he did he'd be admitting that our forward line is a disaster and that he did nothing to address it all year.

Goes to show the value of free agency. Tigers picked up Lynch for nothing in that offseason and he was pivotal to them winning two flags.

We have to give up pick 6 for May which was obviously worth it but it came at the expense of turfing our KPF and the pick that was used on Ben King, who kicked 47.25 in his third year in a bottom side. Would be handy for us (ACL aside). Of course we might have taken Butters with that pick anyway but it goes to show. We haven’t got anything like that kind of value out of free agency (just Tomlinson and Dunstan)
The forward line may click and Melbourne win the flag again making us look like idiots, but if not could the Jackson picks be used to get a really competitive tall forward? I can’t really think who that would be though.

Or cheaper options like one year of Josh Kennedy, or try to flip Port a pick in the 30s for the last couple of years of Charlie Dixon’s career?

Back to what the thread is about, surely one of McDonald or JVR must come in.

If Harmes gets suspended I’d do the straight swap - or if Jackson is definitely out the door I’d consider dropping him as he gave stuff all tonight.

The forward line may click and Melbourne win the flag again making us look like idiots, but if not could the Jackson picks be used to get a really competitive tall forward? I can’t really think who that would be though.

Or cheaper options like one year of Josh Kennedy, or try to flip Port a pick in the 30s for the last couple of years of Charlie Dixon’s career?

If Harmes gets suspended I’d do the straight swap - or if Jackson is definitely out the door I’d consider dropping him as he gave stuff all tonight.
Jake Riccardi from the Giants maybe. I’d rather we looked at another medium sized game breaker across half forward though. Need someone more consistent than Kossie, more powerful than Spargo, and more composed than ANB. Basically 2018 Melksham, who it looked like we had back a few weeks ago. Probably more achievable than finding a tall. This is what the Swans have in spades

The Cats have a few of these types as well. If we could prise someone like Close or Hayward, or even Ben Ainsworth from GC or Zac Bailey from Brisbane loose, that would go a long way towards improving our forward set up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I've said or the 19th week in a row. Out: Ben Brown, In: whoever.

Will Goodwin do it? No. So just cosmetic changes and likely false form after a win against Brisbane.

Next week could be a very low crowd number. Thought the Swans outnumbered us in the crowd tonight which is embarrassing. Throwing a $20 on the Lions we were that insipid.
Come on. Swans outnumbered us? It was so far a Melbourne crowd it wasn’t funny. At least 80%.

There was a big bay of Sydney behind each goals, and at least one more in the Shane Warne stand. Everywhere else was red and blue from what I saw.

Salem out, Bowey in. Salem holds his spot if/when Harmes gets done.

Also need a second forward target. Ideally TMac, but they could also go for Smith. Possibly ANB goes. It won’t change the result anyway. If we lose, it won’t be because of a risk
Hunt goes before Salem

Come on. Swans outnumbered us? It was so far a Melbourne crowd it wasn’t funny. At least 80%.

There was a big bay of Sydney behind each goals, and at least one more in the Shane Warne stand. Everywhere else was red and blue from what I saw.
Nah not that high, about 60-40

You are kidding right! At worst crowd was even. Where tf are our supporters? I reckon we'll be struggling to get 50k next week after a performance like that.

Why don’t we just play Jackson at FF? Our forward line is that bad that I’d happily like to see him playing FF.

Taylor Walker for sure.

You are kidding right! At worst crowd was even. Where tf are our supporters? I reckon we'll be struggling to get 50k next week after a performance like that.
I was there. There were hardly any Swans aside from two bays at Punt road end. I could see the entire Ponsford and Olympic. Bugger all red and white aside from behind the goals. I couldn’t see Shane Warne stand above me though as I was at ground level.

I was there. There were hardly any Swans aside from two bays at Punt road end. I could see the entire Ponsford and Olympic. Bugger all red and white aside from behind the goals. I couldn’t see Shane Warne stand above me though as I was at ground level.
I was there too. Swans took up whole Ponsford and top deck of Shane Warne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back