Preview Changes/Preview – Round 11 vs. Euro-Yroke (St Kilda)

Remove this Banner Ad

That being said, poor Max. First we leave him hanging out as the only club representative to talk about our off-season issues and now he's got to take questions from pissed off talkback callers as to why we suck so much.

He’s a victim purely because he can speak well in the media.

I know they’re not related to on field stuff but the silence from Pert and Roffey has been disgusting since September last year.

Horse Longmire: Lets Co-Captain Luke Parker run around in the 2s for a month.

Goodwin: SALEM IN NOW!!!!!!!!!

That being said, poor Max. First we leave him hanging out as the only club representative to talk about our off-season issues and now he's got to take questions from pissed off talkback callers as to why we suck so much.
Yeah I agree.

It's easy to pot Max but I lost all respect for the club when they threw him out in front of the cameras In the off season as the main spokespersons for all the crisis shit and yet we heard nothing from Pert, Goodwin and Roffey bar a cringe SEN interview telling us our culture is the best it's ever been.

Roffey then has the nerve to pop out of nowhere and demand that supports cheer louder at games???

He actually doesn’t, it is bizarre. Are journos told not to ask him any hard questions as he might have another panic attack?
Ive always said talk back radio callers know more than the media.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree.

It's easy to pot Max but I lost all respect for the club when they threw him out in front of the cameras In the off season as the main spokespersons for all the crisis s**t and yet we heard nothing from Pert, Goodwin and Roffey bar a cringe SEN interview telling us our culture is the best it's ever been.

Roffey then has the nerve to pop out of nowhere and demand that supports cheer louder at games???
say what you want about Max & Goodwin but at least when their time is done (Goodwins hopefully very soon) we'll be able to look back and say at least they did something for the club.

WTF have Pert & Roffey done apart from leech off others hard work?

I wanted Sestan in this week too, but let's not pretend his VFL form has been consistently amazing (it's been good, just not unreal):

Round 2: 18 disposals, one goal
Round 3: 21 disposals, three goals
Round 5: 17 disposals, one goal
Round 6: 14 disposals, zero goals
Round 7: 13 disposals, zero goals
Round 8: 16 disposals, four goals

He'll get a game soon, but he's hardly a candidate to walk based on lack of opportunities, especially since his VFL season last year was fairly underwhelming.

To be fair, they've had him playing a few different roles. He played a fair bit of midfield in those games where he didn't kick any goals. He may not have been unreal, but his form has been consistently better than others who have had a shot and better than a fair few still getting games at AFL level.

In a team struggling for forward pressure and scores, he seems a more than obvious candidate to give a crack.

Hunter being named ahead of him is an absolute farce.

To be fair, they've had him playing a few different roles. He played a fair bit of midfield in those games where he didn't kick any goals. He may not have been unreal, but his form has been consistently better than others who have had a shot and better than a fair few still getting games at AFL level.

In a team struggling for forward pressure and scores, he seems a more than obvious candidate to give a crack.

Hunter being named ahead of him is an absolute farce.
I want him in the team too, was just pointing out that he's hardly in a place to leave due to 'lack of opportunities' as implied above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive always said talk back radio knows more than the media.
100%. Chris from Camberwell should get the first question at all post match pressers.

“Simon, is it fair to say that is the result of trading Braydon Preuss to GWS?”

“How much do you regret not selecting Matt Jefferson and Kyah Farris-White?”

100%. Chris from Camberwell should get the first question at all post match pressers.

“Simon, is it fair to say that is the result of trading Braydon Preuss to GWS?”

“How much do you regret not selecting Matt Jefferson and Kyah Farris-White?”
Goodwin wouldn't be able to get a word in.

“Our forward line has been dysfunctional ever since Jay Kennedy Harris left, has anyone ever been made accountable for that decision?”
If Chris heard about Mitch Brown's recent domination in country football he'd be demanding answers also.

If Chris heard about Mitch Brown's recent domination in country football he'd be demanding answers also.
“Simon, given that Mitch Brown kicked 14 goals for Parkdale and we’ve scored 14 goals as an aggregate this season, is it fair to say that we delisted and drafted the wrong Browns?

“Our forward line has been dysfunctional ever since Jay Kennedy Harris left, has anyone ever been made accountable for that decision?”
Nah. No good since John Lord stopped kicking drop kick goals from the pocket.

Last edited:
1716534153628.png

Hunter in after a gross performance in the VFL and Howes omitted is...odd.

Goody panicking and going for experience, it would seem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back