Prediction Changes Round 8 Dogs V Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed that in our press release for the team, we didn't list the interchange in alphabetical order (we normally do).

INT: James O’Donnell, Jack Macrae, Lachie Bramble, Harvey Gallagher, Oskar Baker, Rory Lobb, Caleb Poulter, Caleb Daniel

Lobb, Poulter and Daniel are the last 3 listed and are all good chances to be the emergencies. I guess we'll find out in an hour.

Good spot.

That might suggest Baker is the sub as well.

Whilst I can agree with you to some extent, there has rarely been consistency in selections when it comes to Bevo since his time in charge.

Gallagher has had a very poor fortnight, why hasn’t he been sent back to work on some things?
Agree that Gallagher has been fortunate to keep his place.

Agree that Gallagher has been fortunate to keep his place.

He was my pick for sub last week…same again for this week. It could be Bramble too, but I’ll cry if it’s Macrae.

No Sanders in an extended squad is just dumb selection.

Guessing he’s being “punished” for his outburst, but sure, let ego make the call.
Punishment or development? You can’t let kids egos get ahead of them or you get Jake Stringer 2.0. I’m fine leaving him in the 2nds until he has learned our systems. We aren’t a flag winning unit this year, he’s had a taste and JUH and Darcy have both had similar time in the 2nds and it’s done neither any harm. Remember when we were “ruining” JUH by playing him in the 2’s?

I’m the last man who would be a Bevo sycophant but I agree with many of his decisions around the kids.

Punishment or development? You can’t let kids egos get ahead of them or you get Jake Stringer 2.0. I’m fine leaving him in the 2nds until he has learned our systems. We aren’t a flag winning unit this year, he’s had a taste and JUH and Darcy have both had similar time in the 2nds and it’s done neither any harm. Remember when we were “ruining” JUH by playing him in the 2’s?

I’m the last man who would be a Bevo sycophant but I agree with many of his decisions around the kids.
Agree it's development rather than punishment, but there is zero chance Sanders becomes Stringer 2.0 ego/attitude. Sanders is incredibly committed and works his arse off.

Agree it's development rather than punishment, but there is zero chance Sanders becomes Stringer 2.0 ego/attitude. Sanders is incredibly committed and works his arse off.
Yeah I don’t know much about the kid directly but some of his frustration really looked Ill-disciplined. It’s fine he’s 19 but he’ll be well served spending a solid stretch in the 2’s so the system and the plays come naturally to him at the elite level. He’s exactly what we need but we need it within our format and respectful of the team plans.

4 headed monster will be deployed to try stretch the Hawks lack of key defenders.
Well Hawthorn at Marvel was the original birthplace of the 4 Headed Monster. Let me remind you of Naughton, Jamarra, Schache and O’Brien.

Did they know how to give each other space? I submit Exhibit A:

IMG_4761.jpeg

Well Hawthorn at Marvel was the original birthplace of the 4 Headed Monster. Let me remind you of Naughton, Jamarra, Schache and O’Brien.

Did they know how to give each other space? I submit Exhibit A:

View attachment 1978106
Can see why Treloar is being used purely as a mid now and not a forward

Weightman or West would have been sitting on Sweets head if they were that close

Yeah I don’t know much about the kid directly but some of his frustration really looked Ill-disciplined. It’s fine he’s 19 but he’ll be well served spending a solid stretch in the 2’s so the system and the plays come naturally to him at the elite level. He’s exactly what we need but we need it within our format and respectful of the team plans.

Man was disappointed about being subbed and all of sudden it's ''ill-disciplined''.

All the reports out of the pre-draft scouting was how good of a kid he is, one outburst doesn't change that.

Man was disappointed about being subbed and all of sudden it's ''ill-disciplined''.

All the reports out of the pre-draft scouting was how good of a kid he is, one outburst doesn't change that.
And the "outburst" (if it even was that) read to me as someone disappointed in their own game, or disappointed that they didn't get an opportunity to improve within the game and help the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing Sullivan get used at the centre bounce in the last quarter of a close game just annoys me with how we use Garcia, Harmes etc.

Speaks volumes

The trust and confidence they had in him and the b***s to do it

Baker in the 23 with zero VFL dominance. Selection integrity!!!!!

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I hope Freijah moves up to the wing in the VFL this week and then is an option to come in the week after if Baker stinks it up.

This season is on a path to nowhere so would at least like to get some games into a very promising looking kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back