Prediction Changes v Brizzy in Brizzy (sigh)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes I want to see

Fyfe in, Hughes out (someone else take Hughes wing)
Draper in, Ryan out (Clark or Young to kick out) Ryan is seriously one of the most pathetic players going around, got too comfortable after his first All Australian he forgot how to win a hard ball or attack a a contest, he just looks like he doesn't give a s**t, constantly in terrible shape, what does it say about your club when he is one of the more senior players?
Corbett stays as sub for now (just don't see a spot for him unless Amiss comes out, and I don't want that)

Changes we probably will see

Henry in for Wagner
Wilson in for Walker

I think Ryan is fed up with the spuds around him. Bring in Hamling for Pearce and Wilson/Chapman for Walker.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Ryan is fed up with the spuds around him. Bring in Hamling for Pearce and Wilson/Chapman for Walker.

From what I have seen. He has had to be replaced two weeks in a row because he refused to go with his man. Lukosius week one and I think Ugle Hagan this week. He has been poor and lazy.

Erasmus, NOD and Treacy in.

Hughes and Banfield out. If either of them are selected (and don't anybody try and defend them, they're crap regardless of their odd average games) then I am done with this team.

Time to start running every junior and future proofer we got now, the seasons a write off. Doesn't matter if we lose every game from here on in, lets just get some games into these kids, and feed them the idea that they are the future and have a place in the club.

Agree in their current mode. Hughes has some value as a lock down defender. A wingman he is not. Would swap OMeara in to Banfields role, and bring some running pace into midfield.

Frustrating because Bulldogs just handball it out of the 50 during a kick in, drawing in a Fremantle player each time. It was just night and day. Kick 15-20 m inside.
Fremantle’s zoning sucks tol

Yep. The zoning has been worked out, JL needs to change it, otherwise it’s going to be a very long year.

Can you explain the second point a bit more

At stoppages the wings are either marking a player or standing near the ruck. They should at least be on the outside.

When moving the ball forward we go wide to back pocket and then try to swing it back into the corridor. Too slow because the opponent has now flooded we are forced to go long down the line. We should have wingers running into space then a short pass / hand ball in defence and then activate the wing. Bulldogs did it to great effect most of the game.

Strange thought process considering he was captain all of last year when we made finals.

I had no issue at the time, he had a good track record as captain. Players love him.

But something about the official label seems to have completely ruined any ounce of leadership he had last year

So he was captain for 2 finals games, of which the second he played like a spud?

I think the spuds around him are fed up with Ryan

He and Cox were our most reliable defenders in 2022 and have been for a few years now. So how does a player deteriorate so quickly in 6 games? He looks pissed off and doubting the game plan. His body language is shit and should be dropped for the crap attitude, but that is a Band-Aid and doesn’t solve the problems

I think we need to look more at structural changes rather than just bringing in guys for the sake of it.

In - Corbett, O’Driscoll
Out - Brodie (sub)

First of all, I’d have Corbett come into the 22 and play more of a classic CHF role. Let Amiss and Jackson stay deep, Corbett can do the hard work up the ground. We desperately need a marking option to be the link out of the defensive 50 and it’s pretty much his one strength.

The big change I’d make is to ‘drop’ Brodie and have him be a permanent sub. We need more run through the middle so I’d bring back O’Driscoll, but he’s also the one guy we have who can come on and dominate as a sub. Nobody else can turn a game by coming on and having 10-15 touches in the last quarter. Young guys like Johnson and Erasmus just aren’t going to impact like that. It’s harsh on Brodie, but it’s a ‘team’ move. And why not try to make the sub role an actual advantage, not just another number.

Longer term, I’d be looking for Switkowski and Chapman to come back in and replace Banfield and Hughes respectively.

And I’m all for Young to be played off a wing and added to the midfield mix, I think he can be every bit as good as Jordan Dawson - but I don’t think it’s as easy as just one day going up to him and saying you’re a midfielder now.
O'Driscoll was cooked in the fourth yesterday. He ain't match fit.

He and Cox were our most reliable defenders in 2022 and have been for a few years now. So how does a player deteriorate so quickly in 6 games? He looks pissed off and doubting the game plan. His body language is s**t and should be dropped for the crap attitude, but that is a Band-Aid and doesn’t solve the problems

Maybe he just doesn’t feel like putting in the work after signing a long term deal hence why he’s fat and unfit. At least our other defenders look fit and in shape.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually those players are the ones that stand up in finals.

Problem the wing spot depth is dogshit.
Henry isn’t it. I’d back Worner to get a chance. NOD is still growing.
I mean, if you think Banfield and Hughes are going to lead us to finals glory then I just give up.
Name a team in the top 10 of this league they would get a minute of game time for?
There isn’t a single one.
If they were delisted this week they would both be playing state league next year. No one is picking them up. Maybe west coast and that’s about it.

I mean, if you think Banfield and Hughes are going to lead us to finals glory then I just give up.
Name a team in the top 10 of this league they would get a minute of game time for?
There isn’t a single one.
If they were delisted this week they would both be playing state league next year. No one is picking them up. Maybe west coast and that’s about it.
I reckon they're fringe 20-25 players at a number of teams. Hughes especially as a defender.

Ha. Ryan himself is a spud this season. Id drop him for Hamling, who at least will stay man on man with his opponent. Ryan loves to go for a huge intercept mark, leaving his opponent free.
Give Kick ins to Young and never allow Hamling or Pearce dispose the ball. Simple.

May need Hamling anyway v Brisbane. Daniher v Pearce and Cox v Hipwood. God they ll get destroyed

Is worth trying something different at the centre bounce.
Something like Treacy or Jackson at the centre bounce then drift forward and swap with JOM for the round the ground stuff.
Spot on.
Jackson on the bench with Darcy rucking significantly exposes the game plan even more.
Treacy as second ruck would make sense, Jackson then can be the full forward. Allows Josh to get involved in the play more.

Never rated Pearce nor understood the hype. He reminds me of Woody from Toy Story, uncoordinated and brain in slow motion. He makes Zac Dawson look like a Brownlow contender.

Worst centre back we have ever had.

Look he can play, but agree to some degree.

Even at our best he was prone to brain fades but they weren’t magnified as they are now that he is captain and we’re getting smashed.

Look he can play, but agree to some degree.

Even at our best he was prone to brain fades but they weren’t magnified as they are now that he is captain and we’re getting smashed.
Yeh. When you playing with confidence everything seems easy and the ball bounces your way. When not, seems like everything is going against you and things are slow motion. Although he does seem hindered in his movements.

Never rated Pearce nor understood the hype. He reminds me of Woody from Toy Story, uncoordinated and brain in slow motion. He makes Zac Dawson look like a Brownlow contender.

Worst centre back we have ever had.

Wish people respected Dawson more on this forum.

He was very good and never got smashed one on one like Pearce has been this season. He knew his limitations and handballed it off whenever he marked or had possession of the ball. Was player of finals for both St Kilda and Fremantle.

Actually need for Cox, Pearce to do that more often.

Wish people respected Dawson more on this forum.

He was very good and never got smashed one on one like Pearce has been this season. He knew his limitations and handballed it off whenever he marked or had possession of the ball. Was player of finals for both St Kilda and Fremantle.

Actually need for Cox, Pearce to do that more often.
Yep. If they want faster transitions from the back the ball in Pearce and Ryan hands should be limited. Take the mark and dish it off as quick as possible

Watching the breakdown on the footy show, it does highlight the issue with ball movement. Dockers chipping it laterally and then finally kicking down line and marked uncontested. Bulldog Mark it and plays on immediately and handball was forward even. If they going to kick it laterally then down line with same result anyway this also time wasting especially if we behind

Yep. If they want faster transitions from the back the ball in Pearce and Ryan should be limited. Take the mark and dish it off as quick as possible
Yes but the smalls need to come around from behind but they aren't doing it consistently enough. If they do it, they don't generally kick to advantage enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back