Prediction Changes v Brizzy in Brizzy (sigh)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When's chapman getting back.
Needs to be put in the midfield.

It's tragic to see our Brownlow medalist have his career cut short.
Watching on from the sidelines.
I don't think he did anything last year but confuse the side when he came in but we could use him now to stop the rot ..

Changes I want to see

Fyfe in, Hughes out (someone else take Hughes wing)
Draper in, Ryan out (Clark or Young to kick out) Ryan is seriously one of the most pathetic players going around, got too comfortable after his first All Australian he forgot how to win a hard ball or attack a a contest, he just looks like he doesn't give a s**t, constantly in terrible shape, what does it say about your club when he is one of the more senior players?
Corbett stays as sub for now (just don't see a spot for him unless Amiss comes out, and I don't want that)

Changes we probably will see

Henry in for Wagner
Wilson in for Walker
Henry is not the answer.
We have enough softness and horrible decision making as it is.

Give Ra's a go as sub
Wilson for Luke Ryan.

Erasmus, NOD and Treacy in.

Hughes and Banfield out. If either of them are selected (and don't anybody try and defend them, they're crap regardless of their odd average games) then I am done with this team.

Time to start running every junior and future proofer we got now, the seasons a write off. Doesn't matter if we lose every game from here on in, lets just get some games into these kids, and feed them the idea that they are the future and have a place in the club.

I think we need to look more at structural changes rather than just bringing in guys for the sake of it.

In - Corbett, O’Driscoll
Out - Brodie (sub)

First of all, I’d have Corbett come into the 22 and play more of a classic CHF role. Let Amiss and Jackson stay deep, Corbett can do the hard work up the ground. We desperately need a marking option to be the link out of the defensive 50 and it’s pretty much his one strength.

The big change I’d make is to ‘drop’ Brodie and have him be a permanent sub. We need more run through the middle so I’d bring back O’Driscoll, but he’s also the one guy we have who can come on and dominate as a sub. Nobody else can turn a game by coming on and having 10-15 touches in the last quarter. Young guys like Johnson and Erasmus just aren’t going to impact like that. It’s harsh on Brodie, but it’s a ‘team’ move. And why not try to make the sub role an actual advantage, not just another number.

Longer term, I’d be looking for Switkowski and Chapman to come back in and replace Banfield and Hughes respectively.

And I’m all for Young to be played off a wing and added to the midfield mix, I think he can be every bit as good as Jordan Dawson - but I don’t think it’s as easy as just one day going up to him and saying you’re a midfielder now.

Erasmus, NOD and Treacy in.

Hughes and Banfield out. If either of them are selected (and don't anybody try and defend them, they're crap regardless of their odd average games) then I am done with this team.

Time to start running every junior and future proofer we got now, the seasons a write off. Doesn't matter if we lose every game from here on in, lets just get some games into these kids, and feed them the idea that they are the future and have a place in the club.
😭 Cya. Don't forget to take the ball with you lol

I think we need to look more at structural changes rather than just bringing in guys for the sake of it.

In - Corbett, O’Driscoll
Out - Brodie (sub)

First of all, I’d have Corbett come into the 22 and play more of a classic CHF role. Let Amiss and Jackson stay deep, Corbett can do the hard work up the ground. We desperately need a marking option to be the link out of the defensive 50 and it’s pretty much his one strength.

The big change I’d make is to ‘drop’ Brodie and have him be a permanent sub. We need more run through the middle so I’d bring back O’Driscoll, but he’s also the one guy we have who can come on and dominate as a sub. Nobody else can turn a game by coming on and having 10-15 touches in the last quarter. Young guys like Johnson and Erasmus just aren’t going to impact like that. It’s harsh on Brodie, but it’s a ‘team’ move. And why not try to make the sub role an actual advantage, not just another number.

Longer term, I’d be looking for Switkowski and Chapman to come back in and replace Banfield and Hughes respectively.

And I’m all for Young to be played off a wing and added to the midfield mix, I think he can be every bit as good as Jordan Dawson - but I don’t think it’s as easy as just one day going up to him and saying you’re a midfielder now.
Young played mid as a teenager from memory and was quite useful so I reckon it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch for him.

Are the Sturt haters still around?

Or have you piped down now?
I am not a Sam Sturt hater by any stretch.

My opinion is my opinion. But I can't judge Sam Sturt and his Career in his last 3 years because he has been either injured or in the WAFL.

I can't comment on his WAFL form unless if we're talking about his stats.

This time last year, Sam Sturt kicked 5 goals in a pre season game with Peel then has a season ending injury.

Some people wanted him gone last season because of his injuries and rightfully so. Some people ran out of patience.

Glad Sam Sturt got a contract in 2023.

I want Sam Sturt to play vs Brisbane and Hawks

Forward line is the least of our worries. Happy with the mix. Take out Banfield for Corbett, and it’s okay. Build upon that.
The midfield is dog s**t.
Aish doesn’t fit anywhere. Have 4 of the same players in Serong, Brodie, JOM, Aish. There’s no change up, no X factor. It’s boring.

Throw in Jackson, throw in Young, throw in Frederick or Schultz even. Add pace, add grunt. Aish and JOM are slow as on the outside. So easy to burn them off. Bonts destroyed JOM every centre bounce.
We miss Mundy badly. Throw in a returning Fyfe and give up on his forward line folly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wilson Draper Walker

Aish Cox Clark

Chapman Fyfe Young

Sturt Corbett Walters

Shoota Amiss Freddy

Darcy Andy Serong

Noddy Brodie Jackson Johnson

Erasmus sub
Chapman , Fyfe , Young provide outlet marking targets for our backs. Delivery into our forward fifty from these wingers should be an improvement. We need some radical changes..

JOM needs to go.

Noddy as sub, with Raz in for JOM and Corbett in as a starting forward ahead of Banfield who is dropped.

Won't happen because JOM and Banfield are Bell protected species, but it is what should happen.

JOM needs to go.

Noddy as sub, with Raz in for JOM and Corbett in as a starting forward ahead of Banfield who is dropped.

Won't happen because JOM and Banfield are Bell protected species, but it is what should happen.
Exactly what has to happen. But JOM will be saved, Erasmus probably sub with Banfield getting a game due to his 4 goals from last year...

I honestly don’t give as a chance at all to win this week in fact I am expecting a thrashing but let’s be honest this would be so DOCKERY for us to actually win this week. Lol.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well.... Brisbane are $1.08 and Freo are $8.

Who is crazy to put $20 on Freo? LoL

JOM is the new whipping boy. Been plenty worse than him.
No doubt, the problem he has is we retired Mundy for him (even if we didn't know it at the time), hasn't improved where Mundy was deficient, his cost and contract length aren't insignificant and he's playing instead of Ras.

He basically had to be a B+/A grader to be well received here and he just isn't. He's like Willem Drew level and we were hoping/expecting for at least 32/33yo Travis Boak.

Not a fan of Treacy but I would like to propose this.

Treacy in as a Fwd/Ruck and Jackson to CHB. Jackson has the athleticism to be just as good as Logue.

Just try something! Drop Ryan. Cox goes deep on the no 1 fwd. Jackson takes the CHF..Captain takes the 3rd fwd.

It sends a message to Ryan and the backline. Jackson may thrive as a CHB will the game in front of him and it gives us a different edge.

If it isn’t Treacy as the fwd/Ruck try Keuk as the chop out, Reidy maybe? Throw Corbett in as an undersized Ruck.

Rework the magnets…but I think we lack a bit of Jump, power and energy in the backline atm. Jackson to CHB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back