Prediction Changes v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Lynch out is good and bad for us.

Good that he is out coz He hits up a lot of their play out of defence.

Bad because i Reckon Adelaide will play Ports "dirty ball" style in the wet to smalls like Betts, Murphy etc which will trouble us.

We need to make the most of our chances i50

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope Simmo sends a text to Emac, asking how his toe is going. that'd be a sweet mid season pick up.

Any game in Adelaide, I fondly recall big Eric, and that post :)
I also remember him launching a 55m set shot to get our first against the crows. Crows kicked the first 5 but we went on to win that game.

Lynch out is good and bad for us.

Good that he is out coz He hits up a lot of their play out of defence.

Bad because i Reckon Adelaide will play Ports "dirty ball" style in the wet to smalls like Betts, Murphy etc which will trouble us.

We need to make the most of our chances i50

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
If thats the case maybe eagles need to train with wet balls im sick and tired the way they play in the rain, low scoring and a snooze fest.

r

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the weather is poor during or immediatley leading up to the game, which is looking very likely, then I think we put this one down for a loss. Hopefully not by too much and with no injuries.

I am not normally one for doom and gloom but when was the last time we played well in poor conditions?

I think our home game against the Bulldogs last year wasn't a great day weather wise, but that was maybe a bit of wind and a very light passing shower or two.

We play a kicking game where we take advantage of our opportunities when we get the ball and back our talls (fwd and back) to win contests in the air. Take that away (and throw in Darling's form slump) and I don't see how we win. We don't have a wet weather plan.
Which is why I'm surprised Waterman has been selected in the side and not Ah Chee. You would think with the expected weather conditions, the selectors would have gone with Ah Chee (or a similar player) - Simmo loves going in 'tall' no matter the weather conditions and he comes unstuck on many occasions - eg Brisbane earlier in the year. If it had been up to me would probably have chosen Ah Chee and Rotham, although perhaps Neilson has improved and showing good form in the Beagles side??

Which is why I'm surprised Waterman has been selected in the side and not Ah Chee. You would think with the expected weather conditions, the selectors would have gone with Ah Chee (or a similar player) - Simmo loves going in 'tall' no matter the weather conditions and he comes unstuck on many occasions - eg Brisbane earlier in the year. If it had been up to me would probably have chosen Ah Chee and Rotham, although perhaps Neilson has improved and showing good form in the Beagles side??

Simpson has gone too tall by selecting the 191cm Waterman ahead of the 189cm Achee

Also he should have played the 193cm Rotham instead of the 187cm Nelson

I don't think height is the issue for us this game. It's the team's gameplan to try and kick mark their way from the back line to the fwd line that gets us undone.

Need to play like the last quarter against melbourne all gamr to win in wet conditions. Which means getting the ball fwd at all costs and quickly.

Punching and kicking ball off ground, tap ons instead of taking possession in congestion etc.

That Yeo ball punch off the deck to advantage leading to a goal is prime example.

I don't think height is the issue for us this game. It's the team's gameplan to try and kick mark their way from the back line to the fwd line that gets us undone.

Need to play like the last quarter against melbourne all gamr to win in wet conditions. Which means getting the ball fwd at all costs and quickly.

Punching and kicking ball off ground, tap ons instead of taking possession in congestion etc.

That Yeo ball punch off the deck to advantage leading to a goal is prime example.

100% agree, if I see us get the ball forward of the wing and then pass consecutively until we are at full back, I'm going to lose it and tell my TV exactly what I think. Wet weather footy is exactly as you described, get the ball forward at all costs.
My boys are both playing footy this morning in Broome, this time of year you normally got a thumping Easterly wind that blows directly to one end of the ground difficult to hit targets well either way you kick, as it either holds up, gets blown sideways or carries further than you think. So when you get the ball with the wind get the bloody ball as deep into attack as you can, creates pressure and the goals follow.
I think we will win tonight. Carn Eagles!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpson has gone too tall by selecting the 191cm Waterman ahead of the 189cm Achee

Also he should have played the 193cm Rotham instead of the 187cm Nelson
From footage I have seen from both players, Ah chee seems to have more agility and breaking lines. I could be wrong.

This. We're overusing the kick-mark possession game style this year. Last year we had a good balance of it with the play on at all cost and take the game on style.

We played sexy football and this year it ain't do sexy.

Quick ball movement off HB and through the wings/middle is needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back