Preview Changes v North Melbourne - Round 7, 2021 - OUT Jones, IN B Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon we drop Melk and bring in Ben Brown, see if it could work with Tmac and Brown as key forwards, with Jackson rotating through as well. I can't see dropping Melk causing any major disruptions with ground ball pressure, so this is the week to give it a go surely
Melk had as many pressure acts as TMac and Gawn so yeah not losing alot in that way to try Brown or Weid

I know they say don't change a winning formula but I can see Brown coming in for Melksham with T-Mac pushing up the ground.

Maybe Chandler in for Spargo.

Been a Melky Bar Kid fan for a while but he looked like the odd Demon out that game. He needs a spell. Not being disrespectful but we can afford to blood a youngster against North.

No change to the key forward set up while the system is working so well. Crazy to flirt with it.

In: One of Bowey, Chandler or Bedford
Out: Melksham

Last edited:
No changes.

Bit too early to start managing players, and as tempted as I am to bring Brown in I just can’t drop anyone to do it (except Melk or Jones but we’d be too tall).
I'm in two minds about that. I haven't watched the replay yet, but I thought it was Kozzie's worst game for us this year, and given he's had a strange preseason maybe a rest wouldn't hurt. Would rather we manage him now than have to rest him against Sydney or Carlton, plus it gives us a chance to get a look at someone else against a team slightly better than VFL level.

I'm in two minds about that. I haven't watched the replay yet, but I thought it was Kozzie's worst game for us this year, and given he's had a strange preseason maybe a rest wouldn't hurt. Would rather we manage him now than have to rest him against Sydney or Carlton, plus it gives us a chance to get a look at someone else against a team slightly better than VFL level.
Thought the same re Kozz. Seemed a bit flat and not quite as energetic as he has been in previous weeks.

Thought the same re Kozz. Seemed a bit flat and not quite as energetic as he has been in previous weeks.
I think Richmond were putting a lot of work into him actually

Been a Melky Bar Kid fan for a while but he looked like the odd Demon out that game. He needs a spell. Not being disrespectful but we can afford to blood a youngster against North.

No change to the key forward set up while the system is working so well. Crazy to flirt with it.

In: One of Bowey, Chandler or Bedford
Out: Melksham
You absolutely are being disrespectful.

But that is ok, because the only sane reaction to lolNorf is a complete lack of respect.

No changes.

Bit too early to start managing players, and as tempted as I am to bring Brown in I just can’t drop anyone to do it (except Melk or Jones but we’d be too tall).
Halfway to the bye against the bottom side is the perfect time to manage players.

In: B Brown, Chandler (been wanting him to get a chance)
Out: Melksham, whoever else has a niggle (or Kossie or Spargo for a rest)

Assuming this game is at Marvel, we can stretch the s**t out of North's backline with another tall. And a chance to give a rest, I know it's only 6 games in but we want players fresh as possible and whilst not calling this one a gimmie, it'll be the best opportunity we get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barring injury, stick with the current forward structure for as long as possible. If it looks like teams are starting to work us out, that is when you bring Weideman/Brown in to mix things up. Until then, however, keep that on reserve. Best thing about last night’s win is that we beat the premiers and still possibly have even higher levels to go too and no opposition team knows what that might look like (unlike the Bulldogs, who are essentially structurally complete).

72 still wouldn’t make up for all of the draft value index points you robbed us of ):

I hope you're not pulling that silly "death ride" crap with me mate.

I called it ridiculous the day it started up.

Weird. I’ve only ever seen it from North fans and only since the death ride started, so I just assumed. Guess I’m just upset that we got rorted so badly ):

You're trolling the wrong bloke mate. I invented this stuff.

Not a bad idea. Kozzie gets a week holiday and the club can reward Chandler with a call up

Please don't murder us.

(In all honesty anything less than a 60pt thrashing is a positive for us)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back