Preview Changes v Pies Sunday 4/8/13 @ M.C.G.

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 7 reporting that Jobe has said he is confident he will play this weekend. :thumbsu:

I think Baguley's copping an unnecessary pasting from some on here. I'd say he's been one of our more reliable players this season, and it's no coincidence that he, like the rest of our defence, has struggled when our midfield has been smashed. Aside from Friday night, West Coast and Mark LeCras is the only other time this season I can remember him being really well beaten. Besides, we've seen with Hardingham time and again that, for all the acrobatics he offers, you don't get any improvement at all re: decision making and foot skills.

Oh, and someone mentioned Bags setting up Zaka with a hospital ball - shit happens, everyone makes blunders here and there. In fact, now that I think about it, Zaka deserved it for trying to get Dempsey killed in the Sydney game... karma and all that.

But yeah, I'd stick with Baguley. He played well on ANZAC Day, and he's arguably the best shut-down backman we have (though Fletch still goes alright when the match-up suits, and Hibberd is a quality stopper when he has to be).

your insight is great........... hurls was good friday night how about show some support for him

Good...I am sorry...but 3 junktime goals do not change the fact that he can't catch the ball! Buddy was good, Roughead was good...note the difference..bot of them didn't drop chest marks.

Oh, and someone mentioned Bags setting up Zaka with a hospital ball - shit happens, everyone makes blunders here and there. In fact, now that I think about it, Zaka deserved it for trying to get Dempsey killed in the Sydney game... karma and all that.

Sorry, but what the **** is wrong with you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good...I am sorry...but 3 junktime goals do not change the fact that he can't catch the ball! Buddy was good, Roughead was good...note the difference..bot of them didn't drop chest marks.

God I have had enough of people calling them 'junk time' goals. Goals are goals and each of them are as valuable as the next, whether it is to ice a 60 point win or too get us back in the game with 2 minutes to go. If the game had been closer people would have been calling him 'clutch' for kicking goals in the last quarter.

Give him a break, he will come on in the next 18 months.

God I have had enough of people calling them 'junk time' goals. Goals are goals and each of them are as valuable as the next, whether it is to ice a 60 point win or too get us back in the game with 2 minutes to go. If the game had been closer people would have been calling him 'clutch' for kicking goals in the last quarter.

Give him a break, he will come on in the next 18 months.

They are goals when the game is done an dusted, they are worth nothing except to make him look like he has ne something...aparat from the fact he was absolutely useless the other 3 quarters an couldn't catch the ball. He will come on...if he is played at FULL BACK!

IN Winderlich, Fletcher, Crameri, Kavanagh

OUT Pears, Daniher, Dell olio, Kommer

Happy hunting ground!

BQaes40CcAArqDz.jpg

I think Baguley's copping an unnecessary pasting from some on here. I'd say he's been one of our more reliable players this season, and it's no coincidence that he, like the rest of our defence, has struggled when our midfield has been smashed. Aside from Friday night, West Coast and Mark LeCras is the only other time this season I can remember him being really well beaten. Besides, we've seen with Hardingham time and again that, for all the acrobatics he offers, you don't get any improvement at all re: decision making and foot skills.

But yeah, I'd stick with Baguley. He played well on ANZAC Day, and he's arguably the best shut-down backman we have (though Fletch still goes alright when the match-up suits, and Hibberd is a quality stopper when he has to be).
Hahaha Your a funny man if you think bags has good decision making also? Go back & watch a few tapes of him! Not only his decision making with the ball but also where he runs & what he does when he hasn't got the ball!! Decision making is every minute, every second of the game not just when you have the ball in your hands!! Also the next highlighted point was me too, & that was just a glimpse of his shocking hospital passes by hand & foot.... Needs more time back in the VFL to work on that under pressure!! But in all honesty unfortunately he is probably in the top 3 contenders to play that small back pocket role for us only due to our lack of depth in that 1 particular position.... Just my opinion :thumbsu:

Ps I hope you where really joking with those following comments of "Zaka deserved it" & "karma & all that" otherwise very poor form as an Essendon Supporter!!

Baguley has played 3 poor games - against Adelaide/Geelong/West Coast - But that's par for the course for any player - Jobe has also played 3 poor games - Sometimes we expect too much from players.

Baguley has played 3 poor games - against Adelaide/Geelong/West Coast - But that's par for the course for any player - Jobe has also played 3 poor games - Sometimes we expect too much from players.

He's played lockdown roles every week, and won most of them. With his disposal not being uuber terrible and I'd say he still deserves a spot

I reckon the turning point in this whole drugs saga was when Essendon became the most hated club in Australia.

Having stolen Collingwood's beloved title of over 120 years we will surely be in for a mighty clash this Sunday!

Hahaha Your a funny man if you think bags has good decision making also? Go back & watch a few tapes of him! Not only his decision making with the ball but also where he runs & what he does when he hasn't got the ball!! Decision making is every minute, every second of the game not just when you have the ball in your hands!! Also the next highlighted point was me too, & that was just a glimpse of his shocking hospital passes by hand & foot.... Needs more time back in the VFL to work on that under pressure!! But in all honesty unfortunately he is probably in the top 3 contenders to play that small back pocket role for us only due to our lack of depth in that 1 particular position.... Just my opinion :thumbsu:

Ps I hope you where really joking with those following comments of "Zaka deserved it" & "karma & all that" otherwise very poor form as an Essendon Supporter!!

Of course I wasn't serious about Zaka deserving a knee to the spine, just a passing comment on the fact that even good ball-users make errors in execution...

I never said Baguley's decision making was excellent; I said that Hardingham's is worse, in my opinion. Baguley knows his role and tries to play within his limitations - something he has over the other guys vying for that small lock-down spot.

As others have said, he's been very rarely beaten by his direct opponent this season - he's broken even or won outright as often as anyone else in the backline. I don't see why his place in the 22 would be under any serious threat.

So, we've beaten Collingwood once in the last 5 years and all of a sudden we're morals?

Any side with Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Sidebottom, Cloke, Ball, Shaw and Tim Broomhead shouldn't be taken lightly

No side has a monopoly on either intelligent or foolish supporters. You clearly are of the former, rather than latter, category.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back