Prediction Changes v Western Bulldogs, round 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't try this.

Mitch Morton says hi.
He's like Morton. Done SFA since.
He's been out with depression. Give the big bloke a break
Do not agree at all he's the best option.

Menzel FF Hawkins CHF is the best option. Could even add in Crameri to HFF as well.
Stanley with Abbott/Smith is the next best.
Danger FF the next best.
Buzza the next best.

The last two premiers have had a mid pinch hit in the ruck. Much ado about nothing there.
There it is, your real gripe. The defence. Don't agree with that premise, never have. The too tall crowd are simply wrong, always have been.

We lose to sides for reasons other than being too tall in defence.
Smith/Stanley is our best option when both are fit and well.
Abbott?? That is far fetched on current AFL form.

He's been out with depression. Give the big bloke a break
And playing like crap so Stanley should be able to beat him alone.
Not sure why the GF was relevant to that point.
Smith/Stanley is our best option when both are fit and well.
Abbott?? That is far fetched on current AFL form.
Really? He's been in our VFL best players in each of the last 6 games.
Smith has one game in the bests in 6 games.

Stark difference.

And playing like crap so Stanley should be able to beat him alone.
A.Not sure why the GF was relevant to that point.

B.Really? He's been in our VFL best players in each of the last 6 games.
Smith has one game in the bests in 6 games.

Stark difference.

A.Because he actually can play, has loads of ability, and is young.
B.Abbott has ZERO AFL form. Until he does, he is a dream of yours.
Smith is injured.

A.Because he actually can play, has loads of ability, and is young.
B.Abbott has ZERO AFL form. Until he does, he is a dream of yours.
Smith is injured.
Smith is not injured. He is named for this weekend.
On form Abbott is a better option to come in than Buzza.

Abbott in the ruck with Stanley at CHF is better than Buzza coming off little form.

Abbott in the ruck with Stanley at CHF is better than Buzza coming off little form.
Smith at his best , and we don't talk about Abbott again.
Smith has been out with a back injury past few weeks, in case you weren't aware.

Smith at his best , and we don't talk about Abbott again.
Jeez Dubs. Dismissive of a man that at least have form at the level below yet defend one of worst players on our list (Parsons) to the hilt.
You're having a weird year.

Smith has been out the last 2 weeks with a bad back and hampered the 2 weeks before it. Last month he’s been nowhere

Go Catters

good to see guthrie back. interesting there is no selwood.

please be late change parsons out and Menzel in.

on form? smith has been injured for weeks. what form does a player not playing have?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Buzza,I'd have gone with a CHF/2ND ruck for a number of reasons 1 team ballance 2 it supports Hawkins 3 it creates opportunities for the cumbers 4 it allows Blits to stay down back 5 it adds a little bit of hard edge up forward he's quite awkward and goes hard 6 gets another game into him and helps Stanley we have a tough run coming up.
To facilitate that I wouldn't have brought Guthrie back this week the selected side is loaded with backs and mids he's surplus to requirements this week I really think this was a job for the boys selection.

Because that's the way our MC operate. They like their taller defense and they'll keep players in the side based on past glories rather than what's best for the side.
With a clearly superior knowledge to an AFL coach and his entire team of assistants you should get yourself one of those high paying gigs. You admit that you watch very little football these days and can yet you can still outline a better gameplan than those paid to do it. You should definitely get a gig with an AFL team. You would be on 1 million a year easy!! Even if you think CS can't coach he has been competitive putting in like 70 hours a week. You have him covered watching one game. Imagine what that sort of genius is worth!! Get on that gravy train baby!! Or perhaps have some perspective about how much you know and how indisputable you criticisms of the coaching set up are. One or the other!
I don't pretend to know more than anyone else, It's merely my opinion that we lack hardness, effort and workrate. And I've clearly said before ... after Geelong games I rarely watch any football anymore. I don't enjoy the spectacle, the way it's officiated, the constant rule changes, the agenda of the commentators and the corrupt nature of the game which is clearly evident. I watched a little bit of last night and If Hawkins gets suspended for a little love tap to the throat then Franklin gets 3 weeks for a forceful blow to the throat of Rance. Of course the commentators brushed it under the table and said little of it so expect him to get off on the basis of trial by media.
Please to god bring him back in & show Parsons the door.....He does not warrant selection atm whatsoever!
Nor does Guthrie, nor does Taylor, nor does Murdoch, nor do a few others. Cockatoo brings something we desperately lack ... hardness and intent.
He’s as good an option we’ve got given Sav is out.. Blitz should be perm back
No he isn't. If he was they'd have played him forward in the VFL, not back.
I want him back but surely he needs a minimum of 3 games in the VFL?
Maybe but the next 3 games will decide our season.

it might be needed. if we lose tonight with our draw we wont play finals.
If we lose tonight it will be because of a fundamental failure across the board the likes of which we haven't seen since the Essendon game - if a first game back Menzel is required then we are in pretty deep trouble. If we left him out this long, Etihad is the worst stadium to reintroduce him in.

I want him back but surely he needs a minimum of 3 games in the VFL?

He needs to prove he can get through some games in the VFL before even being considered, too many times we have given him a shot and he has broken down early and left us a man down, cant have that in the coming weeks, too many tough opponents coming up, I want at least 4-5 consistent weeks in VFL and he has to play well to earn a spot.

If we lose tonight it will be because of a fundamental failure across the board the likes of which we haven't seen since the Essendon game - if a first game back Menzel is required then we are in pretty deep trouble. If we left him out this long, Etihad is the worst stadium to reintroduce him in.
the essendon game happened. it can happen again.

the essendon game happened. it can happen again.
And it probably will at some stage. We're just not that great. Menzel has had plenty of quiet games in the situations where the whole team is crumbling. I rate him highly, so want to bring him in the correct way. I would choose any stadium but this one to do so.

Staggered they’ve gone with parsons over jones. Parsons is soft, doesn’t get the ball enough and won’t tackle. Jones is hard, quick and tackles. Staggering
They average the same number of goals per game (1), Parsons with 3.7 more possessions per game and Jones 0.7 more tackles per game. So you are trading half a tackle for 4 possessions. Meanwhile Parsons with a disposal efficiency that is 10% higher, so he gets more of the ball and uses it better. The argument for Jones should be based more upon potential upside being a first year player, rather than current output.

P.S I think Parsons has been poor recently but it's not as if the 22-26th players available have been any better.

FWIW I would think Jones and Narkle are competing for the same type of spot/role, with Parsons a bit more of a link up player.

Last edited:
Smith has been out the last 2 weeks with a bad back and hampered the 2 weeks before it. Last month he’s been nowhere

Go Catters

good to see guthrie back. interesting there is no selwood.

please be late change parsons out and Menzel in.

on form? smith has been injured for weeks. what form does a player not playing have?
Beside the point gentlemen.
You’re smart enough to figure it out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back