Preview Changes vs Adelaide round 15

Remove this Banner Ad

He kicked a game winning goal against GC once but he played forward most of the game i think

Yeah that was his third ever game. He went the other way, kicked three goals as a forward then swung back late to stop the Suns kicking a winner.

I wonder what Govs career trajectory would have been if McKenzie and Brown didn't do their knees. Schofield too, to an extent.

Would he have remained as a third tall forward? Vague recollection is that once he got into the senior side there was no shaking him, he was solid as a forward.

Would he otherwise be in a position to put contact talks on hold to maximise a possible $1m per year contract?

Funny how things pan out.

If the coaching staff have the balls to do it i would play Nic Nat at Full Forward for the majority of the game and leave Lycett to take on Jacobs. We all of a sudden have presence and unpredictability in the forward line and the Crows defenders wont be able to just sag off and intercept mark. When they start getting too focused on Nic we start hitting up McInness and Ah Chee. Unfortunately we cant move Gov against Adelaide and need his intercept ability to combat their talls.

This for mine give us the best chance to win we will see if Simmo has the balls to do it

Go all out ambush. Play McGovern ff and Yeo chf for the first quarter. Play them behind the ball at the first sign of a momentum swing.
That's assuming we have momentum . Sorry, dislike your plan. But at least your thinking :). Seriously have no idea where the goals are going to come from. Just highlights how important Jack has been to our forward line , this and every year . eh DS ?

Personally, I would have given Matthew Allen a run on the weekend. If it came at McInnes' expense, so be it (thought McInnes wasn't as bad as others thought).

Rationale - Allen has shown a bit at WAFL level, is three years in and deserves a chance to showcase his talents in the final year of a contract - more so than a bloke in his 7th year.

Edit: also has a lovely shot at goal.

too much scoreboard pressure for these guys. They need a safe space to kick goals.
It’s true. The team is a bunch of dead eyes when we come up against a basket case side.

Spray them all over the place as soon as we desperately need a goal and the pressure is on.

So frustrating!

If Fmac can have a Jono Gilesesque game against the Crows we will be a good chance to win.

C'mon boys we can do this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I would have given Matthew Allen a run on the weekend. If it came at McInnes' expense, so be it (thought McInnes wasn't as bad as others thought).

Rationale - Allen has shown a bit at WAFL level, is three years in and deserves a chance to showcase his talents in the final year of a contract - more so than a bloke in his 7th year.

Edit: also has a lovely shot at goal.

He s a deadeye dick generally can kick them from any angle ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder what Govs career trajectory would have been if McKenzie and Brown didn't do their knees. Schofield too, to an extent.

Would he have remained as a third tall forward? Vague recollection is that once he got into the senior side there was no shaking him, he was solid as a forward.

Would he otherwise be in a position to put contact talks on hold to maximise a possible $1m per year contract?

Funny how things pan out.

Hmm he wasn't setting the world on fire. And he still hasn't showed that he can play well as a forward/ruck.

You could argue that it was injuries and Simpson's game plan in '15 that showed Gov's worth.

No wonder he loves Simmo.

IMO, he's about as quick as Sheed.

Nah, he's much quicker. He managed to break the lines a couple of times on the weekend, something which Sheed isn't capable of. Whether or not he uses his pace as effectively as he could however, is another question.

Looking at McInnes's WAFL stats you wonder why they have chosen him. His last 3 year averages in WAFL league
2018 - 1.25 goals a game, 5 marks a game
2017 - 0.7, 4.7
2016 - 0.5, 5.4

He's played 107 league games so has experience at that level. I do understand he has played ruck for a large portion but still.

Allen on the other hand has only played 22 league games so fairly inexperienced
2018 - 1.3, 5.9
2017 - 3.0, 8
2016 - 1.0, 4.1

Brander for comparison
2018 - 1.2, 6.3

Looking at McInnes's WAFL stats you wonder why they have chosen him. His last 3 year averages in WAFL league
2018 - 1.25 goals a game, 5 marks a game
2017 - 0.7, 4.7
2016 - 0.5, 5.4

He's played 107 league games so has experience at that level. I do understand he has played ruck for a large portion but still.

Allen on the other hand has only played 22 league games so fairly inexperienced
2018 - 1.3, 5.9
2017 - 3.0, 8
2016 - 1.0, 4.1

Brander for comparison
2018 - 1.2, 6.3

Sometimes you wonder what they see and we can't. McInnes is well below Brander and Mallen IMO

Sometimes you wonder what they see and we can't. McInnes is well below Brander and Mallen IMO

Agree and Brander is a very decent CHB and he could have released Gov to go forward .
I would have preferred Mallen to have been given a jig rather than McInnes.
But I will be hoping like hell that Fras has a breakout game otherwise I can’t see us winning this one.
Someone has to have a blinder and or a breakout game if we are any chance of scoring a challenging score.

I really needed a bench rookie in DT and Ainsworth was far and away the best option with 70+ from his only game played this year.
So far this year my picking of Eagles players has lead to 4 injuries, Darling, Shoo, Veners and Ryan and 2 form drops.
So,
I have opted NOT to draft him in the hope that I will really regret it as he goes on to score 100+ DT points and continues in fine form getting game time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back