Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Really just a provisional squad at this stage.

Hurn/Hutchings will still have 1 more training session to get through and it'll depend on how they pull up from that.

me three!
He has some tricks, but cant see it happening unless Oscar is sore. Also with watermelon in the side, we're probably a bit tall, especially on a smaller ground, where his distance running is not as handy as someone with pace.
If Hutch comes in for Cameron, we're gonna be a bit slow. Which isnt really a problem when we have the ball, but if you can't chase/get to position you cant put pressure on.
Also I thought Chee was good in that one game, rather him and bunga come in, Frankie stays and Nelson tags.

Is Bailey Williams an actual chance to play?

Would be curious to see what he could do at AFL level

I highly.doubt Hutch Watson and Nelson are all in. Why would we go 8 defenders plus a tagger against ******* Carlton?
Jesus wept has Ross Lyon taken over selection?

Is Bailey Williams an actual chance to play?

Would be curious to see what he could do at AFL level

I think the coaches are pretty curious too. They’d know a fair bit about how he goes in training against AFL rucks in Hickey and Vards, and have seen him go pretty well in the WAFL.

But they’d want a contingency plan if Hickey went down. If NN doesn’t get up from his ankle, do they bring in an out of form (but finals experienced) Vardy? Or a bloke with the WAFL form in Williams. I wouldn’t mind seeing him get a game in the next 4 just so his first isn’t a PF or GF in the event Hickey (or OA) got an untimely injury....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are 4 games from finals, why even bother with Williams, roll with what’s worked all season.

The kid is something very special. It's a matter of when not if he gets his debut.

I’d suspect it would be Hurn for Watson.

I’d actually like to see Hutch given a week through the WAFL & send Yeo to Cripps as a head to head matchup. Cripps is super in the contest but I think Yeo has the competitiveness to go with him, plus the athletic ability to hurt him going the other way. But given what Cripps was able to do without a tag last week (seriously bizarre from Don, but suspect they didn’t have anyone who could go with him) probably means he comes in. Maybe for Waterman or Cameron.

Bailey Williams has impressed me in the glimpses I’ve seen of him. I’d love to see him come in, but it’s hard to see us mixing up a settled group unless we know someone is sore.

if in few weeks time with all of our boys fit ad ready to go we still have Masten somehow in first 22, I am deadest convinced he has the entire MC and Simmo himself blackmailed.The bar for Masten from now on to just maintain his spot: minimum 35 touches, 30 kicks required, zero turn overs, 5 tackles( that is probably his career total), kicking efficiency has to be 120% minimum, getting caught holding the ball negative 7.

if in few weeks time with all of our boys fit ad ready to go we still have Masten somehow in first 22, I am deadest convinced he has the entire MC and Simmo himself blackmailed.The bar for Masten from now on to just maintain his spot: minimum 35 touches, 30 kicks required, zero turn overs, 5 tackles( that is probably his career total), kicking efficiency has to be 120% minimum, getting caught holding the ball negative 7.
This comment is sooooo 4 rounds ago.

Last edited:
Are there seriously people who have an issue with Carlton fans being up and about? They went 3-30 in the stretch of games leading into this, and are 5-2 since the coaching change. If they want to throw a parade, who could blame them?

Media might be getting carried away, but what’s new there, just substitute the VFL flavour of the month and that’s a talking point year round. If the supporters want to be happy with the first clear indication of turning a corner in years, well credit to them for sticking it out and all power to them.

I'd be feeling much more magnanimous towards Carlton supporters if we weren't playing them this week.

We'll win, but I think they'll run us.

Afterwards, more power to Teague and co. Especially in a week against the Tigers. Let that be the fairytale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back