Preview Changes vs Hawks (Rnd 5) In: Petty, Hibberd, MBrown Out: Fritsch(inj), Jetta(Omit), May(inj), Sparrow(Omit)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rumours that Gunston might get up for this week, which might stretch our defence a little if true, but you'd think it's unlikely. Think I'd still be confident in our defence regardless.
Not a snowball’s chance in hell. Still weeks away, has had no preseason.

With Lewis out suspended it will be Koschitzke and O’Brien as our talls, with young Emerson Jeka a smoky to debut after he kicked 11 goals in his past two VFL matches. Even with may out, our forward line shouldn’t present you with too many problems. Will more likely be Moore, Wingard or Brockman who hit the scoreboard.

Ned Reeves a young 211cm ruckman also being talked up as a possible debutant.

Not a snowball’s chance in hell. Still weeks away, has had no preseason.

With Lewis out suspended it will be Koschitzke and O’Brien as our talls, with young Emerson Jeka a smoky to debut after he kicked 11 goals in his past two VFL matches. Even with may out, our forward line shouldn’t present you with too many problems. Will more likely be Moore, Wingard or Brockman who hit the scoreboard.

Ned Reeves a young 211cm ruckman also being talked up as a possible debutant.
He will be back next week

I'd imagine the selection table:

In Brown
Ben?
No Mitch.

It's the no Browns' team, we're only allowed to have one.
BBB has only played a half, it’s not an issue that he’s not playing

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Worry about shaking up the backline that much but keen to see if Petty can have a better game down back than seen before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not unhappy with the changes but why 3 ins and 4 outs?
Injury sub. Sparrow was the sub last week so was listed as playing the game. Now back to the emergencies.

I’m sure Demon bhoy will be wrapt that Mitch Brown has been called up.

I reckon Melksham with more Petracca forward would have sufficed in Fritsch’s absence. Slick Brown just doesn’t have the same ring to it either.

Cmon mate it’s Slick Mitch

Thought it would have been a good week to give one of Chandler, Bowey or Laurie a game.
Could've played Bowey if we brough Hibbo in as a tall and dropped Jetta. I think we're past the stage of giving games to kids for the sake of it. Let them build up to the level in the twos. Hopefully their elite ball use can be helpful come the end of the year.

Could've played Bowey if we brough Hibbo in as a tall and dropped Jetta. I think we're past the stage of giving games to kids for the sake of it. Let them build up to the level in the twos. Hopefully their elite ball use can be helpful come the end of the year.

Not sure we need to be playing Mitch Brown tomorrow (given Weid and Ben Brown are a week away) . I would have given one of the kids a taste of it.

Not sure we need to be playing Mitch Brown tomorrow (given Weid and Ben Brown are a week away) . I would have given one of the kids a taste of it.
Probably throws the team balence off. Hawks are no easy beats, taken it to every side they've played.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I actually like Mitch coming in. Tries his a$$ off and usually good for a cpl of goals. Lead up forward like Fritsch. The ins are like for like. Jetta out with Hibberd in improves us. Petty has earned his callup supposedly.

We should be winning comfortably but again, our demons of being comfortable favourites and losing usually rear up and bite us on the a$$. Let's see if this really is a different group..

I reckon we will win very comfortably, 6 goals +
May I remind you that Hawthorn have a player by the name of Sam Frost. Apparently he goes alright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back