Channel 10, Paramount Plus TV Rights Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think streaming services are the be all these big media and entertainment corporations thought it was gonna be like it was 5, 10 years ago even for sports especially with the current costs of living it all adds up. Piracy I reckon would be higher than ever atm. In hindsight APL and the A-Leagues would have been better off staying with Foxtel even with a reduced pay deal. Paramount imo has been a disaster and the deal signed was even more of a disaster now that three years in the slush funds have been reduced by not meeting KPI targets which will effect the financial positions of a lot of the clubs and the viability of the league.

Paramount offered fta access which wasn't with Fox or optus. Sure they may have freebies but that's probably not worth it in the long run regarding access to most people. 10 bold has the ability to enable more viewers then freebies

Paramount offered fta access which wasn't with Fox or optus. Sure they may have freebies but that's probably not worth it in the long run regarding access to most people. 10 bold has the ability to enable more viewers then freebies

Did Optus include FTA access? They have in the past before with the first PL rights deal (SBS).

Did Optus include FTA access? They have in the past before with the first PL rights deal (SBS).
Imo the aleague needs a tier 1 (9 or 7 ideally, and also 10) main channel to broadcast 1, if not 2 games live a week with the associated marketing around it.

Free access and/or secondary channel is not enough for any sport

I'm not sure any of these small presence on fta really work. A game a week isn't going to grow the game.

Foxtel was great when stacked up with the EPL. So coverage plus all the other football shows just made sense with blended local and international content.

Optus would be the best option, but no idea if theyre keen to add the A !eague.

I'm not sure any of these small presence on fta really work. A game a week isn't going to grow the game.

Foxtel was great when stacked up with the EPL. So coverage plus all the other football shows just made sense with blended local and international content.

Optus would be the best option, but no idea if theyre keen to add the A !eague.

They are keen,, tried to get A League on last rights bid. It makes sense to bundle with EPL..

Is that average or total tv?

Total by the look of it excluding Paramount viewers. I'd say there would be quite a few Paramount viewers, the stream was better than the 10 telecast.

Also looks to be a record TV viewership for any A League Grand Final.

Paramount are going to have to cough up the big $$$$.

Well it appears the total viewership of the GF was 1.12m viewers.

#2 of all telecasts including NRL / AFL for 16 to 39 year olds - that's a very telling stat that is an advertiser's wet dream.

APL should be saying to Paramount cough up or we do a deal with Optus Sports. With the huge success of the finals series anyone at the APL who is a half decent negotiator should get results.

Well it appears the total viewership of the GF was 1.12m viewers.

#2 of all telecasts including NRL / AFL for 16 to 39 year olds - that's a very telling stat that is an advertiser's wet dream.

APL should be saying to Paramount cough up or we do a deal with Optus Sports. With the huge success of the finals series anyone at the APL who is a half decent negotiator should get results.

I started writing here about Optus and then realised we still have two years left with P+...

We can't really start talks with anyone else until late on, otherwise we'll end up being treated the way Foxsports did to us in their final season, soul destroying they were.

If we keep growing 50-100% on P+ for the next two seasons... going to be really interesting, do we stay or go? Finally getting our fans on that platform, only to move broadcaster again? I don't envy the decision makers.

I started writing here about Optus and then realised we still have two years left with P+...

We can't really start talks with anyone else until late on, otherwise we'll end up being treated the way Foxsports did to us in their final season, soul destroying they were.

If we keep growing 50-100% on P+ for the next two seasons... going to be really interesting, do we stay or go? Finally getting our fans on that platform, only to move broadcaster again? I don't envy the decision makers.

A-League has gotta be bundled with EPL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back