Player Watch Charlie Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam McClure's strike rate isn't great, so I take it with a grain of salt, but hell it would be a great pickup if we can land him.

I'd trade Lobbe for him.
What's his facebook presence like? Interesting Charlie Dixon would have some big shoes to step into.

lol so would every port fan, I hope this post wasn't actually "that seems reasonable." and more "lol that would be highway robbery, of course i'd do it."

dixon is a better player, but is always injured. Lobbe had an awsome year last year, but rubbish one this year.

Ask yourself, would you think it was a fair trade at this time last year?

2dc5w0k.jpg
like this
suits him as well
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

dixon is a better player, but is always injured. Lobbe had an awsome year last year, but rubbish one this year.

Ask yourself, would you think it was a fair trade at this time last year?

No.

With regards to all this talk of salary cap space, isn't there a bunch of players we can pay outside the cap as of next year? tribey, weren't you talking about this a while back? Isn't this what Hawthorn are going with a few of their senior players?

2016 - Carlile

2017 - Boak, Westhoff, Gray

2018 - Lobbe

$120k-odd each of their salaries can be paid outside the cap.

Freo, Hawthorn and Geelong have between 6 and 7 each atm. Madness.

I meant the populist sentiment that we're edging on capjaculation m8

Oh dear. My apologies.

The sentimental culprit is probably Rucci.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where has this rumour come from?

We're shedding Kane's wage, Butcher's wage, Carlile moves onto the veterans list and Boak/Gray/Westhoff move onto the veterans list in 2017 giving us wiggle room with front and backending of future deals there.

Monfries is also coming into the last year of his four-year deal, and shy of a big renaissance he'll either be gone or negotiating a cheaper deal to stay on - again giving us more front/backend wiggle room in general.

I'm sure we can figure something out. There are several teams that are far more star-studded than ours and make it work.

We may see the loss of 6-7 players this season.

Schulz (bittersweet, but I imagine it would largely hinge on whether he stays or goes. I'm fine with a scenario where he stays.)

Cornes, Butcher, Mitchell.

Shaw - unsigned.

Followed by the trade of a few players that ideally we'd keep but would have to cut loose. Moore, O'Shea, Redden?

Get some cheap, young ballwinners in the draft.

I'm sure we can figure something out. There are several teams that are far more star-studded than ours and make it work.

We may see the loss of 6-7 players this season.

Schulz (bittersweet, but I imagine it would largely hinge on whether he stays or goes. I'm fine with a scenario where he stays.)

Cornes, Butcher, Mitchell.

Shaw - unsigned.

Followed by the trade of a few players that ideally we'd keep but would have to cut loose. Moore, O'Shea, Redden?

Get some cheap, young ballwinners in the draft.

If CD knows how to use Excel we should be sweet

why am i the only one not too excited by this. Great if we can get him cheap, but i think we have far greater needs than a tall forward that is always injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back