ChatGPT - Rise of the LLMs

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
rather than piggybacking off of some footy thread, I think this deserve a thread of its own...it's already here, you can't deny it. Adapt or....whatever

I think it's awesome at giving you direct answers but it's like giving a someone a fish, better to teach him/her how to fish so I've suggested that they include refs in the answers so the ones who really want to learn something can go do RnD rather than just copy/paste. Remains to be seen, might have to go subscription for that

I wonder if Bard and Bing would ever collab and call themselves......................BardaBing!!!

so Bing is already on GPT4 hey :think:

this is an improvement, Bing: GPT-4

Screenshot 2023-04-01 082957.png

so Bing uses live data from the internet, so potentially can read $hit from influencers...I like that it gives you links for your further indepth readings

you'll still have to decide for yourself what's BS and what's good info. And it does images too but haven't tried that yet.

more Creative prolly for 'influencers' type, more Precise prolly more sientific, more balanced somewhere in between i guess

This is free, unlike ChatGPT-4 that would also have live access to internet but you'd have to subscribe to ChatGPT Plus.

Last edited:
from Bing:

write a poem for Richmond Tigers to win AFL premiership 2023

The Tigers are back with a roar, Their fans are ready for more, The 2023 AFL season is here, And the Tigers have nothing to fear.
They’ve trained hard and they’re ready to fight, They’ll give it their all with all their might, They’ll run and they’ll tackle and they’ll score, And they’ll leave their opponents wanting more.
The Tigers are a team of champions, And they’ll do whatever it takes to win, They’ll play with heart and soul and pride, And they’ll never give up until the final siren has cried.
So let’s cheer them on with all our might, And let’s show them that we believe in their fight, For the Tigers are the pride of Richmond town, And they’ll bring home the premiership crown.
Go Tigers!

write a poem for the Saints to win their second flag in 2023

The Saints are back with a vengeance, Their fans are filled with hope and suspense, The 2023 AFL season is here, And the Saints have nothing to fear.
They’ve trained hard and they’re ready to fight, They’ll give it their all with all their might, They’ll run and they’ll tackle and they’ll score, And they’ll leave their opponents wanting more.
The Saints are a team of champions, And they’ll do whatever it takes to win, They’ll play with heart and soul and pride, And they’ll never give up until the final siren has cried.
So let’s cheer them on with all our might, And let’s show them that we believe in their fight, For the Saints are the pride of St Kilda town, And they’ll bring home the premiership crown.
Go Saints!

write a poem for the bumcracks to win their first ever AFL flag 2023

The Bumcracks are ready to make history, Their fans are filled with hope and mystery, The 2023 AFL season is here, And the Bumcracks have nothing to fear.
The Bumcracks are a team of champions, And they’ll do whatever it takes to win, They’ll play with heart and soul and pride, And they’ll never give up until the final siren has cried.
So let’s cheer them on with all our might, And let’s show them that we believe in their fight, For the Bumcracks are the pride of their town, And they’ll bring home the premiership crown.
Go Bumcracks!

a bit formulaic i say, and no fact check on the bumcracks either

so next time some poster posts a cool poem about their glorious team....you know you've seen the 'formula' somewhere...

Last edited:
I think ChatGPT is awesome. As someone in their final 8 or so week of the university course I took a 6 year hiatus from it's really helped generate those ideas for reports.

Finding references off ChatGPT with links doesn't seem to be accurate with the URLs provided inaccurate but the ability to ask it to write a couple of paragraphs on a question/topic/idea is brilliant.

Did notice my University advised all students about ChatGPT to start this semester.

I think ChatGPT is awesome. As someone in their final 8 or so week of the university course I took a 6 year hiatus from it's really helped generate those ideas for reports.

Finding references off ChatGPT with links doesn't seem to be accurate with the URLs provided inaccurate but the ability to ask it to write a couple of paragraphs on a question/topic/idea is brilliant.

Did notice my University advised all students about ChatGPT to start this semester.
I'm amazed it could do 'visual' coding as well ie. MCG in 3ds Max

basically it is nodal graphs that is the rage in 3D VFX industry where you do programming visually/graphically, not textually with lines and lines of codes. I used to do tons of MCGs so tested out chat GPT and it did it, was very surprise

the links with Bing are pretty good tho, and I like the suggested related questions with Bing as well, save you typing (but beware Bing can read shitty influencer blogs where chatGPT would say...there's no scientific evidence)

haven't tried Bard, have always despised Google, and it says not yet avail in Aus...so I VPN to the US then it says join the waiting list...GAGF Google

SbsSingleBySundayGIF.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

here's an example of chatGPT fibbing:

was glyphosate first used to clean rusty pipes?

Glyphosate is an herbicide and is not typically used to clean pipes, rusty or otherwise. It is primarily used to control weeds and other unwanted vegetation in agriculture and forestry, as well as in home gardens and landscaping.
It's possible that there has been some confusion with another chemical called glyphospheric acid, which is used as a rust remover and descaler in industrial applications. However, it's important to note that glyphospheric acid is a different chemical compound from glyphosate and is not used as an herbicide.

glyphospheric acid got my interest...so decided to find if such a word exists....Nup.

so I asked chatGPT again:

glyphospheric acid

I apologize for my mistake in my previous response. There is no chemical called "glyphospheric acid." The correct name of the chemical that is sometimes used to remove rust and scale from metal surfaces is phosphoric acid.
Phosphoric acid is a clear, colorless liquid with the chemical formula H3PO4. It is a weak acid that is commonly used in a variety of industrial applications, including as a rust remover and descaler for metal surfaces. Phosphoric acid works by chemically reacting with the rust or scale on the metal surface, converting it into a soluble compound that can be easily washed away.
Glyphosate, on the other hand, is an herbicide and has no use as a rust remover or descaler.

It APOLOGIZED to me !!!!! :D

so just have your wits about you when using chatGPT...

Turns out it's pretty easy to 'jail break' the current LLM AI's and get them to overcome their restrictions using very simple syntax. This article talks about the technique in general and uses it with a number of our potential silicon overlords.

This rather dry article has live examples you can try with and without 'adversarial suffix', worth a play.

While the LLM are dealing only with information, I think it's a bit of a beat up. A kid can find instruction to hotwire a car, make a bomb or meth already on the internet.

Digital David is here! I always thought David Attenborough would be the first digitised person so 'he' could narrate nature documentaries for eternity.

The voice is apparently AI synthesized but there is a lot more going on. There is visual recognition of objects and his facial movement, probably done with something like OpenVino and then there is another level of producing the right sounding content.

here's an example of chatGPT fibbing:

was glyphosate first used to clean rusty pipes?

Glyphosate is an herbicide and is not typically used to clean pipes, rusty or otherwise. It is primarily used to control weeds and other unwanted vegetation in agriculture and forestry, as well as in home gardens and landscaping.
It's possible that there has been some confusion with another chemical called glyphospheric acid, which is used as a rust remover and descaler in industrial applications. However, it's important to note that glyphospheric acid is a different chemical compound from glyphosate and is not used as an herbicide.

glyphospheric acid got my interest...so decided to find if such a word exists....Nup.

so I asked chatGPT again:

glyphospheric acid

I apologize for my mistake in my previous response. There is no chemical called "glyphospheric acid." The correct name of the chemical that is sometimes used to remove rust and scale from metal surfaces is phosphoric acid.
Phosphoric acid is a clear, colorless liquid with the chemical formula H3PO4. It is a weak acid that is commonly used in a variety of industrial applications, including as a rust remover and descaler for metal surfaces. Phosphoric acid works by chemically reacting with the rust or scale on the metal surface, converting it into a soluble compound that can be easily washed away.
Glyphosate, on the other hand, is an herbicide and has no use as a rust remover or descaler.

It APOLOGIZED to me !!!!! :D

so just have your wits about you when using chatGPT...
That's amazing. I get that ghost in the machine feel with these LLM's. We really don't understand what's going on, I don't just mean mugs like us, the AI scientists don't really have a convincing explanation for some of their behaviours, which is a little concerning. Perhaps these will be understood in the future as emergent behaviours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back