Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha even this decade we've had worse sides, both performance-wise and on-paper.
I appreciate that this current side may not be the most statistically worse side, just that I find it very vanilla and uninspiring at the moment. Perhaps it it could be a case that we need a really good centre forward that scores for fun, I don’t know.

Ampadu should be in the conversation, he has got great passing for a CB and has performed every time hes been given a shot.

A lot of people in the know rate him very highly.

He's been injured intermittently though and there's probably doubt over whether an 18-year old is ready to play full-time.

He should either be eased in, or loaned out next year.

As a Chelsea fan for about 30 years, I find this group (with the obvious exception of Hazard who is one of the best to have pulled on a Blues shirt that I’ve seen) to be rather uninspiring.

There are a lot of gaps requiring filling if were to seriously compete. Who’d have thought that a few years ago.

I think City and their unlimited spending has taken it to the next level, not sure we'll be able to keep up.

I appreciate that this current side may not be the most statistically worse side, just that I find it very vanilla and uninspiring at the moment. Perhaps it it could be a case that we need a really good centre forward that scores for fun, I don’t know.

I get what you saying, this current team really does lack a fair bit of mongrel. We don't have that really hated element atm and I think outside of Gero not many have a real anger towards us anymore. We play nice football and generally are a well behave side.

A lot of people in the know rate him very highly.

He's been injured intermittently though and there's probably doubt over whether an 18-year old is ready to play full-time.

He should either be eased in, or loaned out next year.

Watching what Klopp has done with TAA and Gomez I wish Sarri would do the same with Ampadu and Hudson-Odoi, they easily have the same talent as those two and just need a bit of faith. I do worry as Sarri did have a habit of not playing youf and not rotating much at Napoli.

I get what you saying, this current team really does lack a fair bit of mongrel. We don't have that really hated element atm and I think outside of Gero not many have a real anger towards us anymore. We play nice football and generally are a well behave side.

Tottenham fan though.

It’s a pity Fabregas can’t run anymore because he is still a sublime passer of the football. One of the best in the world. MOTM for me.

Hudson-Odoi, RLC, Giroud and Emerson were all good. CHO’s no back-lift goal was great.

I’d like to see the aforementioned start soon. CHO to replace Willian, RLC to replace Kante (he sucks playing advanced), Giroud to replace Morata and Emerson to replace Alonso.

Sarri also stated Kante won’t be shifted back to DM. If that’s the case, sell him. Makes me sick seeing him wasted in that role. I’ve noticed the media are starting to turn on Sarri as the Kante conundrum becomes more apparent.

Watching what Klopp has done with TAA and Gomez I wish Sarri would do the same with Ampadu and Hudson-Odoi, they easily have the same talent as those two and just need a bit of faith. I do worry as Sarri did have a habit of not playing youf and not rotating much at Napoli.

He didn't rotate much at Napoli because he was competing for a title with a powerful Juventus size and so lacked the depth to rotate properly. He has rotated somewhat here, although maybe not as much as he could have.

RE this game just gone, uninspired win. Kante is Kante: terrific ball-winner, limited technically. Pedro should be first XI given his movement/finishing. Horses-for-courses with Giroud/Morata - bench Morata in big games or against deep lying defences (or strong defenders) so he can come on and hopefully score as a super-sub ala Madrid/Juventus against tired legs. Problem is that we're not giving Giroud enough crosses and he's too slow to get on the end of balls. I do feel for Sarri with regards to handling them. RLC might have brought himself into contention given how Kovacic flatters to deceive - fine technique/dribbling but little end product.

He didn't rotate much at Napoli because he was competing for a title with a powerful Juventus size and so lacked the depth to rotate properly. He has rotated somewhat here, although maybe not as much as he could have.

RE this game just gone, uninspired win. Kante is Kante: terrific ball-winner, limited technically. Pedro should be first XI given his movement/finishing. Horses-for-courses with Giroud/Morata - bench Morata in big games or against deep lying defences (or strong defenders) so he can come on and hopefully score as a super-sub ala Madrid/Juventus against tired legs. Problem is that we're not giving Giroud enough crosses and he's too slow to get on the end of balls. I do feel for Sarri with regards to handling them. RLC might have brought himself into contention given how Kovacic flatters to deceive - fine technique/dribbling but little end product.
I hope we dont buy Kovacic. RLC, Barkley and next season Mount, we are loaded for that 3rd CM spot.

If Fab goes we'll need a back up regista though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another uninspiring and insipid performance.

The club is in no mans land at the moment with little chance against the top sides and up until today, typical flat track bullies against perennial battlers and UEFA sides.

The whole first XI needs an overhaul. Jorginho I rate, but he cannot protect our defence. Sides just bypass Kante and press the s**t out of Jorginho. In big games, Jorgi shouldn’t play. Kante should be the DM with Kovacic and Loftus-Cheek on either side. I’m so sick of this sole deep lying playmaker system. It might work in Italy when you have time on the ball, but it doesn’t work in England.

Morata and Willian are just utter trash. They both have world class reputations but they would not look out of place playing for sides like Newcastle and Watford. It also seems Hazard has switched off. He looks like he has lost his hunger again after a brilliant start. Mentally piss weak and won’t last two seasons at Real Madrid. I have no idea why Pedro and Giroud aren’t starting either, or better yet, Hudson-Odoi.

Our defence is our biggest concern. Azpilicueta has looked slow all season and the problem with him is that he can’t play in Sarri’s system. He’s poor going forward and doesn’t take on the opposition full back. His linking up with Kante is non-existent. Alonso is a fraud. His goals have been masking his ineptness for years, and now that they’ve dried up, people can see how average he really is. Emerson looks legit from small glimpses. I cannot believe he can’t get a sniff ahead of Alonso. What makes it even worse, Alonso just signed a new contract so he’s obviously rated internally. Luiz is still prone to brain fades. He will never learn. Rudiger and Kepa are both fine.

The sooner we can f*** off guys like Morata, Willian, Luiz and Alonso, the better we will be.

We have so many issues.....

No DOF.....wtf
Willian still gets games over CHO
Alonso gets games over Emerson
Christensen has zero confidence in his passing ability and am not sure hes an improvement on Luiz
Morata is crap, Giroud isnt good enough to be number 1. Desperately need to do something CF wise
Hazard has gone to crap since he started the season on fire. Hasnt scored for 10 weeks? Has his head been turned?
The CM is a bit of a mess at the moment, how do we cope when someone sits on the regista, is Kante being fully utilized or is Kovacic a better option. RLC should have his spot for a while now and if he doesnt I'll melt.

I've been saying for a while that Alonso is the new ivanovic. Scores enough to get on the highlights semi-regularly, which is all many can form their opinion on, when the reality is he is often a defensive liability.

We have so many issues.....

No DOF.....wtf
Willian still gets games over CHO
Alonso gets games over Emerson
Christensen has zero confidence in his passing ability and am not sure hes an improvement on Luiz
Morata is crap, Giroud isnt good enough to be number 1. Desperately need to do something CF wise
Hazard has gone to crap since he started the season on fire. Hasnt scored for 10 weeks? Has his head been turned?
The CM is a bit of a mess at the moment, how do we cope when someone sits on the regista, is Kante being fully utilized or is Kovacic a better option. RLC should have his spot for a while now and if he doesnt I'll melt.
Mate, I couldn’t agree more. Willian getting games over Pedro is bad enough. Pedro is sitting on five goals this season. Scoring one every 131 minutes. That’s a better rate than Salah, Hazard, Mane, Mahrez, Kane, Vardy, Silva, Lacazette, Richarlison and Mitrovic.

Our CM is the one area where we have the personnel. Genuinely reckon we are world class in that area and only behind City in England, but we can’t sort it out because Sarri is so hell bent on playing a deep lying playmaker. So frustrating.

Christensen has been bereft of confidence ever since Barcelona humiliated him. I wouldn’t be against loaning him otherwise his development will stagnate if it hasn’t already. That leaves us with Rudiger and Luiz for a whole season, with Cahill and Ampadu as backups. Yikes.

Spot on regarding Giroud. IMO he’s the perfect backup/super sub, but you know you’re in strife when he’s leading your line. Will be hard finding a decent replacement in January, so what do we do? Persist with Giroud/Morata? Recall Bats or Abraham? F*** knows.

The problem is, managers have an expiry date when they come to Chelsea, so they play the safe options every time. Everything we do is so short-sighted. I wish the club would just invest heavily into our talented kids. We might have to sacrifice a couple of seasons without CL but we would be so much better off it in the long run. The kids genuinely bleed for the club as well. People like Hazard, Morata and Willian couldn’t give a s**t.

It might just be time to recall Tammy. He's tearing up the Championship and is probably the right time for him to get a run when he can.
Could he be any worse than Morata?

RLC should have his spot for a while now and if he doesnt I'll melt.
I kind of want see this, you'd be the last poster to melt on this board and it would make for interesting reading.

Could he be any worse than Morata?
He'd be an upgrade. Unfortunately, our youth academy will go to waste if the kids don't get used. A real shame given we gave one of the best in the world.

Agree. Tammy is better off staying at Villa until next season. I'd rather recall Batman and give him a crack to see if hes any good. If we can do that with Morata surely Michy deserve a shot too.

If not any good sell him, Morata and let Giroud walk and buy someone else to partner Tammy next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back