Choco Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Multi-year contracts for coaches are pretty much meaningless these days other than to signify something along the lines of intent. All new coaching contracts must have a six-month maximum payout clause for early termination.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Similar as 7 year contracts at a $ Million a year for a good average player

Wasn't that nearly 17 years ago?
Port had a very good team back in those days, but year after year bombed out in embarrassing style in the finals. Finally they got there and won that flag, but that had a lot to do with Brisbane's great team eventually running out of puff (they dropped to 11th in 2005), and to me Port won a Premiership in spite of Mark Williams, certainly not because of him! Three years later came the debacle that was the Grand Final against Geelong. Perhaps that was the beginning of the end for him at Port, but I knew quite a few of their fans who did not like him and were very pleased to see the back of him. He was a wonderful footballer, someone who always played flat out, and I'll always admire him for that, but he seems to wear out his welcome pretty quickly wherever he goes these days!

Initially, I thought this was a joke, but we've had pages in 3 days on Mark Williams as coach - most of them serious? Board's gone mad.
Yes, I thought it was a joke as well, and that we were being "trolled" again. Sadly, there really are people here who think it would be a good idea!!

Yes, I thought it was a joke as well, and that we were being "trolled" again. Sadly, there really are people here who think it would be a good idea!!
Agree, happy to have him at the club in some capacity, I think he would light a fire under our players asses, but, I wouldn't be thinking of him as no.1 banana.

Initially, I thought this was a joke, but we've had pages in 3 days on Mark Williams as coach - most of them serious? Board's gone mad.
I think the idea of him in a head coaching capacity is pretty mad. But with what he's done at Richmond and Melbourne in an assistant role I wouldn't be opposed to him being on the staff. Just needs to be below someone in the hierarchy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the idea of him in a head coaching capacity is pretty mad. But with what he's done at Richmond and Melbourne in an assistant role I wouldn't be opposed to him being on the staff. Just needs to be below someone in the hierarchy

I think it is important to keep in mind his last two senior coaching roles were in the VFL and C Grade ammos.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back