Past Chris Judd

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd paying the price
"When I was a really young bloke, I made the connection that the harder I worked, the better I got," Judd told SEN Radio on Friday night.

"I just smashed myself in how I trained and the amount of extra [work] I did; looking back I was a bit ridiculous and certainly I've paid the cost in the second half of my career.

"If I had my time over I still wouldn't do it too much differently. I'd prefer to just burn out than fade away and not have a good crack at it."
Judd paying the price

Last edited:

does anyone else think that this time on the sidelines will prolong Judds career?
after reading the comment in the article on his return in the VFL he stated that he was just glad to be out kicking the footy again, now that doesn't sound like a man who is ready to give up footy yet. Maybe this time on the sidelines has made him realise that he still wants to play.

it just seems there is a lot of talk of Juddy hanging up the boots at seasons end I just don't think he thinks he's ready for that.

Hodge, Ball, Judd: Where do they rank now?
Black places Judd first, Hodge second and Ball three in keeping with conventional wisdom. But he voices an opinion most football fans share.

Black said what made Judd amazing was his explosive power. "He had this ability to break through a tackle, through traffic and through pressure, which saw him able to go from the inside to outside. It was as good as I have seen."

"Juddy was, early on in my career, one of the guys I was most excited to get on the field with and see what he was like," Pendlebury told AFL.com.au. "I remember touching him at one stage and it felt like he was carved out of stone."

In 2010, Judd won his second Brownlow and by the end of last season only two people in the game's history, Gary Dempsey and Robert Harvey, had polled more than the 202 Brownlow votes he has earned in his career

No player has had more contested possessions, more clearances or generated more inside 50s than Judd since 2002.

Judd is a dual Brownlow medallist and has averaged 0.78 Brownlow votes per game in his career, behind only Fitzroy triple Brownlow medallist Hayden Bunton and Essendon's Graham Moss.

Ball_Judd_Hodge_Table.jpg
Hodge, Ball, Judd: Where do they rank now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back