Certified Legendary Thread Chrisco Hampers - who in their right mind buys them ?

Remove this Banner Ad

The food hampers I can sort of understand, you pay $5 a week and gets a years worth of condiments delivered to your door. But still can’t work out the crico gift cards. You pay off a Kmart gifts card at face value, plus admin fees, and then get a gift card that then charged. $5 or so “activation fee” so all up your May pay $120 for a $100 voucher that you can buy $95 worth of stuff.
But you still have to get off you fat ass and go to the shops to spend it… WHERES THE CONVINCE???

The food hampers I can sort of understand, you pay $5 a week and gets a years worth of condiments delivered to your door. But still can’t work out the crico gift cards. You pay off a Kmart gifts card at face value, plus admin fees, and then get a gift card that then charged. $5 or so “activation fee” so all up your May pay $120 for a $100 voucher that you can buy $95 worth of stuff.
But you still have to get off you fat ass and go to the shops to spend it… WHERES THE CONVINCE???

They appeared on the Crico selection list about 5 or so years ago snd were an instant hit. The true believers go mad for them. But yes, they are top of the list for absurdity and ridiculous waste of money. As many have pointed out over the years, the nimrods could easily set up a direct debit system of say $30 a week that goes into a bank account they can’t touch until November or something.

They appeared on the Crico selection list about 5 or so years ago snd were an instant hit. The true believers go mad for them. But yes, they are top of the list for absurdity and ridiculous waste of money. As many have pointed out over the years, the nimrods could easily set up a direct debit system of say $30 a week that goes into a bank account they can’t touch until November or something.

That’s not very convince.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone ask on the FB page "are the gift cards value for money?"

I'd like to see the mental gymnastics they use.

I had to get in and get out quickly after accumulating secret sensitive inside information to bring back to bf chrisco headquarters. It was nerve racking stuff I tells ya.
And there’s no way I could actually post something in the actual asylum because my fb profile is linked to my business.
I’ve got 46 five star reviews and the last thing I need is 350 outraged Chrisco nuffies descending on my website giving me 1 star brutal reviews.

So we need a brave ,courageous sacrificial lamb with nerves of steel to infiltrate the Chrisco fan page inner sanctum and ask the hard questions in order to get the hilarious responses for our demented entertainment…and then get the hell outta there.

Or ..stay in as an undercover operative and continue on incognito and avoid detection for many more wonderful Chrisco xmas unboxings to come.

Last edited:
We're been found out, they know about this thread!
Kind of hoping Chief sets up an algorithm so anyone trying to join BF just to post in this thread about what mean campaigners we are won't have their post show up til Xmas next year. After they have paid premium BF membership in 12 easy payments of 19.99.

Call it the saurus package.

People who purchase Chrisco gift cards make the people who purchase the food hampers look like MENSA candidates. I'd say that everybody who purchases a Chrisco gift card should be lobotomised, but I assume they already have been.

People who purchase Chrisco gift cards make the people who purchase the food hampers look like MENSA candidates. I'd say that everybody who purchases a Chrisco gift card should be lobotomised, but I assume they already have been.
I'll put my hand up to using companies to supply overseas rels with overpriced plonk. It's the convince.

I'll put my hand up to using companies to supply overseas rels with overpriced plonk. It's the convince.
As much as we make fun of the
Chrisco junk food consumers, there is a my least a reason for them to do what they're doing. Not a good reason, mind you, but a reason. It is convint. They get all the party pies and chicken nuggets they could ever need delivered right to their doorstep without needing to leave the house. The premium that they pay for this convince is insanity, and there are much cheaper options to achieve the same convince, but the convince is at least there.

Chrisco gift card shoppers, on the other hand? Once they get their gift card, they still have to go to the damn shop and do their shopping. They don't even get any convince!

I can understand the love of receiving hampers
We used to get great ones full of top shelf booze and food at Xmas from my wifes clients
Boxes of Chocolates from France every year

the best part was we didnt pay for them

I can understand the love of receiving hampers
We used to get great ones full of top shelf booze and food at Xmas from my wifes clients
Boxes of Chocolates from France every year

the best part was we didn't pay for them
Yes but you are comparing a hamper chock full of artisan boutique products to a cardboard box full of frozen out of use by date chicken nuggets.

Yes but you are comparing a hamper chock full of artisan boutique products to a cardboard box full of frozen out of use by date chicken nuggets.
I do remember still being burdened with having to physically go to the supermarket for condiments too

and do Pies make great Xmas gifts ?
Well I certainly do.

correct_chris_farley_billy_madison.gif

As much as we make fun of the
Chrisco junk food consumers, there is a my least a reason for them to do what they're doing. Not a good reason, mind you, but a reason. It is convint. They get all the party pies and chicken nuggets they could ever need delivered right to their doorstep without needing to leave the house. The premium that they pay for this convince is insanity, and there are much cheaper options to achieve the same convince, but the convince is at least there.

Chrisco gift card shoppers, on the other hand? Once they get their gift card, they still have to go to the damn shop and do their shopping. They don't even get any convince!
Nah they just use their gift cards online which is very convince and pay the extra charge for the convince of home delivery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back