Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt2

How would you find Bradley Robert Edwards?

• Not guilty on all

• Guilty on all

• Ciara Glennon - Guilty

• Ciara Glennon & Jane Rimmer - Guilty

• I need more information!

• This is sooo sub-judice, I'm dobbing you in shellyg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the prosecution or WAPOL under any legal obligation to investigate and attempt to identify who all the other owners of the hairs were?

Yes. If only to exclude any members of the investgation

Or can we assume that they have done this, and are not going to publicly reveal who any of them belonged to, for reasons of privacy or in order to not assist the defence case?

Theoretically the Police are a completely neutral gatherer of evidence. They give all this evidence to the DPP who select the evidence relevant to the case and put it in the paginated brief. The DPP has a duty of fairness so they are obliged to include evidence that favours the defence

Can we assume that if there were any positive matches of these hairs to anyone, that the defence would already have the names of the matches, but not be allowed to name names in court for privacy reasons?

If there is identitity evidence the defence will have it and they will use it in court if it helps them. Privacy is a matter for the judge

Today's West Australian article regarding hair tests

How many of those non-BRE, non-victim, 10 hairs came from
(a) undergarments,
versus
(b) the 2 drop sheets?

(All 10 are reported in West article today have come from either MS Glennon's undergarments or the 2 drop sheets her body had been laid on at the crime scene)

Today's West Australian article regarding hair tests

I've just realised that I misidentifed Tim Clarke. He has a 1950s haircut and a Pommie accent and sits in the rear of the media rows. The guy I thought was Tim Clark has an Aussie accent, gel teased short hair, and sits at the far right of the media rows near the large monitor. He's there just about every day. Any Idea who he is? He's the only one I've seen to take serious notes off the screen.

(a) undergarments,
versus
(b) the 2 drop sheets?

(All 10 are reported in West article today have come from either MS Glennon's undergarments or the 2 drop sheets her body had been laid on at the crime scene)

I'd like more info on that as well. Investigators, quite rightly imo according to the article prioritised testing of the hair found in Ciara's underwear. It might mean nothing in that it was her Mum's hair strayed into her undies drawer but it might mean a way lot more than nothing as well.

I can imagine that newly washed undergarments might get contaminated by other peoples hairs or hair debris on other clothes, rooms (hair fragments floating around), surfaces, containers, buckets, baskets, sinks, washing bags, dirty clothes bags, soaps, and washing or drying machines.

I've just realised that I misidentifed Tim Clarke. He has a 1950s haircut and a Pommie accent and sits in the rear of the media rows. The guy I thought was Tim Clark has an Aussie accent, gel teased short hair, and sits at the far right of the media rows near the large monitor. He's there just about every day. Any Idea who he is? He's the only one I've seen to take serious notes off the screen.
Tim Clarke's accent and voice is just like the local police officer character PC Joe Penhale, in the town of Portwenn Cornwall, in ABC TV series Doc Martin.

It may be John Flint, assistant editor of The West Australian. He has short, light coloured hair, gelled upwards. He's a Walkley Award winning investigative journalist and has reported on the CSK case.

From WAToday blog
Day 50 of trial to start at 10am
Telstra-issued work trousers from around the 1990s period. State prosecutors argue the fibres pulled from tape lifts by forensics officers match the same brand of pants.

Telstra-issued work trousers from around the 1990s period. State prosecutors argue the fibres pulled from tape lifts by forensics officers match the same brand of pants.
Welcome to WAtoday's coverage of day 50 of the Claremont serial killer trial in the Supreme Court of Western Australia.

Today the prosecution had planned to call former Macro Taskforce detective George Paton, however, a last minute issue raised by the defence has seen any witnesses who were set to speak to the state'e fibre evidence delayed.

The delay is due to late fibre analysis reports submitted to the trial. The late reports were allowed by Justice Stephen Hall, after prosecutors last year discovered two pairs of Telstra-issued pants dating back to the mid-1990s - sparking a delay to the trial start date, and a delay in subsequent defence fibre reports.

The state alleges fibres from the pants match those found on Ciara and Jane's bodies, as well as Bradley Edwards' 1995 rape victim.
Prosecutors will today scramble to find a last-minute DNA witness who is ready to take the stand earlier than expected, or alternatively, they will read in some witness statements.

Last edited:
No. Not Flint. And not anybody from watoday either. I might even have to ask him next week. I'm not going in today as it seems it will only be statements read into evidence.
Hugo Timms, a journo from Post Newspapers is co-writing articles with Bret Christian. Not sure what he looks like but if Bret's not there on the day, it could be him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(a) undergarments,
versus
(b) the 2 drop sheets?

The West is wrong :)
Blog said AJM 29, 34, 65 and 15. 15 was the sheet which had the most hairs

I can imagine that newly washed undergarments might get contaminated by other peoples hairs or hair debris on other clothes, rooms (hair fragments floating around), surfaces, containers, buckets, baskets, sinks, washing bags, dirty clothes bags, soaps, and washing or drying machines.

Undies can also gather foreign hair when they're taken off, thrown down and put back on.

Not relevant to this case but Hayley Dodd murder conviction overturned!

Wow

Wark is still in the Slammer - the conviction has not been overturned EDIT: (Jezza corrects me it has been quashed :fearscream:)
He can now Appeal --------- does't mean he's going anywhere fast

We have a Legal system NOT a justice system

Last edited:
Wark is still in the Slammer - the conviction has not been overturned. He can now Appeal --------- does't mean he's going anywhere fast

We have a Legal system NOT a justice system

He's been remanded in custody. The original conviction is quashed and he will be given a retrial - I assume judge only again.

It'll be interesting to read the appeal judgement.

On another murder trial, The Warneke case, the accused was convicted of manslaughter but then released on appeal and paid lots of money. I read Hall's ruling on admissability of evidence earlier in that case - he wasn't trial judge though. It seems pretty clear Warneke was killed by the group of people including the accused. The only dispute is whether they ran him over or hit him on the head with a pole. The accused being released on appeal and paid out is not right.

He's been remanded in custody. The original conviction is quashed and he will be given a retrial - I assume judge only again.

It'll be interesting to read the appeal judgement.

On another murder trial, The Warneke case, the accused was convicted of manslaughter but then released on appeal and paid lots of money. I read Hall's ruling on admissability of evidence earlier in that case - he wasn't trial judge though. It seems pretty clear Warneke was killed by the group of people including the accused. The only dispute is whether they ran him over or hit him on the head with a pole. The accused being released on appeal and paid out is not right.
The cops stuffed that up from the beginning. That man spent more than 5 yrs in prison. Even Warnekes mother believed it was an injustice. The accused had an intellectual disability, spoke almost no English, just his indigenous language. As Warnekes mother said, even blind Freddie could see he had been run over.

The cops stuffed that up from the beginning. That man spent more than 5 yrs in prison. Even Warnekes mother believed it was an injustice. The accused had an intellectual disability, spoke almost no English, just his indigenous language. As Warnekes mother said, even blind Freddie could see he had been run over.

I think the only injustice was he was convicted of manslaughter for hitting the victim with a pole. One of his friends said he did that. More of his friends say he hit the victim with a car.

Either way I think he killed the victim.

Read the statements here. https://ecourts.justice.wa.gov.au/e...ision?id=3927ca92-95bd-5910-4825-7d0e0024fed1

I think the only injustice was he was convicted of manslaughter for hitting the victim with a pole. One of his friends said he did that. More of his friends say he hit the victim with a car.

Either way I think he killed the victim.

Read the statements here. https://ecourts.justice.wa.gov.au/e...ision?id=3927ca92-95bd-5910-4825-7d0e0024fed1
"The detectives set up the room as an interview room, though they did not set up the video camera that they had brought with them".

I would like to know why they didn't they record the first interview. And why didn't he have a translator?
This whole case is very sus. There is such a thing as a false confession and it happens a lot.

Last edited:
Have been watching Dublin Murders on SBS....really good so far.
This is how they dress at the scene of a crime in Ireland, a huge difference to the CSK crime scene.

View attachment 826730
TBF though, the forensic team in WA likely dress like that now too...Just not back then.
Capture.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back