Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt3 - The Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CG was quite the little detective reading this account? Wonder why she didn't trust him??

Detective Marrapodi asked if he has any other social media accounts under different names.

"Going back, [my second wife] was getting paranoid about me having an affair with someone, I used to have a number of different Facebook accounts because I was playing the games on Facebook and if you've got different people playing you can donate different bits and pieces from the game to other people," he said.

Detectives have asked how many emails he had.

He has given a few different emails saying, "My wife used to get in there and search through my emails".

Perhaps we might hear that Wife No. 2 knew there was something odd about BREs behaviour but couldn't quite put her finger on what it was. There were probably lots of occurrences when things didn't quite add up. When asked, he probably had a whole stack of ready-made excuses, or explanations for her questions. Probably the same deal with Wife No. 1 and his parents beforehand.

It must be terrible to find out a spouse spent their time doing such horrible things. Wife2 may have spent lots of time going through his personal stuff, most people would want answers. Going through the emails and bank statements might just be a tip-of the iceburg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serial killer Bradley Edwards hid in plain sight for nearly 25 years before WA detectives finally tracked him down. Australian Story reveals the extraordinary twists and turns that led to police cracking the case and revisits the families of two of his victims, Jane Rimmer and Sarah Spiers, who first spoke to the program 16 years ago.

Airs Monday November 16, 8pm (AEDT), on ABCTV and iview.

Serial killer Bradley Edwards hid in plain sight for nearly 25 years before WA detectives finally tracked him down. Australian Story reveals the extraordinary twists and turns that led to police cracking the case and revisits the families of two of his victims, Jane Rimmer and Sarah Spiers, who first spoke to the program 16 years ago.
Can’t wait to hear the new evidence the ABC must be going to present on Monday night, that Sarah Spiers is irrefutably an abduction and murder victim of Bradley Robert Edwards. (big dollop of sarcasm).

Also, to save money, the ABC is soon to mandate that all future serial TV programs will be limited to only 2 episodes. (Heard this in an astral travelling dream last night - Ita told Me2).

Last edited:

Airs Monday November 16, 8pm (AEDT), on ABCTV and iview.

This Australian Story episode is now watchable at the above link, having already aired in the Eastern States tonight. It's not up on iView yet.
The transcript of this episode is also now available (at the above link).

Last edited:
Is it likely that BRE posted here? It’s plausible that he at least browsed such sites but what about joining in the conversation?

The lies he told through the police interview were purposeful and motivated by self interest, there was no apparent reason for him to throw in that story about nearly drowning. As a sympathy ploy it was absolutely pathetic, less disciplined interrogators might have laughed at him.

He might not skindive regularly, that's something he could have taken a couple of holiday lessons on in a resort swimming pool. Bali maybe.

The point is, on his application for Telstra promotion in 1992 and after the Huntingdale attack he has water sports as enjoyable activities. Post arrest he wants the police to believe he doesn't go anywhere near the water because of something that happened to him pre 1988.

Water sports has two meanings!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is astonishing. A Melbourne footballer dragged a woman who happened to be a nurse into a laneway, he straddled her, had his hand over her mouth etc etc it's all on CCTV and he was found not guilty of a sexual assault, pleading guilty to a common assault.

It's groundhog day.

Hopefully not for much longer (in Victoria at least)

'a “grab and drag” law would fill the legislative gap between common assault — of which Williams was found guilty — and intent to commit a sexual offence — which a judge found could not be proven in his case.'

Hopefully not for much longer (in Victoria at least)

'a “grab and drag” law would fill the legislative gap between common assault — of which Williams was found guilty — and intent to commit a sexual offence — which a judge found could not be proven in his case.'

There was another similar incident in Melbourne, two witnesses who followed the attacker and he threatened them. I posted it on the Stalker thread. I might move it over to General.

Have we all seen this, BRE's family have already begun appeal preparations?

"The family of convicted Claremont killer Bradley Robert Edwards have already begun preparing to help him appeal his convictions after he was found guilty of murdering two women in the late 1990s. "

"It has now been revealed relatives of the killer have contacted prominent barristers in Perth seeking legal advice, Nine News and WAToday reported. "

If the Edwards' family do decide to appeal I wonder if Legal Aid will assist them. I don't know how Legal Aid works but I'm aware they've got some sort of rule that they only assist the first person who applies. Would Bradley's defense have exhausted the funding available to them?

If the Edwards' family do decide to appeal I wonder if Legal Aid will assist them. I don't know how Legal Aid works but I'm aware they've got some sort of rule that they only assist the first person who applies. Would Bradley's defense have exhausted the funding available to them?

almost impossible/ highly unusual, to appeal a judge only trial of this nature according to a lawyer involved in the case

Just listened to the new UWA live audience pod cast from the The West.com, someone may be able to copy the link for here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back