Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, what is even more odd is that they have the very location she was found circled in the photos, right next to the forked blackboy bush. I know this because back then i used to live just up road...
I am trying work out why the focus on Ciara Glennon when the other body that was found (Jane Rimmer) was at the other end of the freeway in Wellard, roughly 85 kilometers away... He picked both locations simply because back then they were uninhabited/isolated areas where he wouldn't be noticed too easily IMO. The accused lives 35kms from both locations.
The DNA evidence people are speculating about exists but as far as I am aware that relates to the Karrakatta Cemetary rape, it was fibres from a blanket that gave the police a connection to the accused. That is some of the forensic evidence they have. That seems to be the breaking point in the case that eventually lead to his arrest.

Another new user. Keep going. We can reflect on this as the trial progresses.

Much of this has already been discussed in depth. No need go over old ground. It would pay to go back and read the distances which you have totally and utterly wrong. I'm not talking about 1 or two metres either.

Last edited:
The DNA evidence people are speculating about exists but as far as I am aware that relates to the Karrakatta Cemetary rape, it was fibres from a blanket that gave the police a connection to the accused. That is some of the forensic evidence they have. That seems to be the breaking point in the case that eventually lead to his arrest.
Possibly. I think the biggest link to the accused is the Huntingdale attack. I think his name came up but either investigated and cleared or investigated and no progress made

Once the Karakatta attack was linked then it all fell into place.

Fibres from a blanket you say, found where & connected the accused how exactly?

Melsey, I may be new to this forum but i have been following this case for 20 years now, mainly because i was a taxi driver back then and my DNA was taken because of it. I mentioned what i did because i have read back through the thread before posting my comment, just trying to be clear about my thoughts on it.

One Eyed Spy, this is from 2016.

"Last week, police claimed they had found a DNA match between the dropped silk kimono, the Karrakatta rape and the last murder in the Claremont serial killings of Ciara Glennon. "

https://www.news.com.au/national/co...s/news-story/44d3d60b4c894e632bb30a23a11bc787

Sorry my bad, i said blanket when i should have said Kimono. The fibres may relate to the missing Toyota Camry they are still looking for but i cannot confirm that.

Kimono DNA, carpet fibres on Jane are Commodore I think. The Camry they were looking for was in regards to Sarah Spiers disapearance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry my bad, i said blanket when i should have said Kimono. The fibres may relate to the missing Toyota Camry they are still looking for but i cannot confirm that.
All good. Shellys post above lays it out as we know it to be, fibres from upholstery of 1 specific model only recovered & connected to JR. I wasnt sure if you'd just come in & let a detail slip that we didnt know about or not.

All good. Shellys post above lays it out as we know it to be, fibres from upholstery of 1 specific model only recovered & connected to JR. I wasnt sure if you'd just come in & let a detail slip that we didnt know about or not.

That would be hard to do when it comes to known facts in relation to BRE, i could expand on the false reports and stories floating around back then but won't achieve much at all.

There is one thing that stuck in my mind though and that is years ago i followed that Phil Hughes blog where there were many doing the grid referencing for bodies locations etc, not too dissimilar to what yas have done here but more so on possible dumping grounds. The one place I have never seen mentioned is the Neerabup National Park which is between Yanchep and Wanneroo (Pipidinny Rd runs from Wanneroo to Eglinton) and at one stage there was mention of CG having being taken to Yanchep, If i recall rightly it was a tip off from a Dr but I am not 100% on that part of it. Anyways the point I am getting at is SS is still missing and this is a location I believe should be of interest.

My focus was all about the location/area of bush and the distance from the road verge and sandy track. I've had a fair idea where this was but because there's been a lot of debate about this over the years with differing opinions, placements and maps, lots of maps, thought it may be helpful to share how I've potentially figured out where this location may be, in the hope that we could perhaps move on from it.

If you're referring to my posts/images where I've circled the grass tree, I've used those images as a reference point to the crime scene where Ciara was found. ;)

They're good pics, I don't think I've seen those aerials before.

It's a bit tricky to gauge the location with the aerial and ground images in some photographs but one particular grass tree which is a Y shape has been a focal point for me when attempting to determine the area of interest.

The first aerial shot/image, while giving us a different direction/perception, is quite poor quality and not the clearest of pictures to work off when zooming in, I still thought it worthy of having a crack at it.
I've circled what could be the Y shape grass tree and so there for potentially the area of the primary crime scene.
View attachment 607347
View attachment 607346

The images below show different
shots of Forensics, Pathologist, crime scene photographer and detectives observing/working the scene with the Y shape grass tree in view.

View attachment 607348
View attachment 607349
View attachment 607350
View attachment 607351

Having trouble here with the slope of the land, was it an uphill slope Ciara was carried or dragged over or downhill? Every which way I look at it, seems a bit hilly.

Having trouble here with the slope of the land, was it an uphill slope Ciara was carried or dragged over or downhill? Every which way I look at it, seems a bit hilly.

Found this problematic also with the images we've got to work off but if what I'm seeing is correct it appears that there's a downward slope starting just off the sandy track leading to where Ciara was found.

Hoping to see Beatnicked aerial images they've offered to share which may provide a clearer perspective of the dimensions for visual reference.

Well ummm, trying not to be seen, hahaha..... but seriously these were some of the first photos ever released to the media way back when, they are all in the public domain.
Will photos presented to the court or other media be released to the general public?
Seeing as its a judge only trial I am not sure what is different in regards to reporting on the trial

Anyhooo, if my dates are right he's back in court on Thursday. Hopefully we'll hear that argument over propensity evidence will be open to the public and not behind closed doors.

We'll see how Yovich will play this one, seeming to be thus far in favour of transparency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back