Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in attempting to hail a cab, Ciara Glennon might have inadvertently hailed a serial killer.
I remember reading somewhere on another forum a comment from a Telstra worker saying that as the company was in the process of changing their name that they had magnetic Telstra signs for some of their cars. Telecom changed its name to Telstra in 1995, maybe he had one of those signs.
Also it wasn't unusual to see Telstra vehicles on the road at night around Claremont because Foxtel cabling was being installed around that time and they teamed up with Telstra to install the cabling.

CG had only been back in Perth for a few days. Probably had intentions of purchasing a mobile phone but it wasn't considered a priority.
CG was probably settling back into work and the family were busy planning her sister's wedding too.

Ciara Glennon might also have valued her privacy and non-contactability, over the handiness and security that a mobile phone might have provided her back then.

Mr Cook didnt have a Telstra vehicle at all?

I must have mistaken him with someone else, I'd thought he had the crappy Telstra van and BRE had the better one.
No Mrs Cook stated that they took the personal car as they didnt have a telstra car anymore.

No Mrs Cook stated that they took the personal car as they didnt have a telstra car anymore.

Welly, well .... what sort of a mate who has the use of a Telstra vehicle shows up expecting to get a lift to a job in his friends private car?

He needed to give the Cook's an excuse as to why he didn't have his vehicle.
Especially if the arrangement was to go in his car but they ended up going in the Cook's personal car.
This is all something I would have questioned.
Why did you go in the personal car? Where was the Camry? Why didnt you both go in the Camry, after all it was a Telstra job and you both work for Telstra? When was it arranged to go in the personal car and why?....
I would have considered these important things.....but I guess not.

Why did you go in the personal car? Where was the Camry? Why didnt you both go in the Camry, after all it was a Telstra job and you both work for Telstra? When was it arranged to go in the personal car and why?....

Very important. Maybe this is something the bloggers left out?

Especially if the arrangement was to go in his car but they ended up going in the Cook's personal car.
Did he take SS back to his Fountain Way house?

Was he was called into work at late notice.

The accused was probably reluctant to ask his father for a loan of his vehicle because questions would be asked, and he wouldn’t have been in the frame-of-mind to provide answers. The father would probably ask, “What’s happened to your vehicle, son?”

I can’t envisage him keeping a body in the vehicle overnight, Perth has ample places to place a body.

I'm wondering why CG would be walking along Stirling Highway to catch a cab. Why not just wait for one to come along at the bottom of Bay View Tce on the corner or just one spot? It's not as though she would be more likely to catch a cab if she walked further up the highway. It appears to me that she was walking to get to the phonebox to either call a cab or call her mother to ask her to pick her up.

Welly, well .... what sort of a mate who has the use of a Telstra vehicle shows up expecting to get a lift to a job in his friends private car?
Dunno....but when its alleged that said mate is a serial killer and the alleged car may have been involved in a murder, you would kinda think that some extra questions would have been asked as to why the Telstra car wasnt used........especially when we are talking about the early morning of the same day the alleged killer may have used the alleged car in an alleged murder....

The accused was probably reluctant to ask his father for a loan of his vehicle because questions would be asked, and he wouldn’t have been in the frame-of-mind to provide answers. The father would probably ask, “What’s happened to your vehicle, son?”

I can’t envisage him keeping a body in the vehicle overnight, Perth has ample places to place a body.
I dont think he was called into work at late notice, I think it was planned over time as one witness (Mr Cook??) stated something about some guys been offered overtime as there were other staff away for holidays.
In regards your first question...My gut says yes. I think that may be an explanation as to why SS was never found. Buried somewhere on the Sunday when he took a sickie...

There was speculation a while back that he took a victim to the Cottesloe Telephone Exchange in Congdon Street Cottesloe on the corner of Stirling highway. It was said that he had key access to that exchange and it's a very creepy old place with a basement. It would be a good place to keep a body for a short time.

I dont think he was called into work at late notice, I think it was planned over time as one witness (Mr Cook??) stated something about some guys been offered overtime as there were other staff away for holidays.
In regards your first question...My gut says yes. I think that may be an explanation as to why SS was never found. Buried somewhere on the Sunday when he took a sickie...
Good thinking 71. Sounds very likely.
Being his first kill, became nervous and needed time to think. Placed the body somewhere temporarily and dealt with it later.
He still needed to provide a good excuse for not having his work vehicle. Perhaps that he was having some mechanical problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This can't relate to SS but ... dog hair. He left the dog in the Fountain Way house and someone rang the RSPCA saying nobody was living in there.

There's been no mention of dog hair being found on any of the bodies has there? There seemed to be a lot of emphasis placed on the dog.
Maybe....and its quite hard to make sense of stuff if stuff is getting left out!!

Always seems to be more questions than answers.

Also really important imo, to know why Ciara crossed the road. If it was my daughter I'd want that answered.

Interesting to note that CG was dumped in Eglinton which was north of where the Mitchell Freeway ended and JR had been dumped in Wellard near the end of the Kwinana freeway.

This can't relate to SS but ... dog hair. He left the dog in the Fountain Way house and someone rang the RSPCA saying nobody was living in there.

There's been no mention of dog hair being found on any of the bodies has there? There seemed to be a lot of emphasis placed on the dog.

Always seems to be more questions than answers.

Also really important imo, to know why Ciara crossed the road. If it was my daughter I'd want that answered.
We don't know if she crossed the road.

We don't know if she crossed the road.

That's true but we also don't know if she actually got in the car the burger boys saw either, the assumption was that maybe she did because when next they looked up she was gone. She might have walked across the road too in which case they might not have noticed it.

Why would Ms Mabbott make something like this up and claim Ciara was on the opposite side of the road walking against the traffic?

That's true but we also don't know if she actually got in the car the burger boys saw either, the assumption was that maybe she did because when next they looked up she was gone. She might have walked across the road too in which case they might not have noticed it.

Why would Ms Mabbott make something like this up and claim Ciara was on the opposite side of the road walking against the traffic?
She could have also just crossed the light at CCGS and also gone out of view. I think most likely she got in the car at Christ Church but we will never actually know unless Brad tells his story.

Could she lie about it? Unfortunately yes. People do do this sort of thing. I think she made it up but who knows?

Interesting to note that CG was dumped in Eglinton which was north of where the Mitchell Freeway ended and JR had been dumped in Wellard near the end of the Kwinana freeway.
not really

High speed access out of city and suburbs then closest overgrowth area

I would have been more surprised if they weren't found in locations similar

Found this little gem: "Clothing fibres are just one part of the fibre evidence set to play a key part in the case.
It has also been flagged that fibres taken from a Telstra vehicle believed to have been driven by Mr Edwards in the 1990s will be central to the case. The vehicle was located by police in 2017"....
From June this year.
I do wonder if they have managed to actually match the grey trim fibres to that car to the exclusion of others?? Unlikely but you never know :)

This is the re-enactment going on what burger boy witnesses said when they saw her.
I wonder if she was asking the driver who allegedly stopped "do you know where the nearest phone box is?" With her leaning down with hands on her knees it does appear that she is asking something, not just ignoring him or waving him off.

Attachments

• stirling hway ciara leaning to car.jpg
    stirling hway ciara leaning to car.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 83
This is the re-enactment going on what burger boy witnesses said when they saw her.

If Ciara Glennon did converse with the Claremont Killer as depicted in the burger boys video,
if she revealed or intimated that she was anything to do with the law,
possibly in a cheeky way,
or joked about not wanting to get a lift with a potential serial killer,
that might have made the Claremont Killer even more determined to try and pick her up or blitz her thereafter that night.
In order to ensure that she did not report him to Police the next day or later that night,
and provide Police with his numberplate, vehicle description, and an identikit.

There's a chance that Ciara tried to memorise his numberplate or wrote it down with lippy or a pen if she could.
(Assuming she did not get into his car at that point)

Ciara was possibly very close to exposing the Claremont Serial Killer, and sadly ended up a victim of him (allegedly).

If Ciara Glennon did converse with the Claremont Killer as depicted in the burger boys video,
if she revealed or intimated that she was anything to do with the law,
possibly in a cheeky way,
or joked about not wanting to get a lift with a potential serial killer,
that might have made the Claremont Killer even more determined to try and pick her up or blitz her thereafter that night.
In order to ensure that she did not report him to Police the next day or later that night,
and provide Police with his numberplate, vehicle description, and an identikit.

There's a chance that Ciara tried to memorise his numberplate or wrote it down with lippy or a pen if she could.
(Assuming she did not get into his car at that point)

Ciara was possibly very close to exposing the Claremont Serial Killer, and sadly ended up a victim of him (allegedly).
She was known to be smart and streetwise (and not drunk) so that is a possibility.

Frankie said he didn't see CG talking to the car. He sort of gave the impression it didn't happen but that could have meant he and old mate 2 didn't see it because they weren't looking down that way but old mate 1 saw it because he was looking. I recall him saying he saw CG across the highway and then saw the car and some brake lights and that was it and then Macro informed him that old mate has said he saw CG leaning onto the car window.

Frankie isn't exactly articulate either so he might come across in court as a bit uncertain. I'm curious to how all this will pan out.
Frankie was quite clear that he didn't see a car at all & said that several times. He saw CG in the hotel and again when she walked past them at the bus stop & they reported it to police on Monday when they heard she was missing.

He said from the outset on BF that his friend had seen a car stopped speaking to the girl. At some point he was asked to clarify exactly what his friend saw (don't recall where that was asked) & he said he would contact him to check. He came back confirming he saw the car & recognised the make and model because of the tail lights. I don't recall what he said then about her leaning in speaking to the person in the car though.

I think there was confusion at times because it appeared he was speaking on behalf of the group rather than being clear it was what he personally saw. That was my take anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back