Strategy Clarko available for 2022, surely we must have a crack

Would you support landing Clarkson and paying out Nicks' last year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn and four-time premiership coach Alastair Clarkson part ways

1627607326822.png

CARL Bound you'd suggest ....

we wouldn’t do it, close thread. I don’t think throwing nicks out now would do the playing group any good, especially since he is building up the culture at the club nicely, Carlton and Collingwood probably have thrown the cheque book it him already and have good reason to sack coach/collingwood already without a coach.

Depends how much power we gave him to actually shake things up

I would be very surprised if we were interested.

He would scare the s**t out of this club.

We wouldn't give him power, he would just take it.

we wouldn’t do it, close thread. I don’t think throwing nicks out now would do the playing group any good, especially since he is building up the culture at the club nicely, Carlton and Collingwood probably have thrown the cheque book it him already and have good reason to sack coach/collingwood already without a coach.

So your view is that we should settle for an unproven coach instead of even trying to land one of the best coaches of the last 20 years? And the reasoning is that you think the players would be upset if we brought in a generational coach? Any player that doesn't like it, needs to find another club or career.

So your view is that we should settle for an unproven coach instead of even trying to land one of the best coaches of the last 20 years? And the reasoning is that you think the players would be upset if we brought in a generational coach? Any player that doesn't like it, needs to find another club or career.
I know you love your leaps of logic

so if Clarkos quit with a year on his contract, you know there is a reason.

He is signed, sealed and delivered somewhere else already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what would happen if we offered him a 1 year senior coaching consultant position, similar to what we had with Worsfold?

Offer him ridiculous money. He could come home for a year, while taking a step back to reevaluate. Then at the end of 12 months he's free to go where he likes.

I know you love your leaps of logic

so if Clarkos quit with a year on his contract, you know there is a reason.

He is signed, sealed and delivered somewhere else already

He didn't quit. Speaking of leaps of logic. And he'd name his price at any number of clubs, he wouldn't need one in the bag to quit, if that is what he'd have done, even though it wasn't.

Sam Mitchell is a smug little bugger..

Clarko has been totally disrespected and he strikes me as the sort of bloke that would love to stick it up them from the box at another club..
Olsen will call him 100%
If we didn't call 6 months ago, then we are probably already too late.

As keen as I am, are there many coaches who had extended successful stints at one club, that left that club and achieved success again at a new club?

Leigh Matthews is one. Any others?
Malthouse, I guess?

Anyway I'm shocked at this news

Sam Mitchell is a smug little bugger..

Clarko has been totally disrespected and he strikes me as the sort of bloke that would love to stick it up them from the box at another club..
Olsen will call him 100%

Kennett has had it in for Clarko for years and finally got what he wanted. It's funny that Jeff gets credit for being president through a successful era and yet if he'd had his way, Clarko would have been sacked prior to coaching his first flag.

As keen as I am, are there many coaches who had extended successful stints at one club, that left that club and achieved success again at a new club?

Leigh Matthews is one. Any others?

He lost GFs at Geelong, but I'd still argue Blight. Malthouse from Eagles to Pies. Here's the question, of the premiership winning coaches that left one club to go to another, how many have failed?

He lost GFs at Geelong, but I'd still argue Blight. Malthouse from Eagles to Pies. Here's the question, of the premiership winning coaches that left one club to go to another, how many have failed?

Malthouse from Pies to Carlton. Also Blight failed at St Kilda after us

Most of the other coaches left for a few years and came back, then failed. Bomber Thompson at Essendon, Worsfold at Essendon, Roos at Melbourne

Worsfold and Pagan come to mind.

Back