Climate Change Arguing

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow another bitter and deluded old man-that’s different.
What, exactly, did he say that was wrong?
It's hilarious that those who have a go a greta for being a kid/having aspbergers etc etc have no issues with bringing out lines like bitter and deluded old man when they have been preaching and taking the moral hiighground against abusing others based on their characteristics.

What, exactly, did he say that was wrong?
Got everything wrong. Referencing smug young people, who can’t work a 40 hour week, can’t eat meat without crying, pathological need to be coddled. Etc etc....and way to go with the generalisations.
Not sure who you hang out with but I don’t actually know any young person who fits this description.
Not sure where this defensive and paranoid mind set comes from but it sure is finding a voice in the cranky older men. Time to get themselves informed. Time for them to hang out with the ‘kids’- they might learn something then!

Who's ignorant?
Jason hill, Donnie the trump, Sam Newman, Andrew bolt, scomo and the list goes on. People who need to get more informed. People who attack young people on their perceived ‘character’ flaws or ‘mental health issues’ as opposed to refuting the science which incidentally, a number of these youngsters have correctly researched and understood.

Last edited:
Jason hill, Donnie the trump, Sam Newman, Andrew bolt, scomo and the list goes on. People who need to get more informed. People who attack young people on their perceived ‘character’ flaws or ‘mental health issues’ as opposed to refuting the science which incidentally, a number of these youngsters have correctly researched and understood.
What like Bolt rolling that guy from extinction rebellioin? Newman's assessment of Great was also reasonable liberals like to give it to Trump over his character as much as he gives it to others. Also again actually Jason Hill made highly valid points but rather hypocritically people like you wish to can him while whinging about him canning others.

What like Bolt rolling that guy from extinction rebellioin? Newman's assessment of Great was also reasonable liberals like to give it to Trump over his character as much as he gives it to others. Also again actually Jason Hill made highly valid points but rather hypocritically people like you wish to can him while whinging about him canning others.
Haha please- did you read what Sam said? Newman was actually rather rude and nasty and didn’t address the science at all. Really if, like Newman, you sign off your tweet #climatechange hoax, you are so far off the pace it ain’t funny. Same with bolt. Hill, as I have already quoted, made spurious claims that yet again failed to address the science. The main issue with these people is that they are not arguing the information and knowledge, yet you don’t seem to have an issue with their comments. The science is overwhelming so seems to me they have little excuse for remaining so ignorant.

Haha please- did you read what Sam said? Newman was actually rather rude and nasty and didn’t address the science at all. Same with bolt. Hill, as I have already quoted, made spurious claims that yet again failed to address the science. The main issue with these people is that they are not arguing the information and knowledge, yet you don’t seem to have an issue with their comments. The science is overwhelming so seems to me they have little excuse for remaining so ignorant.
Newman's comment was about the way which Greta felt it was OK to address people who weren't doing what she wanted pretty sure Newman's behaviour was equal. Bolt challenged that numpty on the methods of protesting after they told him they had a right to do it in such a manner. Even when Bolt rightly stated that they had other mechanisms to get their point across and challenged him on doing so and called out their bullcrap this guy had no answers. You are simply saying their claims are spurious because they address issues that the protestors don't want addressed. Its funny for someone who is whinging about these people ignoring facts you're doing the exact same thing and not even bothering to entertain the fact that when Newman was attacking Greta for example he did so over her comments.

Remember when the school kids took a day off school to protest over inaction on climate change and politicians lost their minds.

... today schools were closed because of the impacts of climate change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when the school kids took a day off school to protest over inaction on climate change and politicians lost their minds.

... today schools were closed because of the impacts of climate change.
Global cooling is a real issue that must be solved.

"The Arctic blast that descended this week on a swath of the country stretching from the Rocky Mountains to New England continued Tuesday, bringing record-breaking low temperatures, snowfall in some Northeast areas and school closings in the Mid-South."

Got everything wrong. Referencing smug young people, who can’t work a 40 hour week, can’t eat meat without crying, pathological need to be coddled. Etc etc....and way to go with the generalisations.
Not sure who you hang out with but I don’t actually know any young person who fits this description.
Not sure where this defensive and paranoid mind set comes from but it sure is finding a voice in the cranky older men. Time to get themselves informed. Time for them to hang out with the ‘kids’- they might learn something then!

So, basically, you're triggered beyond redemption.

That in itself, is quite hilarious.

But hey...LEAVE GRETA ALONE!

Cry me a river.
Just because they are criticise on the odd issues eg climate change where they have had their teacher put the fear in to them that the world is going to end!

The elder generation grew up in a lot tougher time’s where money was so scares.

they need a trip somewhere in Asia or Africa at least to see what less fortunate, poor and next to zero hope in hell in getting out of such poor countries

Is this real life?

Talk about getting sucked in.

Firstly it's a bit funny that you are trying to lecture me on controlled burns whilst at the same time equating such burns with back burning. Despite your suggestion otherwise, I think it's you who's a bit ignorant here.

Secondly it's incorrect to say that everyone wants more controlled burns. The Greens and certain other groups don't. They support some controlled burning as long as it's 'sustainable' and protects 'biodiversity'. That's their federal policy. Certain state branches have more limiting policies. For instance the SA Greens policy is to replace mandatory burn quotas with 'fluctuating hazard reduction burns'. I hazard a guess they wouldn't be too happy with the increased carbon emissions associated with an increase in annual controlled burns either. Maybe you can jump down off your high horse now.
Was obviously a mis-type since I specifically mentioned controlled burns to begin with. But hang your argument on that :rolleyes:

Was obviously a mis-type since I specifically mentioned controlled burns to begin with. But hang your argument on that :rolleyes:

rolleyes.gif

But I didn't. The irony of your comments was mentioned as an aside before I dealt with the rest of your post. Your very latest post is even more ironic though. In it you are saying I hung my argument (which I didn't) on your misunderstanding of back burning, whilst at the same time that's the only part of the post you've responded to. FFS you are majoring on the minor details whilst incorrectly criticising me for doing so. Maybe lay off the sauce before you jump on Bigfooty in future.

nuts.gif

View attachment 781212

But I didn't. The irony of your comments was mentioned as an aside before I dealt with the rest of your post. Your very latest post is even more ironic though. In it you are saying I hung my argument (which I didn't) on your misunderstanding of back burning, whilst at the same time that's the only part of the post you've responded to. FFS you are majoring on the minor details whilst incorrectly criticising me for doing so. Maybe lay off the sauce before you jump on Bigfooty in future.

View attachment 781211
For someone who has been schooled so often in this thread, you sure are chirpy. The rest of your post was Largely irrelevant; it doesn’t matter what the Greens want because they aren’t in government anywhere in this country.

For someone who has been schooled so often in this thread, you sure are chirpy.

Is this just what you think when you're drunk? Because if you want me to tally up the schoolings I'll oblige. As for being chirpy, what a joke. Go back and read your comments at #1,187 where all this started. You're the King of chirp my friend.

The rest of your post was Largely irrelevant; it doesn’t matter what the Greens want because they aren’t in government anywhere in this country.

Largely irrelevant you say (with largely curiously capitalised mid-sentence). I was joking about you being on the sauce but maybe I hit the nail on the head. How can you say it was largely irrelevant? Firstly you've only said 'largely' irrelevant, so even in your drunken stupor you admit that the rest wasn't all irrelevant. If that's the case why did you only respond to the backburning bit? Was that somehow more relevant? LOL.

Secondly, in reality the rest of my post wasn't irrelevant in any way at all. I was responding to your post where you had said ...... "Everyone wants more controlled burns ...." I was just pointing out some who don't. I can list some more if you like. I fail to see how it was irrelevant. I was directly responding to a point you had made, so if the discussion on those lines is irrelevant why did you take us off on that tangent?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back