Universal Love Clinton Young's tackle

Remove this Banner Ad

a few commentators were saying that Young lacked match fitness. I think easing him into the team with softer games against carlton, adelaide, GC and GWS is a great way to have him ready for tougher teams/finals

I think that was more to do with match fitness. We saw a glimpse of what he can do with some of his penetrating kicks

Exactly right, will take him a couple of games to get back into things I'd say but there were very good signs :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2nd best tackle of his career. (Best was a front-on wrapup of a charging Dangerfield in 10 or 11). Showed a defensive intent rarely seen for us.

I cheered.

Agree with the 'acclimatisation' period - so many of his handball receives at Hawthorn were instinctive - he seemed to be running very similar patterns last night, whereas the Pies often go straight forward by foot (eg Swan), rather than finding the player in space (Pendlebury). I think the Pendlebury -> Young -> Cloke combination might be seen quite a bit over the coming seasons.

Other Hawks may not be so kind, but he left for the financial security - his career at Hawthorn was nearly over, and like Murphy and Gilham found a place to continue his career. (Will hurt a hell of a lot more if you guys keep winning, I'm sure)

Actually more annoyed his brother swapped allegience, but very glad that the Collingwood players have apparently shown the same levels of acceptance and understanding off the field - it's not exactly common in a "footy" environment.

Didnt get alot of it but was his first game back in a long time.

Super chase and tackle. Also chased down a very quick bloke in Armfield.

He will be better for the run will Youngy.

I think that was more to do with match fitness. We saw a glimpse of what he can do with some of his penetrating kicks

and His 1st AFL Game since the GF of Last Season.

He did show potential with his Great Kicking

I fear people might underestimate just how quick Armfield is, that was a stellar chase that's for sure. Especially, as most have said, for a player coming off a soft tissue injury.

Truly exceptional. It was one of the few things early in the game that had me clamouring for my phone so I could tweet about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back