News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko on 3AW this morning-

“I want to do something to give back to the game whether that is with Tassie, indigenous programs or the northern markets, I don’t know yet”

Northern markets ... GWS or SUNS.... and mention of tassie again.

if Tassie get the green light assuming itll be 2025 he could very well take the reins. They might have a VFL team like the suns did. Guy Mckenna was involved with the club for 2 years prior to them starting in the AFL. Clarko could do something similar.

Northern markets ... GWS or SUNS.... and mention of tassie again.

if Tassie get the green light assuming itll be 2025 he could very well take the reins. They might have a VFL team like the suns did. Guy Mckenna was involved with the club for 2 years prior to them starting in the AFL. Clarko could do something similar.

Would be a shame, I would love to see what Clarko could do with our list. Right now I believe Dew definitely isn't getting the most out of our young guns. If we bring in Clarkson you can bet your bottom dollar he would get every last ounce out of every single player and do you know why? Because Clarko holds his players accountable! With the list we've got (considering we keep them all together) and Clarko as coach I'd really like our chances making finals and who knows maybe even creating a dynasty for years to come. I better stop now because my salivation is out of control at just the thought of this.

Would be a shame, I would love to see what Clarko could do with our list. Right now I believe Dew definitely isn't getting the most out of our young guns. If we bring in Clarkson you can bet your bottom dollar he would get every last ounce out of every single player and do you know why? Because Clarko holds his players accountable! With the list we've got (considering we keep them all together) and Clarko as coach I'd really like our chances making finals and who knows maybe even creating a dynasty for years to come. I better stop now because my salivation is out of control at just the thought of this.
The fact that Clarko has publicly stated he is interested in 'giving back' to the northern markets is a huge step in the right direction. Prior to this morning, he hadn't really made any public statements that would suggest he was interested in moving here. Now we know he is open to QLD/NSW, Tasmania and potentially even an indigenous program. This essentially dispels the myth that Clarkson wouldn't be interested in leaving Victoria and we're obviously in a fantastic position to land him if things play out the way a lot of people think they will.

Has anyone seen the new Dynasties video the AFL released yesterday? There are a lot of similarities with where we're currently at and where the Brisbane Lions were when Leigh Matthews took hold of the reigns in Brisbane.

You'd have to think that anyone thinking about leaving at the end of their contract next year would re-sign if Clarkson was confirmed coach.
Can see a lot of players waiting to sign contracts until a bit more certainty about coaching situation next year.
=

Steven King. Lock it in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King’s motivation for relocating to Queensland is primarily family-related, with he and wife Danielle due to have another baby while various family members are already in the state.

However we can get them I suppose.

King’s motivation for relocating to Queensland is primarily family-related, with he and wife Danielle due to have another baby while various family members are already in the state.

However we can get them I suppose.
They don't ask how, They ask "how many"

If Clarko doesn't come in 2023, then Choco Williams should be Plan B. Premiership coach, GWS start up, Demons culture changer and has a personality to sell the club.
I love Choco. He is another one that is underrated. Wherever he goes, he finds success. He is great developing young players too. Why clubs don't turn to him as a senior coach gets me beat!

Last time I checked he wasn't on the coaching market
He wasn't really in the coaching market when Melbourne drew him out to take control of their rebuild either but he's one of the few media fans of the Suns and the Gold Coast, and I could see him being receptive if the AFL approached him like they did Melbourne.

He wasn't really in the coaching market when Melbourne drew him out to take control of their rebuild either but he's one of the few media fans of the Suns and the Gold Coast, and I could see him being receptive if the AFL approached him like they did Melbourne.
He demands big money

Remove this Banner Ad

Back