Remove this Banner Ad

Somebody

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
whole thing is on youtube in one part as well:

that's great, thanks to whoever uploaded. ONly way I can get free replays unless someone has an invite to aussierul.es
I also use ant downloader on firefox so I can save youtube and other vid's in highest resolution. Gives much better quality thab streaming even if it takes a while dep on your net speed. This one at 720 Mb/sec is over 2GB size file. Only taking 10 to 15 min to download but I have reasonable speed.

toovey

Draftee
Sep 28, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi Pies fans

i am looking for Collingwood games 80s-90s to swap with other collectors, if you have any extended highlights or full games send me a message
thanks!

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
when I click these links, (eagles game) I just get a network error message is that because I am overseas?

esc0bar

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gold coast game Spiral_Out? From reading the match day thread I developed an understanding that it was a insipid performance by GC but love to watch the development of players.

Somebody

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
G'day people (inclusive language, success!!)

First off, a disclaimer to the mods here in Vicky Park 76woodenspooners NT.Thunder for a putrid comment I made regarding the Silvagni family earlier in the season. First off, unacceptable, and second (a inexcusable reason) I had some major surgery and was out of it. Wife can testify, because I was a horrible person to her (verbally). I will endeavour to keep a lid on it in the future.

I am going to post the games from 2002, including pre-season games that I can find here below. The problem I have found is that you cannot download these to your desktop, because they are like some youtube videos, which are flash videos embedded, and the original file having been removed. I had a hard drive full of these games going back to the early nineties, but unfortunately, it died. R.I.P. But without further ado, to arms humans, to arms!

Just as a disclaimer. The quality from 2002-2007 is not great because of the primitive internet speeds. But I do have some of the earlier games if anyone is interested on DVD. The earlier games from season 2002 are also the first half only, which will bum some out.

You will need VLC to play these games until I can get in contact with bloke called happy_eagle who is in the know on getting the links, but not sure about downloading the files. Please do not harass the fella! It is due to his good work, that I can have the template for the links herein.

You can play these games by downloading VLC media player, then:

Click on "Media", then "Open Network Stream", then copying the links from below. Good luck!

2002 - Wizard Home Loans Cup

Round 1 - Sydney v Collingwood - Manuka Oval

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/preseason/2002/01/6-256_rs.wmv

Round 2 - Hawthorn v Collingwood - Docklands - Unavailable

Round 3 - Collingwood v Kangaroos - Docklands - Unavailable

2002 - Telstra Premiership Season

Round 1 - Richmond v Collingwood - MCG

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/01/1-256_rs.wmv

Round 2 - Collingwood v West Coast - MCG - DVD Owned

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/02/2-256_rs.wmv

Round 3 - Carlton v Collingwood - MCG - Unavailable

Round 4 - Collingwood v Hawthorn - MCG - Unavailable (DVD Owned)

Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - MCG - DVD Owned

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/05/1-256_rs.wmv

Round 6 - St Kilda v Collingwood - Docklands - DVD Owned

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/06/1-256_rs.wmv

Round 7 - Western Bulldogs v Collingwood - Docklands

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/07/7-256_rs.wmv

Round 8 - Collingwood v Brisbane Lions - Docklands

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/08/4-256_rs.wmv

Round 9 - Port Adelaide v Collingwood - Football Park

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/09/1-256_rs.wmv

Round 10 - Collingwood v Sydney Swans - Docklands

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/10/5-256_rs.wmv

Round 11 - Melbourne v Collingwood - MCG

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/11/8-256_rs.wmv

Round 12 - Fremantle v Collingwood - Subiaco Oval/ Domain Stadium

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/12/4-256_rs.wmv

Round 13 - Collingwood v Kangaroos - Docklands

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/13/4-256_rs.wmv

Round 14 - Adelaide v Collingwood - Football Park - DVD Owned

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/14/7-256_rs.wmv

Round 15 - Collingwood v Geelong - MCG

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/15/3-256_rs.wmv

Round 16 - Collingwood v Richmond - MCG

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/16/1-256_rs.wmv

Round 17 - West Coast v Collingwood - Subiaco Oval/ Domain Stadium

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/17/2-256_rs.wmv

Round 18 - Collingwood v Carlton - MCG

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/18/1-256_rs.wmv

Round 19 - Hawthorn v Collingwood - MCG - Unavailable

Round 20 - Essendon v Collingwood - MCG - Unavailable

Round 21 - Collingwood v St Kilda - MCG

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/21/7-256_rs.wmv

Round 22 - Collingwood v Western Bulldogs - MCG

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/22/5-256_rs.wmv

Qualifying Final - Port Adelaide v Collingwood - Football Park

mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/premiership/2002/QF/1-768_rs.wmv

Preliminary Final - Collingwood v Adelaide - MCG

Grand Final - Collingwood v Brisbane - MCG - Unavailable

Sorry about the games that I could not find, but no reason why someone else will not have better luck! The template is there anyway, just change the round number 1-22, and EF/QF/PF for the finals, and games 1-8 during the season, and 1-4/1-2/1-2 for the first three weeks of finals.

If anyone wants me to cap some of the games I have from 1999 to 2001 (I have all the wins we had) then I will put it on youtube and start a channel!

2003-2009 to go!

YOu can download flash vid's from youtube using ant vid downloader add-on. Not sure if it applies to these though but worth a try. You get much better quality too if choose high res, if you have the Gbytes to spare. Considering the outrageious rip-off telstra monopoly perpetrates in Oz - in other countries you get unlimited downloads with standard internet services.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somebody

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
I go with Spintel here in the Marsh, which gives me unlimited downloads on an NBN speed of 2.5 megabytes per second (MB/s). I get about 3 MB/s downloading off youtube using a program called Internet Download Manager, but with these links above, you would have to change some parts of the links as Telstra went and moved ALL videos to another server, and then deleted them completely. I can download off youtube now, but I used to download videos off a cricket channel, that has since closed its doors. I believe it is illegal to talk about private trackers on here, but if anyone is interested in cricket (who is not, but some might prefer frisbee?) then give this one a try

http://www.jimpson.blogspot.com

Myself and the bloke collaborated on bringing majority of the cricket from acrossthetasman to google drive. It really is quite a treat.

Again on this Telstra business, do not even get me started. I began accumulating AFL and NRL footage after the 2010 flag, when they had opened aussiett, but the guys were dicks over there, and as it happened, karma closed them down. Telstra as I said moved everything to a new server, and since I have looked, they have deleted all of it, with only the "images" for a lack of better word, left over. So what I mean is, on youtube you can open up a video, and it plays yadda yadda, but then when say you have a download manager like IDM or Streaming Star's HiDownload (recommend for the older links), it comes up with a file smaller than a megabyte (what the f**k right?). So that is how I know the original files have been removed.

Unfortunately the quality of THESE videos does not change. It is why I brought some of them on DVD, and picked some of them up for free due to a Name A Game f**k up a few years back. Someone brought the DVDs, but they had my address on file, and they sent them to me. Whoops! I was a good boy and sent them back though, after copying them of course ;)

I stress for anyone that has no time to store these games, with space (hard drives are expensive) or internet (id est the download limit conundrum) limitations, then use VLC for those links. Anyone is free to PM me about how the formatting of the links works to download the games, however Klim may have informed Spiral_Out on the new link system, because bloody hell (can I say that? Too late I guess) the blokes have done some wonderful work on the more recent games. Means IFF my wife let me get a massive hard drive, which would probably be a desktop computer, I would be stockpiling these games and throwing away the key. Cannot rely on portable drives these days. Either big desktop, or a seedbox.

Speaking of seedboxes, if anyone is interested in the earlier games I have from 1999-2001, and the games missing from the 2007 links I will be posting, which I have on DVD, I will try and link them to my seedbox, and upload the DVD files.

P.S. stay away from Telstra if you know whats good for you guys. They have completely monopolised the AFL and NRL as Somebody said, and it breaks my heart to see them make you pay for games that only go back to last year. What is even the point anymore? Bugger off I say! :thumbsdown:

Yes it's pretty low res but you can always see the ball (except when in the air against the crowd) unlike the low res setting on afl vids which I guess is butchered with compression, so it's worth watching unlike the latter.

Somebody

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not collingwood video but very relevant coz it was when Dawks were knocked out of 4peat contention - by Bullies who will win the big one this year!

YOu can download the whole thing in firefox using the Ant vid downloader add-on

Hey Spiral_Out

It's only been just over two weeks since the conclusion of the footy season, but I've well and truly used and abused this thread! I've got plenty to keep me occupied, so thanks again for all your efforts.

Just curious though, I'm sure you've probably got more appealing things to do, but I was wondering when we might see some videos from pre-2010.

Two that spring to mind that I was hoping to watch, but later learnt happened in 2008 and 2009 were Paul Medhurst's medal winning performance on Anzac Day in 08, and Dane Swan's 49 disposal game against Port some time in 2009.

Any chance something might be on the cards for the near future? Thanks again!

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Spiral_Out

It's only been just over two weeks since the conclusion of the footy season, but I've well and truly used and abused this thread! I've got plenty to keep me occupied, so thanks again for all your efforts.

Just curious though, I'm sure you've probably got more appealing things to do, but I was wondering when we might see some videos from pre-2010.

Two that spring to mind that I was hoping to watch, but later learnt happened in 2008 and 2009 were Paul Medhurst's medal winning performance on Anzac Day in 08, and Dane Swan's 49 disposal game against Port some time in 2009.

I know I'm not Spiral_Out and I know these aren't the games you mentioned but I went on a bit of an upload spree tonight and put up six "classic" games onto YouTube from a box set I bought at JB Hi-Fi the other day. We win every one of them, of course :) Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Edit: the last one won't embed so it's in the next post

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
We all know and love this match. It's probably in the OP somewhere but here it is on YouTube in full for the first time.

And for good measure here's my Top 50 Goals video which is sitting on about 225k views currently!

Spiral_Out

Team Captain
Mar 3, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Spiral_Out

I can post links to these games but the quality is horrible, been hunting around and can't find better quality so we have to settle for poor.

I'll get around to it eventually.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
A couple of rippers for you all, one that we've all seen many times and one that some of you probably haven't. I'm tipping many of us have the 1990 grand final on VHS/DVD (I'm one of them) but if not then I've uploaded it to YouTube, including the presentation ceremony post-match.

The second video is also the 1990 Grand Final but features a "grand final recall" style commentary overlay from Shawry, Chrisso and Monky twenty years after the victory reminiscing on the day. A very amusing watch and it's great to see the game from a different perspective.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone know how i might be able to get access to replays from 2008? Cheers
mmsh://wm9vodvip.bigpond.com/wh_ivideo/AFL/ONDEMAND/2008/ON/iVideo/Premiership/RD10/NV_Rd10_CollingwoodVWestCoastEagles.wmv
Should play in VLC Player

Replace R10 with whatever round
Place Home/Away Teams in same format

Remove this Banner Ad

Back