List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

So my immediate response is no for a couple of reasons.

As others have said, he is absolutely on the juice now and the fact Fox Footy did an article this week about him seemingly ignorant of the fact that it's near impossible for someone to blow up like that with 8 months of being out of an AFL program completely natty is laughable.

Second, he is on record as saying he thinks Sandy Hook was a conspiracy. We don't need cookers like that in the club.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He’s 27 and we need youth, not blokes who’ll be out of the system soon anyway. His drug usage isn’t what we want.

Prag, I’ve told you many times Rhys does not actually believe Sandy Hook is a conspiracy and he came out at the time about it. Poor cut by Brisbane.

I know it comes down to luck, but we've been the shiftiest bastards in terms of trading. We won the flag in 2023, so the runs are on the board. WHE for a second, Hill for a second, Lipinski for minimum chips, Cameron for minimum chips, Crisp as a bonus, Billy Frampton for a nothing pick, Howe for Kennedy and Seedsman. Taking on Mitchell from a Hawthorn salary dump where they are chipping in.

Then there's plucking Mihocek from the state leagues, Noble who is handy. Salary dumping Adams, Grundy, Treloar, Phillips, Stephenson, Aish.

I've mentioned nine players bolded who in terms of salary they'd be getting unders I would have thought. And this is the reason why we have won the flag and are in the hunt in 2024 with a big chance and yet we have a war chest that is causing all sorts of angst from opposition supporters.

Yet at the time of trading we always seems overly generous. Shifty bastards I'd say.

The Shultz/Ginnivan pick shuffle might turn out pretty good too!
Would Murphy, Ginnivan and Leggy be three more to add to your list of paying unders in a premiership team?

We'd have to wait until at least 2026 by the time warriors Howe, Sidey and Pendles would've retired
Correct, the only chance of any club getting him out of WC is when he’s out of contract and we should be talking to him now so he doesn’t sign a contract extension
By the time he’s out of contract we will likely be in a rebuilding phase, have space in the cap and high end draft picks
Pairing him up with Naicos, we will have the two best young mids in the comp to build around

Would Murphy, Ginnivan and Leggy be three more to add to your list of paying unders in a premiership team?
Murphy was neither over or under. He played two good seasons and won a flag. Without injury, probably would have been more.

Ginni, yes. Leggy, yes given he was free.

Murphy was neither over or under. He played two good seasons and won a flag. Without injury, probably would have been more.

Ginni, yes. Leggy, yes given he was free.
True with Murphy. But selection 39 is a good pick for an eventual key/premiership player.

I'm just throwing this out there
Would it be worth us going to north Melbourne and asking if they would trade 2 of our older experience players for a young kid, they need the leadership to help guide them and we need another good young kid

Would it be worth us going to north Melbourne and asking if they would trade 2 of our older experience players for a young kid, they need the leadership to help guide them and we need another good young kid
Who would you have in mind?

What veteran would voluntarily go to lose matches, though?

On the right coin they might. Look at some that went to GC. Maybe that’s more a lifestyle thing come to think of it.
The coin is a reason. Perhaps a coaching gig or leadership role would entice. Still, North are a basket case en route to the next Harley Reid with no direction. Playing under Clarko is becoming less of an incentive when they dish up performances like they did today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would be a really handy pickup I reckon. Cameron is so good marking around the ground, which would allow for the duo to work. Unlikely, but nonetheless hopeful
Moyle only works as a replacement for Cameron. He can’t offer what Cox did yesterday which is what we’ll need from him over circa 3-5 years until Cameron nears the end. The key to replacing Cox is finding a 200cm guy that can mark and is reasonably mobile. I’ve mentioned previously that Thilthorpe is that guy, but I doubt we’d be in on him. We could throw a stupid offer at Lord or Neale to see if it sticks I’m just not sure that they’d give us the immediate spike we’d want.

Correct, the only chance of any club getting him out of WC is when he’s out of contract and we should be talking to him now so he doesn’t sign a contract extension
By the time he’s out of contract we will likely be in a rebuilding phase, have space in the cap and high end draft picks
Pairing him up with Naicos, we will have the two best young mids in the comp to build around

Where are we getting the three early first round draft picks that we’d need to pay WCE for him?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
See comment above… talking by the end of 2026 not make it happen this year
Sure we don’t know where we will finish the 2026 season but I would think it’s more likely we will be toward the bottom in a rebuilding phase and could be holding pick 2

These days players nominate their destination and clubs can only use what they have and it usually gets done
If we hold pick 10 plus F1 and throw in a 2nd it would likely get done

I’d love to land [Bailey smith, but not sure how we’d pull that off considering we gave up our first round pick for Schultz

Moyle only works as a replacement for Cameron. He can’t offer what Cox did yesterday which is what we’ll need from him over circa 3-5 years until Cameron nears the end. The key to replacing Cox is finding a 200cm guy that can mark and is reasonably mobile. I’ve mentioned previously that Thilthorpe is that guy, but I doubt we’d be in on him. We could throw a stupid offer at Lord or Neale to see if it sticks I’m just not sure that they’d give us the immediate spike we’d want.

Cameron has shown he can go Forward and Kick a Goal or 2

Cameron has shown he can go Forward and Kick a Goal or 2
He has, but he’s a much better ruckman than fwd to the point that he should be in the discussion for an AA ruck role when the panel next meets. Moyle isn’t taking that from him anytime soon considering he can’t push past Witts who is inferior to 2024 Cameron.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back