List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think its more about that both our vfl rucks are injured atm, so low on depth.

But Oscar will be back in about 7-8 weeks
We don’t recruit in the MSD for VFL back up.
Recruit for need in the AFL.
Key back or forward.

Why would we target a ruck when we already have Cameron and Cox?
Fly said during the week that we might be targeting a ruck/ forward. Nothing definitive but we have no ruck for the VFL side. I don't think they want to mess with the side because Frampton is the logical choice if we lose one of our ruckman and They value him in defence too much now. Krueger could be another option but no one knows how he'll hold up

He had a GPA at college of 3.9/4 which is crazy.

Pretty sure coming to play AFL was a potential pay cut in the first season and I think since playing, he's interned in Australia in the field. His future post-playing is media and promotional works because he's one of the most marketable AFL players. His podcast is really his springboard into the media and it's working well.
And the greatest reward of all? He is now an Australian Citizen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ruck is a much more pressing need than key back. Cameron or Cox go down and we’re in a heap of trouble
We'll be fine in the ruck if one of them goes down - it's the tall target ahead of the ball that the second ruck gives us that we'd miss as we don't have a healthy KPF.

We'll be fine in the ruck if one of them goes down - it's the tall target ahead of the ball that the second ruck gives us that we'd miss as we don't have a healthy KPF.
I agree. We seem to value a tall target that doesn't get out marked much but brings the ball to ground, and with good reason. Carlton is the classic example of how having dominant forwards can be more detrimental than good. They demand the ball too much and it makes their forward entries too predictable. If you think of coxy and Cameron, they don't get outmarked much and more than often bring the ball to ground. Geelong are aware of this and they play Hawkins close to goal and Cameron plays very high HF. If Carlton had any brains, they would do the same with Curnow up the ground, but don't tell Voss I said that

Battle more likely than anyone.

Yeo is injured too often. Just don’t think we should target blokes who are injured too much.
Agree Yeo would be a big roll of the dice. He’d be the type of player you’d nurse through the season, give him plenty of breaks which gets games into our younger brigade, then get him cherry ripe for finals. He has been prone to soft-tissue injuries, so it’s a high risk high reward type of proposition, but if our medicos believe they have a novel RMP that West Coast may not have tried…. I dunno, his best is that good, and his best in a final series could be the difference in winning another flag.

We have Krueger and AJ who we aren't currently playing. Mihocek to return soon and McStay tracking for July.

Question will be whether there's a tall in the draft that is likely to be selected ahead of Krueger or AJ as a backup.

We're one of the teams that have actually ended up using and holding onto some MSD picks. Think we'll be looking less at the very immediate situation and more at the quality of the players whether tall or not, giving us the best chance of selecting a player who may at some point get a game.

We have Krueger and AJ who we aren't currently playing. Mihocek to return soon and McStay tracking for July.

Question will be whether there's a tall in the draft that is likely to be selected ahead of Krueger or AJ as a backup.

We're one of the teams that have actually ended up using and holding onto some MSD picks. Think we'll be looking less at the very immediate situation and more at the quality of the players whether tall or not, giving us the best chance of selecting a player who may at some point get a game.
We were counting some unhatched chickens when we declared MSD as being a really good avenue for us. Noble was a great get. But with Begg, Carmichael and AJ as the other 3, it's looking like 25% so far, which is good for MSD. With SSP, unless you've got a very early pick and there's a loate developer, I wouldn't bother with it other than emergency cover like I think we need to do this year.

You're setting the bar low - Murley, Draper and McMahon our only recruiting misses of recent years.
Talking the MSD is a different situation. You're sifting through the dregs looking for anyone that can help. Getting a game is a pass. Getting games on a team challenging for finals, a bigger pass. Even staying on the list for multiple years is a tick.

Noble and AJ have been definite wins for mine. Carmichael gave us some decent service, but didn't work out. Begg only played as backup.

Talking the MSD is a different situation. You're sifting through the dregs looking for anyone that can help. Getting a game is a pass. Getting games on a team challenging for finals, a bigger pass. Even staying on the list for multiple years is a tick.

Noble and AJ have been definite wins for mine. Carmichael gave us some decent service, but didn't work out. Begg only played as backup.
That's why it should only be used sparingly. We're unlikely to pick up a bloke for 6 months, so it uses a list spot the following year the same way that picking blokes up by other means does - so I'd judge them the same.

That's why it should only be used sparingly. We're unlikely to pick up a bloke for 6 months, so it uses a list spot the following year the same way that picking blokes up by other means does - so I'd judge them the same.
I'm not sure of the commitment that's made, but have seen other teams cut their MSD picks the same year.

Agree we don't need to use it unless we believe there's a player that can help. So far all picks have played and lasted on the list for multiple years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back