List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You're they guy who thinks Paddy Dow the 7 years in the system yet to establish himself and at his second club is better than Finn & Reef. I'm surprised you're still showing your face after that howler and it was a howler, let's be honest and a real credibility killer.
Sorry but over the top claims like this don't really help. As it stands Dows record is ahead of Reef and Fin. To say its a howler doesnt help discussion. Hopefully Reef and Fin go past Dow at some stage but at this point that clearly hasnt happened.

Sorry but over the top claims like this don't really help. As it stands Dows record is ahead of Reef and Fin. To say its a howler doesnt help discussion. Hopefully Reef and Fin go past Dow at some stage but at this point that clearly hasnt happened.
Not over the top at all, is Paddy still at Carlton? Dow has done bugger all at senior level and after 7 years in the system and if we're going on 2024 performances the Collingwood boys are well ahead, what a strange take you've decided to post and wrong.

Not over the top at all, is Paddy still at Carlton? Dow has done bugger all at senior level and after 7 years in the system and if we're going on 2024 performances the Collingwood boys are well ahead, what a strange take you've decided to post and wrong.
Paddy hasnt done much I agree, he will likely go out of the system with less than 100 games and be known just as a soldier, borderline at best. Now Reef or Fin may go past him with time but there is no way you can argue that has occurred yet. Dow has 70+ AFL games to his credit.

P.S you do know Dow has been injured since pre season and played his 1st VFL match for 2024 this week. Nothing to compare in 2024 performances between them.

I think they were all mostly correct and we over paid.
I think I will wait until the end of the season to make that judgement. If Schultz kicks 30 and applies a stack of pressure and only costs us pick 24 and pick 34 then I'm good with that. If it costs us pick 10 and 34 then I'm less happy.
However the post was more about the accuracy of the predictions and how inaccurate our board is when predicting what trades will cost.

I should’ve pulled back. Carl’s invested deep into this one, I’ve made my point which has been universally supported and poking the bear isn’t helping…

It's also wildly inaccurate to suggest that after the top 25, it's all bust.

I'd put the number at the end of the second round which usually is around forty. Last year, it was Pick 44. Maybe the quality dropped off before, maybe it didn't.

Even if after pick 25, it was all nothing, clubs still won't be stupid enough to throw away valuable DVI picks when there are clubs that will want them for more.
There's no point where it suddenly drops off. There are players that make it taken at all points of the draft, but the percentages drop off gradually.

there's tentacles there also, keep away for your own sanity
See usually Carl’s a dismissive one and done type so this one is not on point and why I’ve probably kept being sucked back into the train wreck. They must seriously rate the two as prospects which is absolutely fine and whilst I’m not living in that space I can at least acknowledge that not all kids come on like Naicos, but jeez at some point you have to realise that your own internal rating is not reflective of a market…

I suspect you’re right.

I’d just be looking at those that are starved of opportunity but look like they are playing above the level at VFL and in a position of real need. For me the two that stand out are Moyle and then Max Gruzewski at the Giants.

You’re always looking for top end talent so that’s where Bailey Smith comes in.

Then role players potentially open to returning to VIC. If our defenders look short eg we have concerns on Dean and Eyre then I’m looking at someone like Worrell at the Crows.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agreed if we were to make some changes to the list I think Gruzewski, Moyle, Worrell would all be great for a second pick. I would also add Busslinger. I watched a dogs VFL game recently and Croft is playing in the back line and playing quite well.

Bulldogs need to share the love.

Agreed if we were to make some changes to the list I think Gruzewski, Moyle, Worrell would all be great for a second pick. I would also add Busslinger. I watched a dogs VFL game recently and Croft is playing in the back line and playing quite well.

I wouldn't be against all 4 players coming over. I would like another gun midfielder also

Today's Herald Sun website states we are one of 4 Victorian clubs (us, StK, Ess and Geelong) pursuing McClugage. They indicate it would cost $1.3m to prise him out of Brisbane.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is that per year?, because I don't think he's worth that. I know we are interested in him and with good reason but he has flaws

Today's Herald Sun website states we are one of 4 Victorian clubs (us, StK, Ess and Geelong) pursuing McClugage. They indicate it would cost $1.3m to prise him out of Brisbane.

We’ve got a warchest, might as well use it…. But IMO I think he stays at Brisbane, but I think he could really shine being the lead man at another club, Clug, JDG, Nick is a solid inside mid trio.

At the Lions he’s stuck behind Neale and Dunkley and is constantly moved between inside mid and wing

Essendon and St Kilda always seem to be in these discussions, is it becuase they always pay well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the cap is increasing, but that’s still best in the comp money. I rate him, he’d be great for us, not that price… not so sure. Issue being then the others on the list start asking for more..

Is that per year?, because I don't think he's worth that. I know we are interested in him and with good reason but he has flaws
Unfortunately it is per year. But there is a mark up to prise him out of Brisbane. Based on nothing but being from South Warrnambool they feel if he did leave Geelong may appeal to him

Craig McRae on Finn who apparently is woth nothing. Must not know what he's talking about.

Craig McRae on Finn who apparently is woth nothing. Must not know what he's talking about.
Go and look up recent trades instead of dying on this hill. What did we give for lippa? What did Carlton give up for acres? Fin and reef have no trade value that would make it worth trading. We’d be offered third rounders at best

How can Geelong offer him that much money. Must be the new Carlton with it's cap.

Yep I think you could add Busslinger to that mix. How Dean and Eyre go in the back half of the season will be critical in our list management discussions I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know the cap is increasing, but that’s still best in the comp money. I rate him, he’d be great for us, not that price… not so sure. Issue being then the others on the list start asking for more..
I agree that he is not worth that unless you can front load his contract so that overall you are paying 1.3 million a year for a few years you are then paying only 900k-1M for the remainder of the contract. Going forward I see the 1.3 million the same as the old school 1 million dollar a year contract was 5 years ago. 1.3 looks crazy money but with the new cap increases every team will be able to afford one of these sort of contracts.

Do you reckon he stops coaching when he does a press conference? He's encouraging his player in a public forum. A real sign of how much Mcrae rates him would be by actually picking him.

Do you reckon he stops coaching when he does a press conference? He's encouraging his player in a public forum. A real sign of how much Mcrae rates him would be by actually picking him.

Not just picking him, but actually giving him a decent block of games NOT as the sub

Remove this Banner Ad

Back