List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes - didn't mean to come across as writing him off, just think he is a bit off senior impact.
I agree, but given he was one of the youngest in his draft year, developmentally he's a little behind some other players.
If he and TJ come on as we hope, we'll have our next generation running, rebounding half back line.

I know it’s rehashing last year but thought it was interesting. Anyone catch Tay on the unlaced podcast?

'I don't have any hard feelings about it'. Hmm, based on the rest of the interview, I suspect you do Taylor. Sounds a bit to me that someone needed a cuddle and didn't get it.

'I don't have any hard feelings about it'. Hmm, based on the rest of the interview, I suspect you do Taylor. Sounds a bit to me that someone needed a cuddle and didn't get it.

Fly didnt have the hard convo with him guys. Even though someone was shopping themselves around pre GF. What an absolute flog. Always came across massively selfish, this just sets it in stone. For someones story to change that much in 8 months and still talking about it now, clearly has hard feelings

Inside mid - several waiting for opportunities - our gun midfield has starved them of opportunities.
KPF - what’s wrong with McStay
3rd defender- Eyre, Dean
Ruck - Steene is very promising
Runner - why are you writing off DeMattia , and Ryan
So unproven talent and the type of inside mids we have waiting are not crash and bash that we need. Aka Adams and Mitchell types. Macrea plays a different game to them.

Mihocek is 33, McStay is a 25 to 30 goals year player coming off an ACL turning 29 so also in the back end of his career.

3rd defender Dean maybe a potential to replace Murphy role, but not Howes.

Steene has mixed reviews.

Demattia came as a mid they develop him there they may not.

Ryan hasn't shown much to date to say he will still be on the list in 12 months let alone take Nicks role on as a running HB distributor or even Crisps break the lines role with speed and power running.
I'm not even sure he has the athletic tools in his kitbag, seems a bit one paced to my eye.

Maybe Markov reminds his form in the interim, but long term you should have a couple options developing to increase odds.

Or we poach a mature proven candidate.

I think midfield and key positions is what we should focus on. I think Demattia and TJ will come along nicely soon. Not super worried about KPF when McStay returns.

McCluggage & Taylor would be unbelievable gets - even just one would be huge. Smith would be very good too. 2/3 of those and we're laughing. There are older guys too (Yeo, Haynes), but unsure about their bodies holding up.

Long term kpf is my concern not 2025/26 perse.

They are hard to develop and even harder to poach due to the rarity of actual good ones and competition from other clubs see T.Lynch and J.Cameron failed bids.

I did forget about TJ and his promising reports on him. Howe role hopefully sorted.

Yeo is WA local not sure he'll leave WC nor do I think they can afford to lose any senior talent in thier rebuild phase need him to teach the youth.

Are we linked to Taylor? So that is Moore and Taylor KPD, replacing kill bill who has had a good year to date?

Imo the other end is far more in need of that star power kpp.

I.agine if Miho was a 3rd tall rather then taking the best defender every week. He'd kick 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez can still see a lot of hurt in those eyes.

Gotta feel for him, Treloar and Grundy they genuinely loved being at the club.
Yep

What massive mis-management in regards to Grundy.
At the time of re-signing, should have told him how much we wanted to retain him but our cap indicates we could afford to pay him $$ - this them allows Grundy to make an informed decision and it protects the club. He stays, great, he leaves, sad, but we get good compo and protect our cap.

Adams: I see how much he loves the club but I'm having trouble reconciling all the different print and TV/online interviews - the information and timelines don't always correspond.
I don't care when he decided, what he was told, I'd just prefer a consistent story and one that was the truth.

Edit: and the Trloar mis-management. What the hell were we thinking with dollar amounts / years on all these deals?!

But again, I know it caused tremors pain to these players but shedding their salaries was essential.
99% Club fault, but the individuals also needed to understand the implications;ications of these deals on our cap.

Yep

At the time of re-signing, should have told him how much we wanted to retain him but our cap indicates we could afford to pay him $$ - this them allows Grundy to make an informed decision and it protects the club. He stays, great, he leaves, sad, but we get good compo and protect our cap.

Adams: I see how much he loves the club but I'm having trouble reconciling all the different print and TV/online interviews - the information and timelines don't always correspond.
I don't care when he decided, what he was told, I'd just prefer a consistent story and one that was the truth.

Edit: and the Trloar mis-management. What the hell were we thinking with dollar amounts / years on all these deals?!

But again, I know it caused tremors pain to these players but shedding their salaries was essential.
99% Club fault, but the individuals also needed to understand the implications;ications of these deals on our cap.
IIRC Treloar agreed to back end his contract to help out, but the club f**ked up big time.
The Grundy contract was mostly Ed's doing - we could have gotten a couple of first round picks for him.

Yep

The decision to exit out of these poor decisions resulted in an almost immediate premiership so little point ruing mistakes of the past that are already well documented.

Yep

On Adams, he was in negotiations with Sydney mid season. People can bang on about his loyalty but I know for a fact that his manager was shopping him around 6 months before he left. Grundy is in the 1m dollar pay bracket, he's not worth anywhere near that and to this day, he's still milking the system for every cent, which is fine and he's entitled to do that. covid ****ed up our SC so Treloar had to go. I am 100% behind the decisions made both by us and the players involved. We won a flag without them and that's all that matters really

We ironically owe our premiership to Grundy Treloar Beams and Eddie. The clean out and quick recovery both on and off field (coaching and admin) is due to the strength of the club and its committed resolve to get its house in order.

Adams and Ginni were just the next in line.
Ginni had to go for cultural reasons.

Adams didn't want to play in the role that was best for the team. We moved on.

Long term kpf is my concern not 2025/26 perse.

They are hard to develop and even harder to poach due to the rarity of actual good ones and competition from other clubs see T.Lynch and J.Cameron failed bids.

I did forget about TJ and his promising reports on him. Howe role hopefully sorted.

Yeo is WA local not sure he'll leave WC nor do I think they can afford to lose any senior talent in thier rebuild phase need him to teach the youth.

Are we linked to Taylor? So that is Moore and Taylor KPD, replacing kill bill who has had a good year to date?

Imo the other end is far more in need of that star power kpp.

I.agine if Miho was a 3rd tall rather then taking the best defender every week. He'd kick 50.
Long term key talls are tricky. They're probably the hardest junior talents to get right (see all those top picks who have flopped), and everyone wants to give the good ones big coin.

I think McStay & Checkers gets us to the end of 2026 - Checkers is as good as he's ever been, and McStay was really gelling in the 2nd half of last season.

TJ looks good to me. Parker showed a heap in his first game in yonks, which is intriguing.

I don't think Yeo is an actual option specifically, just that he's one of those rumoured.

We're apparently linked to Taylor, if loosely. Billy could go into a forward/ruck role alongside Mihocek & McStay.

In the dream scenario of S.Taylor coming across as the best defender in the comp who literally intercept marks everything, then, Taylor and Billy as your key defensive posts allows Moore to go forward and give us some real potency ahead of the ball.

I personally also like the move of AJ into defence as a potential Howe replacement.

Long term key talls are tricky. They're probably the hardest junior talents to get right (see all those top picks who have flopped), and everyone wants to give the good ones big coin.

I think McStay & Checkers gets us to the end of 2026 - Checkers is as good as he's ever been, and McStay was really gelling in the 2nd half of last season.

TJ looks good to me. Parker showed a heap in his first game in yonks, which is intriguing.

I don't think Yeo is an actual option specifically, just that he's one of those rumoured.

We're apparently linked to Taylor, if loosely. Billy could go into a forward/ruck role alongside Mihocek & McStay.

Yeah Billy as a ruck depth can work not sure on his forward nouse however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back