List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He goes at 1.8 goal career wise but in 2022 was 2.5 which put him 6th in the comp and 2023 2.4 which was 8th.

Just for perspective the last time Collingwood had a player who could do do better than 1.8 in a career was big Sav. Anthony went at 1.7 and Trav 1.8.

Some of the current players in the 1.8-2.0 career wise would be Hogan, Harry Mackay, Max King, Daniher, B King, Larkey. Brodie is our best 1.7

1.8 goals a game career wise is excellent
Trav and Ant went at more than that when playing FF. For a lot of their careers it was a more old style CHF role.

But agree, he's a good player and would suit us.

Can play HBF, plays through the middle and is Sydney's 3rd forward. Good mark and decent kick. Can run. Has kicked 15.5 against quality opposition this year

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That doesn't really go against anything I've seen - jack of all trades type

Trav and Ant went at more than that when playing FF. For a lot of their careers it was a more old style CHF role.

But agree, he's a good player and would suit us.
Thats true. Its more to say you have to go back a fair while to find us with a forward that can score 2 goals a game. I think it often gets rattled off when a trade is done "he should be good to a couple of goals a game" without people realising a couple of goals a game is elite in the modern game

Doubling down on wanting Josh Battle. He's currently 2nd behind Luke Ryan for marks taken this season -ahead of McKay, Curnow, May, etc. StK threw him forward yesterday and he kicked 2 goals. He's a UFA, so a free hit for us. Still hasn't signed a new contract with Saints.
Shouldn’t cost a hell of a lot compared to other players too, that swingman quality is crucial… hopefully some Saints players get fed up and want to leave

Can play HBF, plays through the middle and is Sydney's 3rd forward. Good mark and decent kick. Can run. Has kicked 15.5 against quality opposition this year

He's a very good footballer. I think we chase guys for specific roles. If we were chasing him, I'd suspect it'd be to play as a Dunkley style mid to replace Pendles.

He's a very good footballer. I think we chase guys for specific roles. If we were chasing him, I'd suspect it'd be to play as a Dunkley style mid to replace Pendles.
Are we talking about the same Hayward??? Has he ever shown any capacity to do so? He has never gone over 20 touches once in his entire career!

Are we talking about the same Hayward??? Has he ever shown any capacity to do so? He has never gone over 20 touches once in his entire career!
He has been playing majority HFF because of Sydney's glut of midfielders. Averaging 1.2 goals a game. Has also played off HB and midfield. 186cms tall. A slighter older version of Max Holmes. Holmes plays off HB through the midfield. Hayward plays HF through midfield. Sydney's 3rd forward

I'm just spitballing a reason why we might chase him. He's a very good player, but doesn't seem our type as a flanker. Are there rumours?

He has been playing majority HFF because of Sydney's glut of midfielders. Averaging 1.2 goals a game. Has also played off HB and midfield. 186cms tall. A slighter older version of Max Holmes. Holmes plays off HB through the midfield. Hayward plays HF through midfield. Sydney's 3rd forward

If Hayward plays as much midfield as claimed, then he must be allergic to the footy because he just does not touch it

If Hayward plays as much midfield as claimed, then he must be allergic to the footy because he just does not touch it
Sydney is quite different to us in terms of philosophy of roles. Horse throws the magnets around. It's the kind of club where we could see a player of value for a particular role from snippets in that role. I doubt we'd chase him as a forward, but another role we might

He isn't getting much midfield. He would like more midfield time but Sydney has a glut. Pointless discussion as Blues have reportedly offered 5 years at $800k. Reportedly replacing Jack Martin at seasons end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd give him 500k for 4 years, maybe 600k
Given as it sits today he is currently 10th on the AFL goalkicking and the average AFL wage, which was $387K in 2022 will be $519K in 2027 you are going well unders.

Would love to pair Nick w another young gun for the next 10 years
Players like Reid and JHF are the dream but the trade cost would do to us what it did to Carlton to get Judd
Theyre the type of player you have to have a high pick for…unless there’s a Swan-type that falls to pick 56

Really hope we’re able to bring in some young talent at the of the year (whether trade or draft) and add some quality that hasn’t quite put it together yet via RFA

…and of course a jet via FA

He isn't getting much midfield. He would like more midfield time but Sydney has a glut. Pointless discussion as Blues have reportedly offered 5 years at $800k. Reportedly replacing Jack Martin at seasons end

I'm happy for them to overpay another middle of the pack flanker :p

that is crazy money for a role player
Its not Haywards choice to be a role player. Jordan Dawson was a role player at Sydney playing HFF as he couldn't break into their midfield. He went to Adelaide to play midfield and has never looked back. Carlton obviously think Hayward will be great at both because as you said crazy money fir a role player

Doubling down on wanting Josh Battle. He's currently 2nd behind Luke Ryan for marks taken this season -ahead of McKay, Curnow, May, etc. StK threw him forward yesterday and he kicked 2 goals. He's a UFA, so a free hit for us. Still hasn't signed a new contract with Saints.
Howe replacement?

Grab Battle this year as FA, LDU next year.

Smith not a FA. So what trade currency do we have? They'd want a 1st rounder (don't have one and isn't there a limit to how many futures you can trade) and a player.
Which player is trade potential and has currency?
What they want and what they can get for an out of contract player coming off an ACL, after a down year, with known previous off field issues are two different things.

How the heck can the blues afford that contract with McKay, Curnow, Cripps, Walsh all on huge contracts and a bunch of other players like Saad and Williams on massive overs. Even without Martin it still seems like their cap should be bursting at the seams.

True but he has a lot if suitors. What can pies realistically put foward as a competitive offer?
See, this is the biggest misunderstanding that people have about the landscape these days. Players nominate a club, and then everyone else becomes irrelevant. It doesn’t matter how many suitors he has if he doesn’t want to go to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back