List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really thinking Cameron, but there is another ruck playing senior footy. In all seriousness though Bryan/ Moyle>>>>>any mature guy not on a list because that’s how much better they are than everyone else not at senior level. Pro scouting though Lobb is the one I’m open to.
I'm not convinced that we're wedded to two rucks. I think it's circumstances. Cox is our best option to play forward and ruck. Can these blokes play forward? Most rucks struggle. And would they go from one list to another without being a likely first ruck. I'd be happy with Lobb.

A brown paper bag must have gone missing at Carlton or it has been offered to Weitering. Earlier this week it wasreportd they had offered Hayward $750-800k now it is being reported 650-700k over 6 weeks.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wow $650k over 6 weeks would make him a $5.2m /year player! That’s a mountain of brown paper bags.

2103c2b0683349a5ebfc197ca3f47d23.jpg

e448e710eda9474392f2ffbe65da5dbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2103c2b0683349a5ebfc197ca3f47d23.jpg

e448e710eda9474392f2ffbe65da5dbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s interesting. So we can theoretically sign him while he’s still at College playing ball in the US?

where do we see Condon fitting in? Was at the club this week. Perhaps he’s the forward we’ve been after, maybe a Cox replacement?
If Condon is a Cox replacement I know what his nickname would be!

I'm not convinced that we're wedded to two rucks. I think it's circumstances. Cox is our best option to play forward and ruck. Can these blokes play forward? Most rucks struggle. And would they go from one list to another without being a likely first ruck. I'd be happy with Lobb.
I would be bringing in Lobb to replace Kreuger with the hope to move away from two “rucks” even though he is a short term solution. Moyle or Bryan would then be a replacement for Cox as opposed to Teakle (or any other mature state leaguer) who’s clearly inferior to the other two. If Begg is moved on that leaves 4 rucks in 2025 and a genuine fwd/ruck on the list with real flexibility to play a one or two ruck system. We then have 2025 to decide on what type is needed longer term to replace Cox and Lobb. Personally that’s a Thilthorpe or Darcy type* although the alternative is a Mitch Lewis this year if we have the collateral.

*type because those guys are genuine 50/50 rucks, IMO, and probably unobtainable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be bringing in Lobb to replace Kreuger with the hope to move away from two “rucks” even though he is a short term solution. Moyle or Bryan would then be a replacement for Cox as opposed to Teakle (or any other mature state leaguer) who’s clearly inferior to the other two. If Begg is moved on that leaves 4 rucks in 2025 and a genuine fwd/ruck on the list with real flexibility to play a one or two ruck system. We then have 2025 to decide on what type is needed longer term to replace Cox and Lobb. Personally that’s a Thilthorpe or Darcy type* although the alternative is a Mitch Lewis this year if we have the collateral.

*type because those guys are genuine 50/50 rucks, IMO, and probably unobtainable.
Sounds great, but what would you say if you were Moyle or Bryan's manager. If Moyle and Bryan are ready and just stuck behind their club's first ruck, why would they choose to move to be stuck behind Cameron?

Sounds great, but what would you say if you were Moyle or Bryan's manager. If Moyle and Bryan are ready and just stuck behind their club's first ruck, why would they choose to move to be stuck behind Cameron?
The ruck situation is a bit of a conundrum. I can see us not even bothering to get one next year. I reckon we'll back in our current talls and just manoeuvre them as required, especially next year. Hopefully Dean and Eyre come on and we will work around what we have. I like begg and maybe Steen. Not sure we can afford to waste a list spot on another developing ruck. Is Cox contracted for next year, because we might just back in what we have

The ruck situation is a bit of a conundrum. I can see us not even bothering to get one next year. I reckon we'll back in our current talls and just manoeuvre them as required, especially next year. Hopefully Dean and Eyre come on and we will work around what we have. I like begg and maybe Steen. Not sure we can afford to waste a list spot on another developing ruck. Is Cox contracted for next year, because we might just back in what we have
I don't see it as a ruck problem. I see it as a forward line problem. We'll be ok in the ruck if a ruck gets injured. But we're relying on a ruck as a tall target up forward. Who does that for us if a ruck gets injured. It's Freddy or messing with our defence.

I don't see it as a ruck problem. I see it as a forward line problem. We'll be ok in the ruck if a ruck gets injured. But we're relying on a ruck as a tall target up forward. Who does that for us if a ruck gets injured. It's Freddy or messing with our defence.
Yeah, good point. Apparently Fly said that we would be looking to add a ruck or forward in a couple of weeks. I won't be building myself up though because if it doesn't transpire, I'm not sure I can handle the fall.

The young Victorian ruck at Port Adelaide Vissentini looked very impressive last week. From the Nick Daicos draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back