List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It was probably pretty obvious when they had said MCL & PCL too, wasn't it?

I thought we'd already assumed we got the extra msd spot as soon as he limped off 😆
yeah, it wasn't pretty seeing it live limping off. You knew at the time, whatever it was, it was on the longer term.

I didn’t actually watch it. Point is, both yourself and Fox Footy have reported that he’s out for the season before Wade all but confirmed it.
Yes. I imagine they had some idea last week, but wanted to wait for some more reviews to get to what exactly is the issue.

We don't need a ruck.
Areas of need
Tall KPFD maybe 2
Mids to replace Pendles and Side B
Small lead up foward to replace Elliot
Winger with pace
As back up players:
We have Dean and Eyre as KPD. Maybe a forward but we do okay with a smaller forward line.
For mids we have Sully, MacCrae and Bytel (played as an inside mid at the saints) as back ups to Daicos, Mitchell, Pendlebury and Crisp
Small lead up forwards: We have lots of these. Sure none mark like Elliott but McCreery, Harrison, Richards all look capable, not to mention Schultz and Hill.
Winger with pace could be McCreery, Richards (he is not just a small forward in my eyes) or just Mr Fix it, WHE.

To be honest we need a ruck to replace Cox who will be 33 next year to work with Cameron. Begg isn't at AFL level and Steene is a few years away from being ready.
Apart from that I just want best available.

As back up players:
We have Dean and Eyre as KPD. Maybe a forward but we do okay with a smaller forward line.
For mids we have Sully, MacCrae and Bytel (played as an inside mid at the saints) as back ups to Daicos, Mitchell, Pendlebury and Crisp
Small lead up forwards: We have lots of these. Sure none mark like Elliott but McCreery, Harrison, Richards all look capable, not to mention Schultz and Hill.
Winger with pace could be McCreery, Richards (he is not just a small forward in my eyes) or just Mr Fix it, WHE.

To be honest we need a ruck to replace Cox who will be 33 next year to work with Cameron. Begg isn't at AFL level and Steene is a few years away from being ready.
Apart from that I just want best available.
Yep, I think it's a no brainer that we just need a ruck. I'll be most disappointed if we don't select Teakle.

I reckon Mitchell's career is over
Also think we only take one pick in MSD

Should be teakle and if by some miracle blight

If we take a 2nd pick I say take Ned long

Cheers

Surely we go Teakle and Sof in the MSD?
Teakle had a shocker against the SANFL. Doyle easily accounted for him. Yeah, has some good numbers in the WAFL, half of his opponents have been average state league players so doesn’t mean much. Slid down boards.

I’d prefer Joe Pike who had 30 HOs for Geelong VFL and kicked 2 goals and is 19.

Sofrinidis won’t be back until late in the VFL season so we won’t select him. I think about the timeframe of Oscar Steene’s return.

I reckon Mitchell's career is over
Also think we only take one pick in MSD

Should be teakle and if by some miracle blight

If we take a 2nd pick I say take Ned long

Cheers
I’ll wait a little longer before declaring Mitchell’s career over. Good thing we have Sullivan.

See comments below about Teakle.

Blight, on the other hand, would be a good addition.

Long suffers from inaccuracy which is why he doesn’t have that much interest heading into the MSD.

As I've said before, what's the point? This hypothetical crisis may or may not happen.

Worst case scenario, Cox is solo rucking. Like we have Frampton, Johnson, Kreuger on the list who could ruck. We have McStay returning.
Johnson and Kreuger are not great options as back up rucks. Frampton is fine but he has been our best KPD this year and it is much better to keep him in the backline. I prefer we have a Teakle as AFL break glass in case of emergency back up. He will cost us 70K and I would hate to lose a chance at another premiership because we are not willing to spend that. He will also help develop our VFL boys as well and he plays well as a forward.
I believe that there is about 20% chance that we lose one of Cox or Cameron for as least a few games this year.
We have a list spot or 2 to use in the MSD. 1 spot should be used on a ruck/forward. The club has already said this is what they will do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, they could take Andrew Phillips. He’d give them immediate cover before they play the ruck merry-go-round at the end of the year.
He's ruled out a return. He's moved back to tassie and playing over there, but doesn't plan on coming out of retirement.

He's ruled out a return. He's moved back to tassie and playing over there, but doesn't plan on coming out of retirement.
Ah. He was discussed, playing for Lauderdale in their never ending quest for a flag.

Richmond will consider many players, Teakle just one.

Sadly he’s pretty bad as a Ruckman - so he’s not the solution.
Rucks are over-rated. He’s only needed to give Cameron a breather. However, given Begg and Steene are done, best available ruck is a no brainer (in case Cox and Cameron go down).
A FORWARD/Ruck is better than a RUCK/Forward… ie Leigh Brown. Josh Fraser was effectively ditched for Brown who was only a 5 minute chop-out for Jolly. For me, that’s the perfect set up.

Rucks are over-rated. He’s only needed to give Cameron a breather. However, given Begg and Steene are done, best available ruck is a no brainer (in case Cox and Cameron go down).
A FORWARD/Ruck is better than a RUCK/Forward… ie Leigh Brown. Josh Fraser was effectively ditched for Brown who was only a 5 minute chop-out for Jolly. For me, that’s the perfect set up.
And, when Fraser was leading the way and playing his best footy (his knee injury, representing Victoria ) he was doing most of the rucking with Anthony Rocca giving him a few minutes help.

Kreuger can’t Ruck - you only need to have watched his ineptitude in the VFL.
AJ is a better Ruckman.

We were counting some unhatched chickens when we declared MSD as being a really good avenue for us. Noble was a great get. But with Begg, Carmichael and AJ as the other 3, it's looking like 25% so far, which is good for MSD. With SSP, unless you've got a very early pick and there's a loate developer, I wouldn't bother with it other than emergency cover like I think we need to do this year.
It seems possible to find key forwards later in the draft.
Lewis Mitchell and Larkey were picks in the 70s.
Oscar Allen in the 20s.
Mihocek rookie listed.

Not a huge amount, but it's possible to find one.
I've never understood why our final pick in the draft isn't used on a key forward. Just need to look at certain traits such as competitiveness, and maybe a game or 2 when they showed they could take a contested mark. Nothing prolific, but maybe something that will come along with development and maturity. If it doesn't work, well it wasn't a great cost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back