List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I just read an article that said the Harley Reid is having a bit of a struggle with homesickness. The week off after they beat the Dees, he came back to see his family. Let's get into his head early and move his whole family to Collingwood now
Agree but what are you giving to get him Manic?
Blues sold their future getting Judd
I don't think we would have won in 2010 if he had picked us.

I see fox sports talks about us with bailey smith (obvious), hugh mcluggage (possibly every team looking at him) and maybe most surprising for me Josh Battle from Saints.

Any thoughts, especially re Battle?

Edit: Just to add Battle is a RFA as per below article.

Apologies if this has been discussed at length, as it was a bit hard to wade through all the previous discussion.

Interesting that they're mentioning that our first would have been important in securing him...
But it's basically a second...

I don' know why but firsts have cache no matter where they're located in the first round.

Agree but what are you giving to get him Manic?
Blues sold their future getting Judd
I don't think we would have won in 2010 if he had picked us.
That's an area I have no idea about, however we should be in a much better position in three years time to have a real crack

That's an area I have no idea about, however we should be in a much better position in three years time to have a real crack
Maybe...but it might also cost us good picks and good young players.
He's a generational talent no doubt, would we mortgage our team to get him.

I'm all in if the cost doesn't cripple us like it did Carlton.

Maybe...but it might also cost us good picks and good young players.
He's a generational talent no doubt, would we mortgage our team to get him.

I'm all in if the cost doesn't cripple us like it did Carlton.
Was is really crippling though? Deal was effectively Judd & Armfield for Kennedy, Masten & Tony Notte so hardly a back breaker for Carlton.

Good to see Harley laying the ground work for his move to us in a few years

It all depends on the price. We should have learned about the consequences of trading draft picks in pursuit of names. West Coast will sit back and let the most ridiculous offers flow in. He is their generational player, much the same as Daicos is ours.

No one player is ever worth selling the farm for. Sydney were lucky with Franklin he had 1000 goals but even he couldn’t net them a flag in the nine years of his monster deal. And that was with FA!

The cost would be picks and/or players. High end, good quality. Sure, we hear about the successful trades but there are many failures.

It all depends on the price. We should have learned about the consequences of trading draft picks in pursuit of names. West Coast will sit back and let the most ridiculous offers flow in. He is their generational player, much the same as Daicos is ours.

No one player is ever worth selling the farm for. Sydney were lucky with Franklin he had 1000 goals but even he couldn’t net them a flag in the nine years of his monster deal. And that was with FA!

The cost would be picks and/or players. High end, good quality. Sure, we hear about the successful trades but there are many failures.

If I was Wright/Bolton (assuming Wright even stays) I’d be definitely planning ahead picks wise for the end of 2026 to ensure we have what we need for if/when he nominates he wants to come home and chooses us

Jeremy Cameron was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year we chased Doedee. I'd be expecting us to chase Battle if he's available. You want a mature guy to play that Howe role.
Its not even about a role.

He's best 22 at saints and would immediately provide that 23-28 list position depth at worst.
RFA makes it a no brainer in my mind.

Its they only way we continue to refresh the list without draft capital.
On current form, he's an immediate upgrade on Dean & Eyre.

I'm all for best 22 capable players who can give 5+ years (starting immediately) rather than wasting list spots on players that don't provide anything for 3 years....who then might give 8-9 years.....or might not.

Interesting that they're mentioning that our first would have been important in securing him...
But it's basically a second...

I don' know why but firsts have cache no matter where they're located in the first round.
Just like HDM was a 'first rounder'.....taken midway through what is traditionally the 2nd round.
Almost the same place as Ryan, Reef, W. Kelly.

Hell, even Poulter, McMahon and McLarty were closer in picks to HDM actual pick than he was to being an actual 'first rounder'.....

In the media they have value....but i bet every pick (including futures) would be given an actual numerical value and this idea of "rounds" wouldn't be used much (apart from writing it down when submitting AFL forms!).

Was is really crippling though? Deal was effectively Judd & Armfield for Kennedy, Masten & Tony Notte so hardly a back breaker for Carlton.
I really think they’d have been better served moulding their team around Kennedy
Talk at the time it would have cost us picks and key young players that helped us win premiership (Brown Reid etc)
I’ll have 2010, they can have Judd

Just like HDM was a 'first rounder'.....taken midway through what is traditionally the 2nd round.
Almost the same place as Ryan, Reef, W. Kelly.

Hell, even Poulter, McMahon and McLarty were closer in picks to HDM actual pick than he was to being an actual 'first rounder'.....

In the media they have value....but i bet every pick (including futures) would be given an actual numerical value and this idea of "rounds" wouldn't be used much (apart from writing it down when submitting AFL forms!).
We’d have much preferred a first for Ollie even if it had have been Geelong’s first at18

I don’t think it is given a numerical value by clubs - unless it’s about accumulating points
It’s about access to players and potential

Looks were going to disagree on this - that’s ok
You think clubs won’t see firsts as having extra value / I think they do
I know we’re not the NFL but pick 32 costs much more than pick 33
I think any first rounder has cache and would be of value in trying to trade in a player

Bailey Smith with our speed and ball movement,

Match made in heaven.

I really think they’d have been better served moulding their team around Kennedy
Talk at the time it would have cost us picks and key young players that helped us win premiership (Brown Reid etc)
I’ll have 2010, they can have Judd
Do you know anything about the Carlton football club you speak of? Waiting, moulding, developing, all these things are totally foreign to them. What crippled them was being caught cheating and the draft pick sanctions, now cheating is a word they're very familiar with.

I just read an article that said the Harley Reid is having a bit of a struggle with homesickness. The week off after they beat the Dees, he came back to see his family. Let's get into his head early and move his whole family to Collingwood now
Reid, nah his old News let's all get on the mcguane band wagon :) 38 possession as under age and clean disposal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back