List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You need match winners and X factor players in your side, we have some of those already…you can always do with more, Reid would be ideal but it’s not like we are desperate. You pay upwards of 1.5m for one player, plus draft pick/player compensation, you’re screwed if they drop off. Look at Grundy. Would rather we target two $0.75- $1m players instead. We have match winners in Degoey, Daicos boys, Hill…of the boys that will be around for another 5+ years.
Reid or Horne-Francis would be an ideal pairing with Nick.
Unlikely, but someone like LDU would possibly be more gettable and nearly as good.

The Daicos brothers and Darcy Moore. That's about it.
Who are you going to convince to go over to WA anyway? Maybe Allan, but that’s probably about it, and if he did go back to WA you’d imagine he’d prefer Freo given his roots.

Who are you going to convince to go over to WA anyway? Maybe Allan, but that’s probably about it, and if he did go back to WA you’d imagine he’d prefer Freo given his roots.

100%. Maybe Cameron or Frampton as WA natives but they wouldn't have much trade currency. Anyone else would only have to be tempted by money.

There's been recent talk about being able to trade future picks 2 years in advance which would help.

100%. Maybe Cameron or Frampton as WA natives but they wouldn't have much trade currency. Anyone else would only have to be tempted by money.

There's been recent talk about being able to trade future picks 2 years in advance which would help.
How as it will just inflate what clubs ask for in return

Reid is a power athlete. He is totally different. Gets injured and you’re ****ed
He's already a man child. Let's see how he is in 5 or 6 years time. Their sports and conditioning team are going to have their work cut out trying to keep him at a good playing weight. He's bigger now than Dusty ever was. Probably won't amount to anything but I'll be interested to see how he develops physically

I’m in the boat that we shouldn’t go after Reid because his cost is too big.

There are some ridiculous statements after nine games, some of which have been average at best. He might go on to star, he might not also. I don’t care about the Player Ratings ranking him twice as good as Daicos.

Is there any chance that taking on Lobbs contract could be a way to sweeten a deal for Smith? Are teams allowed to package players in trades? Formally or informally?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I kinda assumed that's what was happening lol

Relieve Dogs of some salary cap in taking on Lobb's deal in totality in exchange for not trying to bend us over on Smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is LDU a free agent next season?

That could definitely work for us.

Bailey Smith and LDU in the next 2 seasons would keep our midfield chugging along.
Surely that is our plan? We have no picks or tradeable players to use in constructing deals for top-tier talent, so free-agency is our only path. That will likely mean paying overs in monetary and contract length terms but we should have space on both fronts over the next two trade periods, given the number of looming retirements.

Sliding down the ladder and going into full rebound mode isn't an option given that upcoming drafts will be horribly compromised by the deluge of concessions that will handed to the incoming Tassie Devils.

I kinda assumed that's what was happening lol

Relieve Dogs of some salary cap in taking on Lobb's deal in totality in exchange for not trying to bend us over on Smith
I am guessing that means we could afford both Lobb and Smith on our books?

Anyone know what Lobb is on? I would guess around 600k and i guess smith would be at least 850k.

Lot of salary to fit in but hopefully we can do it.

I'd rather a 2025 first round pick than Smith.
It is an interesting dilemma. To me, draft picks are so speculative, especially where we may be picking at. However, is smith a risk coming off a knee reco and with a slightly dodgy past? I would say if no lingering doubts with smith, he is a more sure fire hit than a speculative pick in the draft.

I may be in the minority but I think Lachie Shultz is a more certain proposition than any kid we could have picked this year at our first pick. It might not turn out the way I think it will, but I would be more likely to gamble on Schultz than a late first round pick.

Similar with Smith as long as he is cleared by our medical team etc.

I'd rather a 2025 first round pick than Smith.

I mean, fine, but it seems like we're after him and he wants to come to us. Allegedly.

Given his links to the Daicos brothers and the need to replace Sidebottom and Hoskin-Elliott soon-ish, it makes sense

lol you aren’t offering him 2m a year
By the end of the decade the best player at each club will be worth $2m+ and he’d still have 7 years to run on that contract. By the time a 12 year deal starting in 2025 ends he’ll have cycled through 3 CBA’s and at the current rate of growth a clubs salary cap will be circa $30m by then.

A player of Reid’s quality for the middle 5 years of his career at $2m a season will be standard if not a bargain…

Last edited:
We can all daydream about Reid joining the Pies but logically it’s not a possibility until free agency. We’ll never have the currency unless it happens in a bottoming out scenario and if so, doubt someone like him would want to go to a bottom team on a rebuild. You’d have to be able to trade a highly rated WA boy back otherwise and unless Allan goes on and defies all expectations after his debut this week we don’t have the cattle.

Though on a related note, I wouldn’t mind exposing Allan to core inside midfield work rather than the wing and get him to work on core strength. I get the feeling teams will want to have players that can match it physically and aerobically with the likes of Reid if he’s the prototype of future big bodied mid coming through and even if it’s just him by the way things are going (that infamous double fend off on two of the league’s strongest inside mids in Oliver and Petracca was comical). Almost a tagging / defensive mid role that clubs will need to fill.

No team would trade as much as Eagles would want for Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back