List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they felt they were led on by Collingwood and then we pulled out last minute, Mr. Stewart was a little unhappy because it was going on during Jnr's Year 12 exam's.
Jury is still out for me on his overall value.
Absolutely - he may become a more consistent threat over time, but he hasn't shown much yet.

Sidebottom has signed to 2021!!
Adams, Crisp and Oxley have all signed till the end of 2018!!

Having Adams and Crisp signed until the end of 2019, with DeGoey Moore and Maynard.

Then have Sidebottom, Pendles and Treloar to the end of 2020 and 2021 is great work by Balmey. See why the club wanted him back from the Cats.

With Ben Reid being a 50/50 proposition each year, would we be one of the six clubs chasing Hurley?

I hope we are, as he can hold down that CHB position, and the dependancy on Reidy being fit each year is removed. If somehow Reid beats his chronic injuries, we can then play him up forward.

PS. I hear Reidy wont be playing until round 3-4.

With Ben Reid being a 50/50 proposition each year, would we be one of the six clubs chasing Hurley?

I hope we are, as he can hold down that CHB position, and the dependancy on Reidy being fit each year is removed. If somehow Reid beats his chronic injuries, we can then play him up forward.

Not for 900k. I don't care what anyone says Hurley is not worth 900k. Maybe if he was a quality gorilla goal kicking foward then maybe but we don't need him. 900k means we will struggle to keep all our young guns in the next 2-3 years after we start winning our flags. Priorities must include Moore, degoey, Elliot, brown and the 2 big ruckmen - witts especially.

No one bar a Jesse hogan or a Jeremy Cameron would be worth 900k... But even then it would cost us more than cap space.

Not for 900k. I don't care what anyone says Hurley is not worth 900k. Maybe if he was a quality gorilla goal kicking foward then maybe but we don't need him. 900k means we will struggle to keep all our young guns in the next 2-3 years after we start winning our flags. Priorities must include Moore, degoey, Elliot, brown and the 2 big ruckmen - witts especially.

No one bar a Jesse hogan or a Jeremy Cameron would be worth 900k... But even then it would cost us more than cap space.

I think the $900K is a bit exaggerated. He would be in the $700k mark!!

I think the $900K is a bit exaggerated. He would be in the $700k mark!!

I'd pay him no more than 600. It's moot. We don't need him. We have Reid, brown, frost and Keene to come back. Better to spend money on retention or on bringing Eddie betts over.

Strong Chance and I would love us to get Hurley as a Key Defender

As much as I'd love Hurley. We desperately need players down the other end of the part. We get keeffe back next year aswell. Brown/frost/Reid/marsh/keefe is more than enoigh. Down the other end we have cloke and Moore and that's it.

As much as I'd love Hurley. We desperately need players down the other end of the part. We get keeffe back next year aswell. Brown/frost/Reid/marsh/keefe is more than enoigh. Down the other end we have cloke and Moore and that's it.

Hurley can also play KPF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurley can also play KPF
I'm not in the camp that recruiting a AA CHB only play him as a CHF is good business. Yes he can play there. But he was moved back because he performed better at the other end of the field. Hurley up forward is no better than Jesse White, but it will cost substantially more.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment: Marsh is yet to prove much more than Gault or even Cox. Keeffe is a suspended drug taker who will come back as a rookie after a long time out of the game. Reid is an ongoing injury worry and Brown has had significant injury problems in the past. We have Howe as a forward marking option also (even Elliott if we disregard height for a moment). Cloke will still take one, and at times two, of their best defenders. Moore will be inconsistent and may go in and out of the side but has already kicked 5 in a match.

So it can be spun more positively than that.

I mostly agree with you, by the way. But I do think Hurley would make our back 6 much stronger and we could really do with that sort of improvent.

To what standard? To date he and Dawes are about on par as KPF's.

IMO, chase Hurley and trade Keeffe.

Keeffe won't have value in his first year back, would be lucky to get something before pick ~35. Frost could be an option but wouldn't get more than pick 20ish and I'm not in favour of us trading Brown anymore (I was a couple of years back). With that said I'd still like to see Hurley on our list but would have to be for the right coin and I'm not sure that will be possible.

I'd trade in Hurley and play Reid forward (if he gets on the park)

Keeffe won't have value in his first year back, would be lucky to get something before pick ~35. Frost could be an option but wouldn't get more than pick 20ish and I'm not in favour of us trading Brown anymore (I was a couple of years back). With that said I'd still like to see Hurley on our list but would have to be for the right coin and I'm not sure that will be possible.

I was more thinking from a list space perspective. My understanding is that Hurley is weighing up whether to activate a FA clause in his contract. Therefore trading Keeffe gives us a minor "free hit" plus gives us better balance with our KPD, IMO.

If Hurley needs to be traded in it becomes too complex.

I was more thinking from a list space perspective. My understanding is that Hurley is weighing up whether to activate a FA clause in his contract. Therefore trading Keeffe gives us a minor "free hit" plus gives us better balance with our KPD, IMO.

I thought he would be a De-Listed Free Agent or Unrestricted Free Agent?

Yeah, the thought crossed my mind re: you meaning list space but when I see 'trade' I immediately think of going for value. Trading out Keeffe now is some form of net loss but could arguably be the best move from a list management perspective anyway, guess we'll find out.

I thought he would be a De-Listed Free Agent or Unrestricted Free Agent?

Hurley (like the rest of the banned Bombers) will automatically become Delisted Free Agents if they activate the breach of contract clause in their agreements.

If we were prepared to consider Hurley, how about Hooker?
Steve Hooker? I heard he has gone off the pole vault. Besides not sure he's what we need

image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back