Collingwood v Western Bulldogs: Prongs and Grundys. AFL Round 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Both sides were absolutely woeful. Not a clue what you were watching.
The problem with the Pies is they have 3 midfielders who are awful users of the ball. Adams, Treloar, Phillips.

Also it’s so congested around the ruck contests around the ground it’s hard to get a clear advantage from a hit out, so it’s interesting as to how Gawn & Grundy can capitalise more on their dominance.
Dewy nights are the worst for taps to advantage IMO, Grundy put the ball down a team mates throut many times but the ball had to much heat on it, rucking when it's raining is easier as you mostly go for territory and get the ball moving your way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to argue with that, and the fact Pendles isn't what he used to be.
Pendles has surprised me a little in the first 3 weeks ... I think he's been playing well and was instrumental in getting the Pies up last night.

I actually quite like the Pies but your biggest problem is you have far too many poor users of the ball by foot in the one team.

Disappointing game of footy last night, all the sideways kicking literally put me to sleep at 3/4 time. It’s early days but I hope the standard of footy improves as the year goes on!

Lots of bad kicking, Collingwood , nearly kicked themselves out of it at time with paases, but the cream came to the top in the end.
Any one say that Elliot isn't a gift to Collingwood well him and that long tall American saved the night, but I thought the game got a little pack forming too, like Sydney v Melbourne Thursday , but, maybe Sydney lock up when they are in trouble, funny first quarter Sydney looked in control couldn't score.
Melb worked their way back in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back